It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2006, 04:33 AM   #1
(female)

scaredme1 HB User
Unhappy Gave oral to guy with HIV with cut in my mouth! please please help me

I gave oral sex to a guy that i now know has HIV
I have a mouth ulcer / cut inside my cheek that was there at the time.
He didnt *** in my mouth, i dont know if there was pre ***.
We also had sex, though he had acondom on.
Am i at risk? what is the chance that i have caught it? i feel sick with worry. this is a nightmare..
Please help if you have any info
thanks so much!

Last edited by scaredme1; 12-12-2006 at 06:16 AM.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:50 AM   #2
(female)

FatherKnowsBest HB User
Re: Gave oral with a mouth ulcer! HELP please!

Friend, to be sure you did not contract the disease, you MUST be TESTED for HIV. I am sure there is a free clinic near you that will give you confidential results.

I'm sure you know that the only way to be absolutely SAFE from HIV is to abstain altogether from ALL sexual activity, including oral sex. Even using a condom does not protect 100% from sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV.

In the future, take good care of yourself by abstaining from sexual behavior with anyone - until you're married. You NEVER know WHO has an STD (they may not even know.) You deserve GREAT health and a GREAT future. Be Wise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

Dear Scared: I would suspect that the likelihood of you being HIV+ is pretty low (oral sex is considered a no-risk activity) and while I would concur that abstinence is a viable alternative, it also may be unrealistic. I would suggest that certainly you get to know your partner better, that you begin practicing safe-sex, and you begin to develop some relationships that would all of these needs. But, the bigger question regarding your HIV status is that, I suspect you had a no-risk encounter, the only way to know for sure is to be tested. Good luck. Chris

Old 12-13-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
(female)

scaredme1 HB User

Thank you for your advice, it has been done now and off course i will be carefull in the future.
However i am really worried that i may have ccontarcted HIV and im really hoping that someone can tell me the likely hood of me getting it in these circumstances.
I gave head while i had a small cut in my mouth (bit the inside of my cheek)
The guy has HIV, he didnt ***, i dont know about pre ***.
PLEASE someone, i really need help and check back at these forums alot to see if anyone has written anything

Old 01-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #5
(female)

lefebvre HB User

Hey hon, this must be tough for you. I'm in the same position and posted a thread on the general health place by mistake. I also gave oral sex to a guy who is high risk HIV and he came in my mouth, the only thing I can say is that all the medical professionals have told me that the risk is very very low but that I should get a test in three months. It's awful and is putting me off my work and my life but you must just get the test done. Just writing really to let you know there's someone in a similar boat and to send you hugs xxxx Good luck x

Old 01-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #6
(female)

jljejj HB User

Yes, it's possible.

Get tested so you know for sure

Closed Thread