It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

Moody26 HB User
Unhappy Help Has Anyone Experinced Hiv Symtoms??

I am developing alot of symstoms from hiv,i had unprotected sex and oral sex with an ex-boyfriend a month ago.I got tested this month twice,one from private testing,the other from my regular doctor.The private testing said that i am negative.My test results did'nt come back from my,regular dr.yet.....i know you can't go by, symtoms but i can't help but believe that i have been exposed to the virus.Here are the symtoms i have had and still having.
I also have Hepatitis B, had it for 5yrs.

1.Loss of Appetite - Can eat now alot.

2.Weight Loss i think i lost 10-12 pounds in a week. Mite be still losing weight.

3.I have a occassinal cough.

4.Saw blood in my salivia- don't see it anymore told the doctors they said

that's not good.

5.Occassinal flu-like symtoms and high to low fevers,slight headaches.

6.Sore throat lump in the throat experinced it once for now.

7.My face have alot of pimples or a rash i do have a,acne problem,and i use ache products for it everyday,i don't know if it's stress or heat,in my house or the warm weather?

8.NightSweats so far 3 or 4 times,tingles chills my skin sometimes feels like it's on fire.

9.Ichy skin,have a rash of small pimples on my chest,i do have some hairs on my chest,and i do know by me shaving did that cause the rash?

10.Had Diearra 3 times yesterday, comes out loosely and mushy then other times it comes out regular but smaller.Had a slight smomach flu yesterday felt sick to my stomach.

11.Stomach makes grambling sounds even after i ate a full meal,sometimes throughout the day.

12.My face and eyes looks a little sunken,and around my lip line.

13.Waps marks on my thights and arms,don't know if it's due to how i sleep or laydown?My skin keeps streching seeing all my strech marks so i'm still losing weight.Ichy boils or sores that came and now gone,one on my butt the other on my side.

14.Can hardly catch my breath at times when it's really warm in my home or outdoors.

15.Sometimes my eyes burns.

16.White tongue white patches on tongue sometimes they go away then they appear again.I had two small cuts on both sides of my mouth now gone.

17.Had my period this month that lasted only 2 in a half days.

I am really scared and fearful so if anyone expericed this please let me know?I have to wait 3-6 months to get re-tested again for hiv,if i keep having these symtoms between now and,then i really gonna be depressed.All cause of the dumb choices i made.

Last edited by Moody26; 03-26-2007 at 09:34 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Help Has Anyone Experinced Hiv Symtoms??

hi moody ,you had a negative result and thats a good indicator of your results at 3 months so most of this is in your mind. odds are you are negative!
and as i said symtoms can't diagnose you,some get many and some get none.
try to keep busy and keep your mind from beating you up and giving you guilty thoughts. everyone makes mistakes just learn from the ones you make and move on. and if the worst happens and you are posative,its not the end of the world,i thought that and ten years later most of my fears were for nothing. good luck

Old 03-26-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
(female)

Moody26 HB User

Smiteler,thank u for your advice,can i ask you this if you don't mind are you hiv postive? If so how long have you had it,and did you go through those symtoms?

Old 03-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

moody,yes i'm positive and have been for over 10 years.i contracted it from an ex gf.when i got infected i had more symptoms then that are listed but that was because i also contracted spinal meningitious at the same time. i got so sick,i probably was an couple of hours from dieing as i was so weak i couldn't walk.if i would of waited the night before i went to the hospital i would of died,i'm glad i got there when i did. what happened to me is not normal so you cant go by what happened to me. i thought my life was over when they told me but my fears were wrong as i'm still around 10 years later. so to tell you no matter what happens to you,you will be ok.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #5
(male)

jags81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody26 View Post
I am developing alot of symstoms from hiv,i had unprotected sex and oral sex with an ex-boyfriend a month ago.I got tested this month twice,one from private testing,the other from my regular doctor.The private testing said that i am negative.My test results did'nt come back from my,regular dr.yet.....i know you can't go by, symtoms but i can't help but believe that i have been exposed to the virus.Here are the symtoms i have had and still having.
I also have Hepatitis B, had it for 5yrs.

1.Loss of Appetite - Can eat now alot.

2.Weight Loss i think i lost 10-12 pounds in a week. Mite be still losing weight.

3.I have a occassinal cough.

4.Saw blood in my salivia- don't see it anymore told the doctors they said

that's not good.

5.Occassinal flu-like symtoms and high to low fevers,slight headaches.

6.Sore throat lump in the throat experinced it once for now.

7.My face have alot of pimples or a rash i do have a,acne problem,and i use ache products for it everyday,i don't know if it's stress or heat,in my house or the warm weather?

8.NightSweats so far 3 or 4 times,tingles chills my skin sometimes feels like it's on fire.

9.Ichy skin,have a rash of small pimples on my chest,i do have some hairs on my chest,and i do know by me shaving did that cause the rash?

10.Had Diearra 3 times yesterday, comes out loosely and mushy then other times it comes out regular but smaller.Had a slight smomach flu yesterday felt sick to my stomach.

11.Stomach makes grambling sounds even after i ate a full meal,sometimes throughout the day.

12.My face and eyes looks a little sunken,and around my lip line.

13.Waps marks on my thights and arms,don't know if it's due to how i sleep or laydown?My skin keeps streching seeing all my strech marks so i'm still losing weight.Ichy boils or sores that came and now gone,one on my butt the other on my side.

14.Can hardly catch my breath at times when it's really warm in my home or outdoors.

15.Sometimes my eyes burns.

16.White tongue white patches on tongue sometimes they go away then they appear again.I had two small cuts on both sides of my mouth now gone.

17.Had my period this month that lasted only 2 in a half days.

I am really scared and fearful so if anyone expericed this please let me know?I have to wait 3-6 months to get re-tested again for hiv,if i keep having these symtoms between now and,then i really gonna be depressed.All cause of the dumb choices i made.
hi, i have the upset stomach,gas and white tongue. Please advice on ur test. Is this casue of hiv...

Old 07-09-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

jags you can't go by your symptoms to determine your status
and your syptoms don't cause hiv they are a byproduct of it.
testing is the only sure way to know. good luck

Old 07-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
(male)

oreganol HB User

Hi,
It's hard. But one thing I'd like to tell you is that,try not to allow yourself to be depressed. Try and keep your spirit high,because to the best of my knowledge,the more depressed you get, the easier/faster it is to develop AIDS. So please, keep in mind that "IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER".
You may never know what could happen tomorrow. I'd suggest you seek emotional support. A church would be a great place to restore your spirit. Take a lesson from your mistakes,and take up the fight. All the best.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #8
(female)

stessnut HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags81 View Post
hi, i have the upset stomach,gas and white tongue. Please advice on ur test. Is this casue of hiv...
All those systoms are related to stress and anxiety. You ought to looking into reading someof those posts. I know someone with the HIV virus and I tell you I am scared to death to even be around them. I know that is horrible of me but i AM SO SCARED OF GETTING IT. It's some kind of aphobia I know it has to be. Anthow they have no systoms of being sick, in fact he looks healthy. You would never know that he has it. He does drink some kind of immune booster though. He hasn't known that he's had this for very long at all. I don't even know what made him go get the test. I do know that my sister, which is his partner has been tested and came back negitive. She goes back in 6 months to retest. Yes, she is still with him.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stessnut View Post
All those systoms are related to stress and anxiety. You ought to looking into reading someof those posts. I know someone with the HIV virus and I tell you I am scared to death to even be around them. I know that is horrible of me but i AM SO SCARED OF GETTING IT. It's some kind of aphobia I know it has to be. Anthow they have no systoms of being sick, in fact he looks healthy. You would never know that he has it. He does drink some kind of immune booster though. He hasn't known that he's had this for very long at all. I don't even know what made him go get the test. I do know that my sister, which is his partner has been tested and came back negitive. She goes back in 6 months to retest. Yes, she is still with him.
you have absolutly no reason to be scared around your friend who is positive,you need a certain type of contact or exchange of certian fluids to get it and its not possible from just being around them, plenty of couples who are intimate are out there and one partner is positive and the other negative and they will always be that way as long as they take the proper precautions. you need to educate yourself better and not give in to fears of what you don't know.
i think your sister is a great person for staying with that person(and has true love btw) and she will be fine as long as she takes the proper precautions so don't knock her at all or be afraid at all. and also hiv is not a death sentance if you take the proper care of yourself.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #10
(male)

jags81 HB User

Hi, I got the Elisa and P24 Antigen tests done. Test was negative. I got it done after 3 months of my exposure. But i still have this upset stomach since then and white tongue. You think i should get another test done after 3 months. I hope iam not in the window period

Closed Thread