It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
(male)

matty206 HB User
Please help me im so scared

Hi People,
It all started begin of the year i had unprotected sex with this girl. I have heard see sleeps around alot. Since that day i been to scared to get tested. I just got myself new girlfriend and she wants sex, but i keep puting it off. I have looked at few websites for information. The thing that scared me was i caught shingles about 4 weeks after i had sex with her. It said on few websites that shingles could be caused by HIV/AIDS. I'm so scared im worrying my self sick.

Could the shingles be caused by HIV/AIDS or something differnt. I did go to doctors and he give me a cousre of tablets. But he didnt say it could be caused by HIV/AIDS.

Please could someone help me.

Many Thanks
Matt

Old 04-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Please help me im so scared

hi matt, you had unprotected sex so you were at risk. odds are in your favor that your ok. the only way to know your status is to get tested,the symptoms you have or any symptoms for that matter cannot confirm if you have hiv or not. only a test will do that for you. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
(male)

matty206 HB User

Thank you for your replying. Your a star

Old 04-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

matt, also never,ever be afraid to get tested ,its the best thing you can do when your in doubt,the sooner you know your status the better off you will be if the worst happens you can get treatment sooner and the longer you will live your life won't end that fast. and if it doesn't happen at least you can put it to rest instead of worrying over nothing. no matter what happens you will be ok.
thanks for the compliment, good luck with your test

Old 04-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty206 View Post
Hi People,
It all started begin of the year i had unprotected sex with this girl. I have heard see sleeps around alot. Since that day i been to scared to get tested. I just got myself new girlfriend and she wants sex, but i keep puting it off. I have looked at few websites for information. The thing that scared me was i caught shingles about 4 weeks after i had sex with her. It said on few websites that shingles could be caused by HIV/AIDS. I'm so scared im worrying my self sick.

Could the shingles be caused by HIV/AIDS or something differnt. I did go to doctors and he give me a cousre of tablets. But he didnt say it could be caused by HIV/AIDS.

Please could someone help me.

Many Thanks
Matt
Hi Matt,

Signs and symptoms are never a reliable indicator of your HIV status. Many of the signs of HIV, most people get anyway, without even noticing. I should know I had many of them, swollen glands, colds, sore throat, oral thrust. I had outbreaks of spots, on my arms and legs and I was feeling tried and depressed. These are all signs of HIV, but many people get these without being HIV positive, they are normal everyday concurrences that effect people everyday.

But when you are worried, concerned and start noticing these things, they suddenly become big issues; they are suddenly confirming your worst case scenario.

Take my word for it Matt, on any given day you could, if you looked hard enough you would find a symptom of HIV, because most people have them anyway.

The bottom line is symptoms are never a reliable indicator, if you have any concerns at all about your HIV status , go for a blood test immediately, this is the only way to find out your status. Please do not do as I did, delay, put it off and continue self examining yourself and allowing your mind to run riot.

Incidentally I am negative,this,after I awoke along side a prostitute in West Africa after a very heavy night on the booze.

We all make mistakes mate, we all screw up, but the worst mistake I made was not getting me checked out at the earliest possible opportunity. If in any doubt Matt, please don't make the same mistake.

Take care Kevin

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-17-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:31 AM   #6
(male)

matty206 HB User

Hi, Thank you very much for replying. I went for blood test today. I got wait three weeks to get my results back. Once again thanks for both of your help

Matt

Closed Thread