It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
(female)

stayingstrong06 HB User
Does Herpes turn into HIV?

Hi, I am new to this and I think this is such a wonderful site. I have read some stories and I am glad to know that I am not the only one going thru this. I tested positive for HSV type 2 in September of 2006. I was told by my doctor that I will have small outbreaks in the future and he prescribed me Valtrex. Since then I have had small outbreaks but I got another one in December, then again in the end of January and most recent about 3 weeks ago. I called the doctor and told him about my outbreaks and they asked me if I was going through alot of stress and I said yes. So BINGO! that was my answer. Since then I have not had any outbreaks but as I went to the doctors office I requested to take all kinds of STD tests (HPV,HIV,Syphillis,Chlamydia,Gonnorhea, Herpes (again) & Hepatitis C)

So they did some blood work on me a week ago and I am FREAKING OUT! I have been looking for early symptoms on HIV and I have had some in the past such as swollen glands ( I went to my Throat doctor and he told me I had Tonsillitis). I also read that Tonsillitis is an HIV Symptom but it's also a herpes symptom too. The reason why I am worried about it is that my ex husband constantly cheated on me and I don't know if he used protection with the other women. The last time I took an HIV test was when I was pregnant with my son in 2000. I have not had many partners (Can still count withone hand ) but I am just really worried if I do have HIV, I won't be able to see my children grow up. I know this sounds stupid but I can really use some advice. Has anyone ever had this problem and it came out negative? Please reply. THANKS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Does Herpes turn into HIV?

i have good news,bad news and things you should know.
first off herpes does not turn into hiv.
when someone is infected with hiv it is common for other std's to piggyback with it.(hep and herpes and others ect.)
next,you cannot determine that you are infected with hiv by looking at any symptoms,the only way to determine your status is by getting tested.
so stop worrying over symptoms towards hiv its a waste of time.
you had a partner that you can't trust so your at risk for hiv.
if the worst happens and your positive your life will not be over,you will be around for your kids,the drugs now will keep you alive for a long time.
so put those fears to rest. just so you know 10 years later i'm still out kickin #$% and taking prisoners lol.
there is a great chance you are negative, so don't be down
good luck with your test

Old 04-24-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
(female)

stayingstrong06 HB User

Thank you so much smiteler. I do feel a little bit more relieved. I will find out tomorrow. My children are both very small and I just kept thinking that if I had HIV I would not live to be a grandmother. I am so devoted to my kids and I don't want them being motherless because of what their stupid A*% father did in the past . My bf however did tell me that whatever happens we are still going to be together and I believe him . THANKS AGAIN!!

Last edited by stayingstrong06; 04-24-2007 at 05:50 PM.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

i know how you feel about the ex,there is not much you can do ,but hope that thier day will come.i can't prove it, but i'm pretty sure i was infected on purpose by my ex because she didn't want to be alone and for a few other reasons.she then ran off with someone else.she could of very well did the same thing to someone else,i really don't know or care its a part of my past i try to soon forget.enough of me and my tale of woe,you will be fine no matter what the outcome is,don't be afraid it will all work out for you
good luck again

Old 04-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #5
(female)

stayingstrong06 HB User
Talking Re: Does Herpes turn into HIV?

Hello everyone,

I finally received my results today. I am HIV negative! I am so relieved. However I just found out I have HPV. I am glad I took all these STD tests and HIV because my Pap Smear came out very normal and am HPV+ and I am still able to have more children. I just want to thank everyone who helped me cope with this. My bf is going to the docs today to do a FULL physical (STD,HIV,HPV,Body physical) to see if everything is ok with him. I also just recently found out that my best friends partner came out HIV+. He is a little nervous about himself so he is going to test. He really loves him and my best friend is such a caring person that when his bf went to test before he found out he still told him that they were going to stick it out together. I am glad I have caring friends sorrounding me. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Old 04-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

at least you dodged the big bullet,that is good news.good friends will go a long way. good luck to you and also have a great weekend

Closed Thread