It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 06:13 AM   #1
(male)

blessedchild HB User
OH NO, Swollen Lymph Nodes after pos, I need help, thanks

After hearing great news about hiv medicines and talking and hearing about people in my city who've lived a pretty normal life with the disease for over 15 years my immediate depression and anxiety from 1 week ago when i found out, had disappeared. But, now i'm horrified again. I have a swollen lymph node on my neck. It's right under my ear so it can't be hidden. Actually i felt a small lump a maybe 3 to 5 weeks ago. It's actually the reason i got tested for hiv. But, now that small lump has become more noticeable and that's a problem. Just because I have hiv doesn't mean I want to look like it. Though there are other illnesses that cause swollen lymph nodes i've heard atleast 3 people associate lymph nodes with hiv. This was before I had swollen lymph nodes. Furthermore since i was tested 6 or 7 months ago and it was neg. my infection is probably new. The doctor said it could me a minute before they put me on medicine, but first things first. I still have to wait another week for the western blot confirmation, then i'll have to schedule an appointment with a case worker, then a doctor to draw blood to see my cell count. So to make a long story short I could have to wait another month to be put on medicine if they even put me on medicine right away.

So my question to you guys, is there any home remedy for this? or Over-The-Counter drug that is known to actually help swollen lymph nodes. anything to reduce the swelling, after initial infection does a swollen lymph nodes usually last very long? Is there anything I can do to reduce the swollen lymph it's right under my ear .

What's a good excuse I can tell co-workers and family members when they ask about the swollen lymph node? keep in mind especially with the co-workers their very nosy people and i actually heard a co-worker associate swollen lymph nodes with hiv several months ago. Also keep in mind i'm in my early 20s. An excuse like it's a sinus infection probably wouldn't cut it with these messy people.

Other than my hiv treatment which will be put on a payment plan that agrees with my income, i don't have any insurance and no extra money to go see a doctor about the swollen lymph node.

thanks you very much and have a great day!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
(male)

blessedchild HB User
Re: OH NO, Swollen Lymph Nodes after pos, I need help, thanks

anybody?

it started off very small and soft now it's grew and it's hardish. I'm afraid it's going to get bigger...when do these things go away? it's very embarrassing. me not shaving is sort of camoflauging it but it's suspect since i'm a very clean cut guy and me with hair all over my face doesn't mix, not to mention my age. thanks

Old 06-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
(female)

Staar80 HB User

i have had extremesymptoms for 10 months now. tested negative up til 8 months. still waiting on 10 month result (how long did it take you to seroconvert?) and have a hard gland under my chin, the ID says the ones on the side of my neck are swollen too. she said my symptoms are very similar, but the ars issues wouldn't drag on for 10 months., including the glands, but i feel it is HIV. how long after infection did the glands swell?

Old 06-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
(male)

blessedchild HB User

i don't know when i became infected. I'm still waiting on my confirmation. here's what i wrote on my other post about the spider looking bumps.

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=495790&page=2[/url]

"these multiple itchy bumps just occured about a month ago after having unprotected sex with girlfriend. She admitted to multiple partners in her past but provided an hiv negative test from a few months ago. The crazy thing is---i didn't have any symptoms before having unprotected sex with her then like a week later came the itchy bumps in my pubic area, then some reddish non itchy painless bumps on my arms and back. I was thinking it was herpes or something, but after i noticed 2 swollen lymph nodes i really began to worry and i went to get tested....1 other odd thing it's off subject but my girlfriend is the most suspect person i've been with meaning when i found out, i was almost 95% sure I got it from her, because she told me she use to have sex with different guys and even stripped for 5 months before we met. But, the girl i met was so sweet and i still find it hard to believe that such a nice girl use to be a freak and a stripper. Anyways her hiv test came back negative. Which is so weird because i haven't had unprotected sex with anybody else in years and i've been tested since then. I've given a couple girls oral sex but i've heard it's extremely hard to get anything from oral. I just don't understand how i got it if the only person i've had unprotected sex with doesn't have it and all the symptoms came 1 week to 1 month after we had unprotected sex."

if that didn't answer your question....i just started getting symptoms (swollen lymph nodes and reddish painless bumps on my arms, chest, stomach) a lil over a month ago but probably 1 to 3 weeks after me and girlfriend had unprotected sex. But, since she's negative I didn't get it from her, right? am I being unreasonable for thinking that i somehow still got it from her? Then again i doubt i would've tested positive this quick if me and her just had unprotected sex maybe 4 weeks before i got tested.

1 question to anybody. the dr. told her to come back in 3 weeks for another test but i've saw online from several sites that antibodies usually take 3 to 6 months to show up. So when it's time for her to go back to the dr. it'll only have been about 7 weeks/49 days/less than 2 months since we had unprotected sex for the first time.

thanks

Staar I really hope you are fine my friend! I pray for you! I really think your fine if it's been this long and your still testing negative. i've heard negative test are pretty accurate, it's the positive test that have to be confirmed and stuff. I will admit I had never heard of seroconversion until a couple weeks ago but all the symptoms could be a sign of several different diseases.

Anybody have any advice on these lymph nodes? any home remedies? please help! a nurse just starting on my job part-time. And out the blue she just starts talking to me about hiv. At the barbershop my barber started talking to me about hiv. thanks for your time and help.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #5
(female)

Staar80 HB User

i have red bumps too, on my chest. there is a clustery area-they do come and go, but usually in the same place. they are pimple like. i never had anything like this before in my life. this is probably gonna sound stupid, but i always wore low cut shirts, but now i feel like i can't leave the house without a tutrleneck. it looks awful. and there are red faint spots (not pimple or blister) real fine, all down my back and on my face.

with the dr. telling her to come back in 3 weeks, it's probably just to keep an eye on things.

everything for me started when i cheated on my husband. he knows all that has happened, and has forgiven me, no matter the outcome of these tests. he thinks i am making myself more sick, as a way to punish myself, but i know i am not making these glands be swollen for 10 months!!!

Old 06-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #6
(male)

kimoz HB User

Oh well its six months now, and I still have these swollen lymph nodes which bothers me. Everyone say I have no risk but I don't know anymore maybe I have an infection too.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #7
(male)

gatic HB User

Dude, it's stress! You just found out your HIV positive, now you are starting to 'create' everything under the sun and then some. Your not dying...chill out!

Old 06-17-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
(female)

tiffb01 HB User

My boyfriend have those lymp nodes also and he was tested positive about a month ago but I tested negative and his is also on his neck under his ear and it is driving him crazy and being that he is incarcerated it is really driving him crazy but he don't have that much long to go before he get out and he know I aint going any where the only thing we doing different is practice safe sex and be cautious with daily task and being that we have 2 kids we have to be cautious.

Closed Thread