It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #1
(male)

sm_101 HB User
Kinda worried...

Hi... really great forum... anyways on with my question... i had unprotected sex in april... well i wouldn really call it intercourse because it hardly lasted for a second because of the pain... i dint see any blood either... but i did fall sick with the soar throat and fever and breathlessness the next month... but i have slight asthma.. so this is the normal pattern of me falling ill... i had body sex in the end of august... but no intercourse... i only felt a lil precum on my penis... im not even sure if it touched the tip of my penis (any chances there?)... now... about 6 weeks later... i dont have a sore throat or anything but i think i have swollen lymph nodes on my neck... no pain... i can feel them with my fingers though and they keep growing and shrinking...! dont really have the courage to get myself tested... and i do get hyper sometimes... but im worried... not freaking out.. i was though last week... but after reading the posts here i was comforted... i know my chances of having contracted the disease is slim... but im still thinking... i know i have to get myself tested wich i will do soon... i did have a sore throat and all of it say about 3 weeks after the body sex i had... any help? thanks...

Last edited by sm_101; 10-12-2007 at 09:32 PM. Reason: forgot to add a line..!

Old 10-12-2007, 11:38 PM   #2
(male)

smar HB User
Re: Kinda worried...

Ok, first off, body sex? What is that? Regardless, unprotected sex, no matter how long it lasts is a risk, and with HIV risks, you gotta get tested.

I'm going to tell you the same thing I tell everyone else, stop looking at symptoms. ARS symptoms (the symptoms you SOMETIMES get when initially infected with HIV) are sporadic and vary from person to person. One person may not exhibit any symptoms, while others may have them all. The symptoms associated with ARS are so broad and vague that they really could be from any disease, or just totally random in general.

You need to get your self tested.
The other thing I've told everyone with your same question, is that you typically have a 1/200 chance in contracting the virus, and since you don't even know if the person was positive, I wouldn't worry to much.

Please get tested and keep us posted

good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #3
(male)

sm_101 HB User

thanks for your reply... really appreciate it... ill go soon and get myself tested... i doubt it myself... but the swollen nodes kinda got me thinking... i dunno lets see wat happens...

Old 10-13-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
(male)

smar HB User

No problem. And remember, if it does turn out positive, HIV is a very manageable disease. We have lots of highly active retroviral medications that make HIV virtually undetectable. Many HIV patients have been alive for 20+ years and are still perfectly healthy.

Also, the thing about lymph nodes is that they really are the most broad symptom, believe it or not. You can get swollen lymph nodes from pretty much anything. Yes, HIV can cause swollen lymph nodes, but so can things like minor infections, the cold, influenza, strep, mono, cancer, and sometimes they swell up for what seems to be no reason at all. It is simply your bodies natural reaction to an infection.

Just don't worry, I know that can be hard but remember, worrying isn't going to help your situation.
Good luck!

Last edited by smar; 10-13-2007 at 09:35 AM. Reason: had to add something

Old 10-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #5
(male)

sm_101 HB User

thanks so much smar...! oh one more thing... i read somewhere that swollen lymph nodes 6 weeks after possible exposure is pushing it... is that correct? well right now i have only swollen nodes... no other symptoms at all... i dont thing the sex i had in april would have done anything... cause i spoke to the guy and he told me that he wouldn have touched me if he was infected... and i kinda believe him... and by body sex i mean just making out and stuff... thats all... i know its ridiculous... but then again.. i kinda am worried... i know the chances of being infected are slim but still... lets see... will mostly go today to get myself tested... also... i came to the US on the 27th of sept and am gonna be here for another 6 months... u think the nodes could also be cauz of the new bed... or a sheet wich caused an allergy or something?

Last edited by sm_101; 10-13-2007 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added something

Old 10-13-2007, 11:24 PM   #6
(male)

smar HB User

I doubt you have it, but you did take a risk and therefore, it is a very good idea for you to get tested. Swollen lymph nodes could literally be caused by
anything. For me to try and tell you exactly what caused your swollen lymph nodes would be wrong of me because I really wouldn't know. Symptom are just...not a great way of determining your HIV status. Everyone seems to think that if you have symptoms of SOMETHING, then it must be HIV, when I'd guess 99% of the time it's nothing.

Just get tested, and I'm sure you'll be fine, but the only way to know is a test.

Closed Thread