It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
(female)

anxiety11 HB User
Unhappy Adivce would be great ~ So worried :(

OK in May I had a new partner, used a condom for sex but I did oral sex on him. Ever since then I just havent felt right. I swear any symptoms I had from then until now all goes back to HIV when I look it up! I even have these red spots in my mouth like I bit my cheek ~ But I know I didnt. I get sore throats off an on, no thrush or yeast infections anywhere. My Dr. didnt seem to be too worried about the spots in my mouth. Anyway I got tested a month after, and then 2.5 months after, and both were negative. I have recently got told I am boarderline HYPERthyroid which makes NO sense b/c I def don't have weight loss, and I am also slightly anemic. I went to the Dr. @ 5 months and was negative still. But I still can't help but worry. With HIV would I feel crappy for all this time? I read places that you get symptoms in the beginning of a cold and then after that you don't have any problems until you start converting to AIDS?? I dont know what to think and I am under a lot of stress in my life right now and worrying about this isn't helping at all. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear it

Old 11-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
(male)

smar HB User
Re: Adivce would be great ~ So worried :(

You are fine. If you used a condom, you are fine. Oral sex is just not a major way of transmission unless there were cuts in your mouth. It really doesn't matter either way because your tests were negative. People don't seem to realize just how accurate these tests are. If it says you're neg, trust me (and the test), you are negative. You can't go chasing symptoms. Everyone on this board seems to do that, and it's just going to make you feel awful. The symptoms associated wth ARS (the symptoms of initial infection) are so broad that they really could actually be caused by anything. Also, not everyone gets these symptoms. Some people get every symptom known, while others feel nothing.

I guarantee that you don't have it. It must be something else, but it is NOT HIV.

You're fine.
You did the responsible thing and got tested, and now you know that you are fine. =)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
(female)

anxiety11 HB User

Would HIV make you feel sick all the time? or just initally and then when you convert?

Old 11-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
(female)

chodin HB User

I wholeheartedly agree with SMAR. I read your other thread regarding hyperthyroidism. It sure sounds like your symptoms are hyperthyroid. Hopefully your doctor ran your other thyroid labs as well (T3, T4) in addition to your TSH. All are needed to make the diagnosis. I was diagnosed with Graves Disease (hyperthyroidism) recently, and had RAI to treat it. I will probably go hypothyroid, but being on 1 pill a day as opposed to 1 pill 3 times a day is fine by me. One of my symptoms is that I have had quite of few canker sores in my mouth since a few months before being diagnosed.
Yours may or may not be canker sores (which are similar that you get if you bite your cheek). You may want to see an endocrinologist (hyperthyroidism is an autoimmune disease) or maybe an infectious disease doctor. My best to you on your journel to wellness!

Closed Thread