It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 06:44 AM   #1
(male)

Raider72 HB User
over worrying about symptoms

Been having severe anxiety and worries lately, and only because I think I'm bringing it on myself.... I have had anxiety/panic disorder for 10 years now, been under meds and it's been fine, no attacks or anything, but the odd nervousness which is normal. I've been under some stress and have alot happening later this year (house,moving,relocating) which is making me worried/stressful hoping everything goes smooth and fine, which i'm sure it will be, however...

About 6 weeks ago I started getting really achy muscles in my arms and legs, would come and go, (mostly now in the arms only, biceps area, not under arm pits) the more I thought and noticed it the stronger the aches, when I wasn't thinking about it I felt fine, no aches or anything. I always self-diagnose and is probably the problem of all my aches, I shouldn't be doing it, I will search the internet all my symptoms etc and get these worries I have cancer, hiv, lupus etc as when I put down achy muscles, sore throat etc those all come up. The achy muscles are still there, I have a sore throat (not severe, just feel a bit like something is in the back of my throat when I swallow, more annoying than sore, I dont have sore lymph nodes or anything, no white spots) and no flu symptoms or anything else with the sore throat, I feel fine. The only other symptom is my ears feel plugged up sometimes as well, mostly when I'm dwelling or thinking about my symptoms. I did feel sick awhile ago with a flu, cold etc, and sure enough my arms and legs felt fine then... aches went away. Probably because my mind was on my flu symptoms and not the aches. Another week I went away for 3 days out of town for a little vacation i guess, and the entire time, no aches. But when I returned home, my aches came back. One other thing is that I have a rash that comes and goes on penis, red, dry skin, looks like ecxema and is worse after sex, probably from being irritated, as if I go a few days leaving it it seems to get better, Thats another symptom I always read about hiv, skin rashes! My doctor gave me lamisil (for fungus) and seems to work but always comes back. My g/f gets yeast/bladder infections more than usuall but she tells me that she's had that way before she's been with me, (5 years now we been together) I did have blood test (incl.HIV) years ago, was fine, I get regular blood checks when i have physical (every year) and always fine... I've also had ulcers in my mouth (twice), white flim inside lower lip (not on tongue or cheeks) which felt like a cankor sore, but those went anyway and been awhile since I had them, was before all these recent aches started, and I think was due to a mouthwash I was using, dr. said was just an ulcer... but I just get worried when i read all these symptoms are also signs of hiv.... muscle aches, rash, plugged ears, sore throat... is this all me worrying way too much? stress causing all this?

Last edited by Raider72; 04-17-2008 at 07:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
(male)

Buce HB User
Re: over worrying about symptoms

Do you have a white tongue and a dry mouth?
I don't think it is stress, and I don't think it is HIV either.
Go to a doctor and HIV test if you are worried.

Closed Thread