It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
(male)

xobi123 HB User
Unhappy Positive or false positive?

I had unprotected receptive anal sex. m2m. The guy did not orgasm inside of me but orgasmed the moment he pulled out. The sex act was rough. I've been told that the very first test was a false positive.

Here are the tests that I have taken.....

week 2 Oraquick saliva positive
Western blot negative
week 3 Viral Load Rna 50 ml copies for early detection negative
HIV 1/2 AB negative
week 5 Full STD panel negative
week 6 PCR DNA for early detection negative
HIV 1/2 AB negative
week 7 At home finger stick test negative
week 8 HIV 1 & HIV 2 AB full blood specimen negative
rapid finger stick test negative
week 10 rapid fnger stick test

The only pain that I still have now is joint pain, fatigue, headaches and many eye floaters.

SYMPTOMS:
nodes, tiredness, rashes around wrists, top of knuckles,palms and knees. Loss of appetite, diarrhea, thrush or plaque in the morning, dry cough, chills, night sweats, slight fever, 2 cysts on chest that gushed blood very recently, 2 cold sores.

The first thing I felt was swelling in my groin nodes that was painful, a burning rash on my rectum, bloody stool, pain during urination for one day.

Could I have an autoimmune disease that prevents detection?
Can alcohol, Doxycycline, shot of antibiotics prevent accuracy?
What are the chances of me testing positive?
If my 3 month test comes back negative, should I be reassured?
Is it virtually impossible to be infected after all of the tests that I have taken considering i've had a false positive along with all of these symptoms?

I've heard that some people test positive with the onse of symptoms. I'm convinced that I have hiv but have been told that I do not by experts and doctors. I'm waiting for my 13 week test which is coming back soon. I'm very concerned and convinced and people are starting to think that it's all anxiety. But how is that possible? My lymph nodes were flared and in pain. I had severe lower abdominal pain. People here in NYC trust the tests at 6 weeks. Could I have something that is preventing my blood from producing and showing the antibodies on the test? Did I take the PCR DNA test to late. Please help me. Every time I take a walk my toes and knees start hurting. Everytime I type my fingers start hurting. I have some kind of Arthritis. Could it be something other then HIV? All of this started happening after the exposure. That is why I'm scared. I tested out to 11 weeks and still negative. Is the tests going to pick up something soon. So many people have told me that 13 weeks is conclusive. What should I do? Should I believe in the experts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Positive or false positive?

you are negative,so you not gonna hear anything that you already have been told
false positives are not uncommon and all your follow up tests are neg
your symptoms cannot diagnose hiv
if you cannot accept it, you might want to look into some counciling of sorts
good luck

Closed Thread