It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2002, 10:05 AM   #1
BillG

Angry ARS - At Nine Weeks? Please Answer!!

Can someone please tell me the likelyhood that ARS symptoms would START at 9 weeks.

I just started to have a dry cough (little mucas)8 days ago and still here (started 9 weeks after unprotected sex) and my lymphnodes are moderately swollen in neck and groin (but not my underarms though I beleive), as well as my glands behind my cheeks. Feel a little lethargic.

My understanding is that ARS would usually occur with 2-4 weeks on average and that 9 weeks would like be quite late.

Old 07-22-2002, 04:32 PM   #2

cecilquig HB User
ARS symptoms appear 3-90 days after infection, if at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2002, 12:01 PM   #3
BillG

But how likely is it to BEGIN at 9 weeks? I was under the impression is tarted much earlier and this would be rather late. Thus seroconversion wouldn't occur until 10-12 weeks after initial infection likely?

Old 07-23-2002, 01:10 PM   #4

cecilquig HB User
seroconversion has been reported at up to 13 months. that was most exceptional, however. it is estimated that 90% of hiv-infected people seroconvert within the first month.

Old 07-27-2002, 12:21 AM   #5
(male)

fastboy123 HB User
Celilquiq, can you please tell me where/what is your evidence to suggest that people will seroconvert in one month (ie. start showing antibodies?) Just curious to know as people shoot abunch of percentages off her without even backing it up with documentation or at least word of mouth from health professionals.

Old 07-28-2002, 11:38 PM   #6

Yikes! HB User
Smile

Why can't you just have a cold instead of an extremely rare case of acute retroviral syndrome...?

Maybe you should take an HIV test if you know you have high-risk exposures?

Old 08-26-2002, 06:39 PM   #7
Inactive

jmcne HB User
See my posting on coconut oil and lauric acid. The active ingredient in coconut oil is lauric acid. It dissolves the lipid (fatty) membrane on viruses and destroys them. It also works for bacteria, fungii, and cancer. Although a saturated fat, it does not raise your cholesterol or cause heart problems or arterial damage. See the websites that I listed in my posting and read all the info. Dr Mary Enig recommends 3-1/2 tablespoons of unrefined, cold pressed coconut oil a day. You can get this from one of the cited websites or a health food store. Do not get refined, hydrogenated oil.

Closed Thread