It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2002, 09:29 AM   #1

ALEX_VIT HB User
Question HIV Contraction by Saliva in anus by Penetration ?

Hi I am new to the board but often read the posts. i know probably every one is fed up of answering peoples post on different situations, but if any one could shed some light on this event that happened to me.

Over four months a go I had a encounter with a man, I performed oral sex on him, he did not ejaculate, nor did I taste much pre ***. later he then penetrated me, he did have a condom. But instead of using water based lubricant he used his saliva.

What is the chance of contraction HIV from the saliva used during penetration?

Any info would be a big help.

Many Many thanks

Old 12-29-2002, 01:33 PM   #2

jojo16 HB User
relax, it is EXTREMELY unlikely that u can contract hiv this way. there is a slim possibility: if his saliva had blood, maybe from bleeding gums or sores and if he tore you. dont worry about it, the best way to know is to get tested, i hope i helped, good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2002, 09:07 PM   #3
Inactive

Griffy HB User
I used to be a HIV/AIDS peer educator in HS and I remember my intructor telling me - "You would have to drink 10-20 gallons of saliva from an HIV infected person to even have the slighest chance of contracting it."

Old 12-30-2002, 02:14 AM   #4
infoguy

saliva is NOT a fluid implicated with hiv. even if he had bleeding gums, etc, i still wouldn't be worried. put it this way: you would need to see major blood flowing out of his mouth to pose any risk.

i am concerned about your giving oral sex to him though. you gotta be really careful with this! people have become infected this way, although much less frequently than other means, like vaginal and anal sex.

if in doubt, get tested.

Old 01-03-2003, 09:23 AM   #5
littlesheep1999

Red face

awwww bless

Closed Thread