It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

kitten1970 HB User
Unhappy 12 weeks negative still showing symptoms

Please anyone respond,
Iam a 38 y/o female who had unprotected anal penetration attempt with white male of unknow status.Penetration was not completed and no ejaculation. However next morning I was spotting some blood ( drops)
Tests done to this date:
4 weeks PCR DNA test negative / Antibody negative
8 weeks PCR DNA test negative/ Antibody negative
12 weeks antibody test negative.

Symptoms I have experience off and on since encounter up until today (4 month mark) are swollen lymph nodes in neck, felt feverish, fatigue, gastro problems like nausea, gas and diarrea(frequent) pimple like rash in back of legs (now gone), white tongue/possible oral trush, weight loss of 4 kgs. Now at 4 month I have developed a sinus infection and have had fever. Doctor put me on antibiotics but it is taking long time to go away completely. My doctor says she believes my symptoms are due o stress/depression and tremendous anxiety. I am now seeing a therapist and she put me on antidepressants just yesterday.

My questions are: How conclusive is 12 week negative results despite of all symptoms? If this is ARS, can it last 4 months???

I will definately re test at 6 months or perhaps 5 months since I cant take this anymore.

BtW, I have tested negative for Hep B and C at 4 month mark.

Please your input would be much apprecciated...

Thanks,

Old 07-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Grambo HB User
Re: 12 weeks negative still showing symptoms

97% of people will have developed antibodies you have nothing to worry about IMO. It's really rare for someone to take 6 months or longer to produce antibodies but it does happen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
(female)

kitten1970 HB User

I have heard from other sites that 3 month is conclusive according to cdc. Six months guidelines apply to people with severe depressed inmune system due to organ transplant and chemotherapy.
However, due to the fact that I am still experiecing all these symptoms, I am retesting in a month, my 5th month mark. I dont think I cant wait until 6 month... This is insane and killing me day after day.
Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
(male)

MrLund HB User
Exclamation Re: 12 weeks negative still showing symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten1970 View Post
Please anyone respond,
Iam a 38 y/o female who had unprotected anal penetration attempt with white male of unknow status.Penetration was not completed and no ejaculation. However next morning I was spotting some blood ( drops)
Tests done to this date:
4 weeks PCR DNA test negative / Antibody negative
8 weeks PCR DNA test negative/ Antibody negative
12 weeks antibody test negative.

Symptoms I have experience off and on since encounter up until today (4 month mark) are swollen lymph nodes in neck, felt feverish, fatigue, gastro problems like nausea, gas and diarrea(frequent) pimple like rash in back of legs (now gone), white tongue/possible oral trush, weight loss of 4 kgs. Now at 4 month I have developed a sinus infection and have had fever. Doctor put me on antibiotics but it is taking long time to go away completely. My doctor says she believes my symptoms are due o stress/depression and tremendous anxiety. I am now seeing a therapist and she put me on antidepressants just yesterday.

My questions are: How conclusive is 12 week negative results despite of all symptoms? If this is ARS, can it last 4 months???

I will definately re test at 6 months or perhaps 5 months since I cant take this anymore.

BtW, I have tested negative for Hep B and C at 4 month mark.

Please your input would be much apprecciated...

Thanks,

You can be assure that you do not have HIV. HIV at 3 month is good indicator that you did not become infected.

If you had weak immune system you would of have known it by now. You wouldn't have been sitting here typing your problem out and stressing about it, instead you would be in ICU.

Following test you should do:

EBV & HHV 6 & CMV. . Stop stressing... If you have positive for any of those, then you may have CFIDS.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
(male)

esperanza2009 HB User

Hi Kitten:

I hope all is well with you and pray you've found peace of mind to deal with your symptoms.

I was wondering if you could shed some light on your current health status to someone that has been feeling some of the same symptoms you mentioned. I've also tested negative for HIV (bDNA on 40 days mark, antibody at 1,2,3 and 4 months.

I'm still having abdominal pains - my bowel movements have never been the same since two weeks after the exposure, still have a general adenopathy (groin and axillary for sure, while I have a swollen mass in under my jaw - which might be a salivary gland but it could well be a lymph node), muscle and joint pains, a sore and cracked skin near the ankle, very dry skin in my hands and the seborreic dermatitis (itchy scalp and flaky skin in the browns). About a month ago, I started to have a mild headache, my eyes are occasionally itchy and painful. I've never had of the symptoms above before.
I usually start the day with energy, but I get worn out and fatigued towards the end of the day. To complicate things even more, I had an herpes outbreak in my lips (it healed in 10 days though).

Are you feeling better nowadays ? What has helped you feel better ? What hasn't ?

Thank you and may god bless you . . .

Last edited by esperanza2009; 10-23-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
(female)

shefab HB User

I do not mean sound like I am taking your fears lightly, but you are more than likely OK. If the event was traumatic, you are possibly going through anxiety from it.

I have had needle sticks and full face blood splashes from HIV+, Hep C and AIDS 'clients' as an "occupational hazzard" at work over the last 5 years. I test every 6 months and I am still negative. [No I am not a h**ker, but you can't say the N (urse) word here!]

ETA: I'm an idiot! I just noticed this post is over a year old. De-de de!

Last edited by shefab; 10-24-2009 at 04:07 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to shefab For This Useful Post:
1983peace1 (01-17-2012)
Closed Thread