It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2003, 04:35 AM   #1
Worried???

Post Protected Sex, what are chances of being infected?

Hi, I was stupid enough to have had sex with a prostitute about 2 months ago. It was all protected oral and vaginal. I didnt think much about it until I heard that you can catch many things without having any symptoms. I went to my local clinic after two weeks and was checked for all STD's (except HIV) and was given the all clear. However then I started to really panic and since this time have had the symptoms mentioned, headaches, feeling sick, muscle aches etc. I therefore went for a blood test at the clinic (38 days post encounter) and it came back negative also.

I am going to go for another test at the three months, but am really scared still. What is the chance I have caught it, I am really scared and cant concentrate on anything!

Old 07-30-2003, 06:38 AM   #2
zipzero

Dude, word to the wise--->Don't f--k w/ prostitutes, period. You had protected sex your going to fine. Unfortunely condoms break sometimes and that's where you run into trouble. Test at 3 months..it will be negative.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2003, 08:42 AM   #3
Veteran

Temperamental HB User
HIV generally is not transmitted via a condom, so you can stop worryi8ng there. Giving oral is also low risk. Use a condom and you should be fine. Your symptoms are not indicative of HIV since sex was protected.

Old 07-30-2003, 08:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

maybe helpful HB User
Sex with protection leaves almost no risk. Your chances of contracting HIV are practically zero. If you are stresses about it, that can cause your symptoms, as you can surely tell from MANY other posts here. You did the right thing by protecting yourself. Go ahead and get the test at three months for your own peace of mind, but Id bet your all clear!

------------------
Good Luck and Be Safe

Old 07-30-2003, 08:50 AM   #5

Jide HB User
You made the right decision by using protected sex. Test at 3 months for the peace of mind; the results will come back -.

Old 09-01-2003, 07:25 AM   #6
Worried????

Hi, I have since had two more tests, one at 7 weeks and one at 11 weeks, these were both negative. I am still concerned however that I may be having ARS symptoms now as I have painful armpits and groin, help me please!

Old 09-02-2003, 01:04 PM   #7

rjasin123 HB User
Dear Worried:

The vast majority of folks seroconvert within 4-6 weeks after becoming infected. Therefore, you would not be experiencing ARS at 11 plus weeks.

You were in a virtually non-existant risk encounter. You did what you were supposed to do by using a latex condom. Tender armpits not withstanding, you are HIV negative.

I feel guilt may be acting on you. Let the guilt go. Listen to the advice of me and the others who have replied.

Keep moving forward.

Jazz

Closed Thread