It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2003, 11:24 AM   #1
jos

Cool Clarification on lymphocytes??

I tested nonreactive for HIV-1 AB, EIA and HIV-1 AB, QL a year and a half after what I thought was an exposure from a tattoo artist who put blood into the ink(I know kinda crazy thoughts) I had a regular CBC done and should I be concerned, pleasse look.

Clarification if you can. I was reading an article that said "in 1993 the definition was expanded to include HIV-infected adults and adolescents with CD4+T-lymphocytes counts of less than 200 cell per cubic millimeter, or less than 14 percent of total lymphocytes".

The basic CBC that I had done that indicates Total Lymphocytes, % as 13.7 in a reference range of 15-49 % (is something totally different than what that article is talking about?) This is where I'm getting worried/confused?

Thanks for the clarification, Josh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2003, 02:44 PM   #2
JoJo11

What did the doctor who ordered the CBC say?? Total Lymphocytes do include t-cell, and b-cell counts and can be either high or low in HIV infection. However, many other infections can also through the count off a bit. I would get tested if i were you.

Old 10-04-2003, 03:14 PM   #3
jos

I did get tested and it was negative. thanks for the input

Closed Thread