It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
(female)

MYSISSYGIRLS HB User
cousin + just found a mass on chestxray please need info or just support

Hi,
If anyone remembers me I have posted here a few times since june in regards to my cousin being diagnosed pos. Things are going from bad to worse it seems since the diagnosis. As I posted before his cd4 is 99 and vl 6000000. Not good numbers at all. He was diagnosed june 24th and it seems like since then it has taken for ever for histreatment to start. he keeps going to osu medical center and we thought he would begin treatment weds but they said they use the mayo clinic and one set of labs werent back. they did start him on one pill for now they said was to lower vl. He had also visited his primary who is aware of his diagnosis and my cousin had cough and tight chest, he did resp test and he said there seemed be and obstruction so he ordered chest xray. that came back today and they are showing a mass on his lung. he has never been a smoker. so tomorrow he is going for further xrays. We are scared to death. It just seems like every week there is something new happening and I am so scared to lose him, I also hate feeling so helpless. This is so much for a person to go through. He was also diagnosed with nueropathy in his leg. They have put him on bently for his diarea. I am so scared that this is hiv related cancer. I dont even think the word scared covers my emotions or his. I dont understand why it takes so long for treatment to start. I would think with all that is happening they would have had him on his meds already. I wonder is there so much damage from a late diagnosis that it is to late to help. God I pray not.I am learning as we are on this journey and I appreciate anyone who can give me any hope, wisdom advice PLEASE.
Thanks again,
Tami

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: cousin + just found a mass on chestxray please need info or just support

tami,i'm so sorry to hear the bad news,i have also had some health related things happening in my family besides me being positive.my brother had a mass on one of his kidneys and his wife has a mass on her bile duct leading to her pancreas. the are both in thier 40's. my brother had the mass removed with also 20% of one kidney gone. the mass came back neg and he has recovered pretty well. i hope the same is the case for your cousin and that he gets thru this with the least amount of troubles.
my sister in law had her operation and her mass came back positive and she has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, she starts chemo next week,i feel soo bad the youngest of thier kids is only 5. life is soo fragile, don't take for granted
any moment you have with your cousin, you just never know.
i will keep my fingers crossed and pray for both of you. i was told once by a research doctor that people who have beliefs and faith will do alot better then someone who doesn't. keep the faith up and hope for the best.
i wish you both the best.....

Old 08-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
(female)

MYSISSYGIRLS HB User
Re: cousin + just found a mass on chestxray please need info or support/attn smiteler

Smiteler,
I am so sorry to hear about your family members also. Especially having little ones. You are so right life is so precious an I am grateful for everyday I have with him. I am praying for the best and hoping its not Kaposis Sarcoma.
My prayers are also with you an yours. Keep us posted.
Tami

Old 08-30-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: cousin + just found a mass on chestxray please need info or support/attn smiteler

thanks tami and the same for you also,
keep us posted on how your cousin is making out.

Closed Thread