It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
(female)

Nemo87 HB User
Help, really confused and worried

Ok, I'm a 21yr old lesbian, been with my gf for nearly 3months. We do have unprotected oral sex

I'm not sure if i'm worrying over nothing or I've caught a std or hiv.

My symptoms-
Have had 2 colds with sore throats, the 1st cold last around 2weeks. The 2nd which I've got at the moment have had for about a week and feeling better. When I 1st got I kept feeling hot then cold on the 1st night. Also got headaches

My glands at the back of my throat swelled up for a couple of days and hurt when swallowed but had no sore throat. The doctor said it was a slight viral infection.

I've got a cluster of puss filled spots round my nose which are quite sore and now developed the other side. Had them for nearly 4weeks now.

My gums do bleed and are swollen, I've got gum disease which was diagnosed with before I began dating my gf

My vaginal discharge has become really heavy, it doesnt smell and isnt really itchy. Its clear and bit watery, when I look in my pants they are very wet.

I had a boil on my bikni line and when had the small viral infection a swelled up lumb grew near my **** area but it was like a boil as it pussed. I do shave down there and have sensitive dry skin.

My Gf symptoms:

My gf has frequent headaches. Her periods are really painful. And has had boil like things on her groin in the past. Also when she had her cervical smear test a couple of years ago, it came back saying it was abnormal had retests and was in the clear

Basically, could she have hiv and passed it onto me. Are my symptoms related to hiv or could I have another std infection or am I worrying over nothing? I'm still waiting for the results of my smear test which have had recently. I was tested for Chlamydia and that came back clean. Really confused.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Help, really confused and worried

you most likely are overworring things about hiv..
you cannot diagnose hiv thru any symptoms you have.
the symptoms from hiv vary alot from person to person
so there is no way to pinpoint what symptoms you have,
to tell you if you have hiv or not.
the only way to know your hiv status for sure, is by testing only.
getting hiv thru oral sex is not common,but it can happen..
mostly to people who have many other health complications going on.
hiv isn't as easy as you think to get..
the best thing you can do if you have any fears and/or doubts is to go get tested
and have your partner tested also that way you will know for sure whats going on.
chasing symptoms around on the internet will do nothing good for you as it
will prove nothing and leave you with plenty of doubt.
good luck

Closed Thread