It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
(male)

vandilay HB User
1 year symptons

What would the symptons be 1 year after infection?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
(male)

PC1996 HB User
Re: 1 year symptons

Cronic sinus infections...that is all!!!!!! Unless someone had the "super-virus."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
(male)

vandilay HB User

What about dry old looking skin, red spots scalp sores stiff neck loose stool for 8 months eye floater. Very scared hoping it could be STD

Old 04-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
(male)

PC1996 HB User

As I said, there are hardly no symptons unless a super-virus is involved. Get tested!!! If you get diagnosed early enough the meds. will keep your Tcell count high and you live a normal life until you reach old age. The longer you wait, the more your immune system is attacked. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
(male)

PC1996 HB User

Are you diagnosed already? If this is the case, what is your T-cell count? You could be having a reaction to meds. too. If poz, are you being monitored by a doctor?

Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
(male)

vandilay HB User

Just got tested. I was tested for HIV and Syphilis. I really want to know if at 1 year you would be able to see your skin age. My skin seems to have aged a lot in 12 months. I also have scalp sores. Would this happen after 1 year with HIV or would it be more likely to be syphilis. I will know soon enough when the results come in

Old 04-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
(male)

vandilay HB User

I have just been tested for syphilis and HIV.I should know the results with in a week. I am very scared. It has been 1 year since any possible exposure risks and I have some symtons that I would like to know if they could be HIV or Syphilis. I am praying for syphils. I have had soft stools for 8 months, skin changes. My skin seems to have aged a lot in 1 year. I have red spots on my skin in some places. I have sores on my scalp. I realise some of these things could be stress related as I have been worrying about this 24/7 for months. I am worried about my wife. She has a runny nose and cough for 6 months. It does not seem to matter where I look or what I read I can not get 1 single answer as to what would be my symptoms after 1 year and wether or not my symptons would be HIV or Syphilis

Old 04-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
(male)

vandilay HB User

Still waiting for results. Should know soon. Just wondering what symptoms a person would see after 1 year

Old 04-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #9
(male)

vandilay HB User

. If at 1 year it is normal to have no symptoms and both me and my wife are having sores on scalp. I have a stiff neck for 4 months. She has runny nose and cough for six months. Both of us have had very obvious skin changes. Our skin seems to have aged 10 years in the last 12 months. My question is if it is normal to have no symtoms at 1 year and we both have these symptoms then is it reasonable to assume we have something other than HIV causing this? I just can not seem to find any info on what would accually noticablly change on a person if they had been infected for 1 year.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #10
(male)

vandilay HB User

I still have not got my results. I should know tomorrow. I am very worried and expecting to worst. I am wondering about swollen lymphnodes. I have one under my ear and one on each side of chest that are swollen. Would that be a symptom at one year

Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #11
(male)

oneofsix HB User

Hope everything works out for the best for you and your wife. Seems odd that it is nearly 2 weeks and you still have no results. Most free clinics now get resulys in about 1 week (rarely 2 weeks). If you went to your primary care doctor, they should have the results in a few days.

Your primary lymph nodes (especially those associated with HIV are in the arm pits, neck, and groin). Syphillis has sores that feel like a button and also have a rash associated with it too (but usually on areas other then the head).

I would follow up with them immediately. You will continue to suffer from the anxiety of not knowing until you get those results. Glad you finally went and got tested. Good luck, please let us know.

Last edited by oneofsix; 04-21-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #12
(male)

vandilay HB User

Well I go to the doctor tomorrow. They had my test results sitting there. They did not call me. I called them. I am in Canada so I do not know the procedure. Does anyone know if the results where bad would they have contacted me immediatly?

Old 04-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #13
(male)

oneofsix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandilay View Post
Well I go to the doctor tomorrow. They had my test results sitting there. They did not call me. I called them. I am in Canada so I do not know the procedure. Does anyone know if the results where bad would they have contacted me immediatly?
At a health clinic in the US they would NOT wait to contact you if you tested positive for HIV. If the resutls were positive, they would make a call in hopes to notify you so that you do not spread to others. Hope that means it is good news for you in Canada. All the best!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #14
(male)

vandilay HB User

I tested negitive which is a great releif. My only consern now is does the test I took detect hiv2 as I was in Africa where this is the most common type

Old 04-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #15
(male)

oneofsix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandilay View Post
I tested negitive which is a great releif. My only consern now is does the test I took detect hiv2 as I was in Africa where this is the most common type
Congratulations on the negative test result. Sorry, I cannot help you with respect to detecting HIV2. Please check with your doctor or the clinic that you got the results. Good luck!

Closed Thread