It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2009, 03:54 AM   #1
(male)

speedtouch HB User
Very worried about symptoms

Hi all, Im 23 and here is my stupid story of my first sexual contact with a old girl while i was drunk...
The event took place late Saturday 4/18 early Sunday 4/19. I met a woman in a disco. We ended up engaging in unprotected oral sex, kiss and handjobs. Room was very dark and I dont know if she (for example) has menstruation or not. I think cunnilingus was superficial but i am not sure, but felations was long and I ejaculate

I started to feel 'flu-like' symptoms coming on by Tuesday (two-half days later). Fever started on Tuesday and by Wednesday I had swollen lymph node on my neck and a high-sore throat. I had night sweats Wednesday night. I went to the doctor thinking it was bacterial and I was prescribled Azithromycin(z-pack)which I took the same day, but this day appears in my knee a rash that go away in 1 hour. By Friday I was feeling better, though my sore throat was still persistent and I took penicillin(amoxiciline) as my own decision. By Saturday, I was much better and was feeling great, but during 15 or 20 days more Im felt moderately tired and rash appeared in my arms and knees (always goes away in 1 or 2 hours and appears next day in the same area). I had a very minor sorethroat (almost comes at early day and goes). I had diarrhea for two days but wasnt very heavy

Knowing all this information and symptoms can you assess my risk? Can these symptoms be ARS? Do you recommend I get an HIV test?
When I went to see the doctor, he felt my right lymp node swollen (neck) and said me if it hurts me. I answer that not. I see in Internet, Ars produces multiple lymp nodes swollen. When I had this information i checked myself and I felt lymph nodes in both sides of the neck, both sides of the armpits and both sides of the groin ( Never before i check my nodes) This indicate that they are all swollen or normally a person can fell lymph nodes without it means that they are swollen? Rash appears intermittently until today. Furthermore, i have a ulcer inside my nose that is painful, and is here sice 30 days ago... Now I feel all my lymph nodes, armpit, groins... They are like peas i think
My family doctor say me that i had only a tonsilitis, and that risk i was exposed was minimal but symptoms were here... Thanks for your time

Its the rash that I describe the typical rash? I had very times flu but never had a rash..
Your response is greatly appreciated as I wait in agony. I'm hoping you response will put this matter to rest.

And sorry, Im from Italy and my english is not very good...Thanks for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
(female)

RockofLove HB User
Re: Very worried about symptoms

hey, symptoms of HIV don't show up that quickly. it usually takes about a month to get into your body. I think your over worrying yourself w/ all this stress. If the DR said its tonsilidis, then it probably is. if you want to know then get an HIV test. (i know its scarry hun) but get the rapid 20 min test so you don't have to wait and wait and drive yourslef crazy for 3 weeks. God bless you and I know you will be OK.

Closed Thread