It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010, 02:41 AM   #1
(male)

jrg11 HB User
Oral sex and Chapped lips

Hi everyone.. so here is my question, I've tried to find an answer everywhere buthavent been successful. I'm terrified of getting tested and dont know what to do..

I had unprotected oral sex with a complete stranger and I did not even ask for his HIV status. Although I've read that oral sex is not as high risk as intercourse anal or vaginal sex, the reason why I am freaking out is because he ejaculated in my mouth and on my lips. My lips had been very dry and chapped that day and I remember that at some point earlier that day I had some minor cuts and bleeding, typical from when you get chapped lips and forget to put on some sort of lip balm to heal them..

In case this guy was HIV+ could the virus be transmitted into my system thru this minor cuts on my lips? I was always aware that oral sex is not safe when you have ulcers or bleeding gums in your mouth and I always keep a very healthy mouth so that is no problem. Only thing that is freaking me out are my lips.. Ever since that happened (1 month ago) I've had 3 nights with night sweats, which rarely ever happened to me before and I am freaking out and cant seem to get tested because I am terrified it will come out positive!

Any thoughts, or research that you could send me so to calm me a little and get me to the nearest clinic to finaly get tested?

Thanks so much..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: Oral sex and Chapped lips

Oral sex is not an established route of infection. In the history of the HIV epidemic, there has not been one confirmed case of HIV transmission this way. You will not be the first.

If there is severely poor oral hygiene (meth mouth), recent dental surgery, or other conditions where there are large open, bleeding wounds in the receptive partner's mouth, then there is a theoretical risk. But you don't even remotely fall into that category- it doesn't matter what the conditions of your lips were in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread