It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
(female)

freebitchX HB User
so worried, please help!?! :(:(:(

I am 18 and have 7 sexual partners, 3 of these partners have been unprotected. I am so worried that I have caught HIV. I dont have any significant symptoms, however I feel constantly tired all the time and experience mild headaches. Also I have a swollen gland only on one side of my neck (not anywhere else e.g armpits or groin). It is not tender like the way it would be if i had a cold or flu, its just very hard. It causes pain up the back of my neck into my head and ear but someone said this could be the cause of a sinus problem as my nostril is always blocked on my left side. Could this be caused by taking cocaine(not reguarly)? Recently I have noticed tiny, purple spots (about 3) under the skin on my upper thigh they are painless and not raised. It looks as though something has pinched my skin but they are unexplained. I have never seen them anywhere else except the top of my thighs. I haven't had any other symptoms such as weight loss, nausea, diorreah, fever or sweats etc. I am soooo worried about this i think about it every day in life, even dream about it. I should get tested but i am so scared of the result can someone give me ANY helpful advice please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
(female)

youngNdepressed HB User
Re: so worried, please help!?! :(:(:(

I can relate to you. I am 20yrs old and going thru this alone. so I know how you feel. hope we can find some answers and I already took the test, but I have to retake it. I am sure everyone will tell you that u just have to work the courage to take the test. as hard as it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

You two should read all the stories from previous poster's about how afraid they were and how many symptoms they had. Nobody here can diagnose you by your symptoms. And if you have had unprotected sex, then you are at risk. However, your risk is about 1 in 1000. Now your saying, but somebody has to win the lotery, right? But that doesn't mean its you. Get the test, chances are your fine. And if you did test positive, then you still get to live the rest of your life, you will just have to take some pills every day. It is completely manageable now and some people even describe it as nothing more then a pesky chronic illness. But by no means is it a death sentance. And that's only saying IF you have it. And that's a big if! It's not nearly as easy to contract as you think. Soooooo, good luck to you, and get tested.
Melissa

Old 03-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
(female)

youngNdepressed HB User

Thank you Mel, for the support. Its so scary getting tested..wish we could just go in and do it already. I did it first time around and need to do it a second time just to finally try and live my life, and make plans. But it is difficult. As for freeB. I was exactly where you are (still am) but the first test is what honestly helps me sleep through the night. or else I wouldve drove myself bananas...and more then I am now I dont want to imagine. Like Mel says its hard to catch the virus, but atleast getting tested once will give you peac

Mel, thanks for sticking on this board. did you also have an experience like us or a testimonial in which to encourage us to get tested...in my case further tested.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

I had a boyfriend who I was very serious about. I thought he was very serious about me. We did all sorts of unprotected things together. So much so that I am currently pregnant. I can stress enough, I loved this man very much. Well, long story short, I realized that he had MANY other girlfriends, and had the entire time we were together. Basically, everytime he left the house, including the half an hour early to get to work, was to meet up with other women. I also found out that this had been the pattern his entire life. That he had many women, probably in the hundres, throughout his life. My guess is if he was unprotected with me, he was unprotected with most of them too. He just doesn't seem to have a care in the world. Well, i didnt find any of this out until after I found out I was pregnant. I told him, and he told me to "get rid of it". I said no, and he moved out. This is when people started telling me the stories. Scared me to death to think of what I could have contracted. I was sure I had something and sure I would probably die from it. And what of my baby? Terrified, couldnt eat, couldnt sleep. It was aweful. Not to mention the things I started to dig up on the internet. So, i came here, and posted a question, and got some advice that I really didnt want to hear. I was told that nobody could diagnose me, and that even if I did have it, I would be just fine. I really wanted somebody to tell me I would be ok. But what they did do, was put this little voice in the back of my head that said, I have to know the answere, so I can be the best I can be, sick or not. But before I could take the test, I had to be ok with the results. So I quit smoking, went to my prenatal visit, started doing all the things i did before like shopping, visiting, playing with my kids, and then I was ready for the test. I had to first prove to myself that I was ok no matter what, before I could handle the possible, "no matter what". And my results were neg for everything. Hep b, hep c, herpes, hpv, chlamydia, syphilis, ghonorea, as well as hiv. I almost couldnt believe it. I was very happy, but also, i knew this was a HUGE wakeup call. No more falling in love with the first guy who smiled at me. Time to protect myself, and my growing family. It's important to protect yourself and live well, not just for myself, but for those who depend on me and love me as well. And that's my story. And I assure you, the next time I am with a man, he will be my husband, or close to it. The scare just isnt worth it to me. Not to mention that condoms only protect against certain things. But others like herpes, genital warts, or muluscum can still transmit because they are not just limited to the penis or the vagina and are transmitted through skin contact as they are infections in the skin. I would rather just be healthy and not risk it. I have many other things to do with my day then to concern myself, needlessly, with these other things. Sooooooooo, I hope that helped you.
Melissa

Old 03-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
(female)

youngNdepressed HB User

Thanks so much for sharing. Its so unfortunate that someone can do that to any woman. But its really helps to know that you came out on the end just fine. I know how difficult it is to just get tested. I the beginning when I went I had very little symptoms now months later I have more. What kinda symptoms did you have, and what finally gave you the strength to just go and get tested? Thank you again so much for sharing your personal story. Hope you and you kids are always blessed!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

you need to move this discussion to your own board so we dont hijack this thread.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebitchX View Post
I am 18 and have 7 sexual partners, 3 of these partners have been unprotected. I am so worried that I have caught HIV. I dont have any significant symptoms, however I feel constantly tired all the time and experience mild headaches. Also I have a swollen gland only on one side of my neck (not anywhere else e.g armpits or groin). It is not tender like the way it would be if i had a cold or flu, its just very hard. It causes pain up the back of my neck into my head and ear but someone said this could be the cause of a sinus problem as my nostril is always blocked on my left side. Could this be caused by taking cocaine(not reguarly)? Recently I have noticed tiny, purple spots (about 3) under the skin on my upper thigh they are painless and not raised. It looks as though something has pinched my skin but they are unexplained. I have never seen them anywhere else except the top of my thighs. I haven't had any other symptoms such as weight loss, nausea, diorreah, fever or sweats etc. I am soooo worried about this i think about it every day in life, even dream about it. I should get tested but i am so scared of the result can someone give me ANY helpful advice please.
Hi there,

I would like to give you some advice. PLEASE do not go down the same road I went down, I tried to live with the uncertainty for 18 months. I would honestly advise you to put aside your fears and get yourself checked out. You clearly are concerned and anxious over this. Based on my own personnel experiences, I assure you the anxiety and stress does not go away. If you are uncertain about your HIV status you need to know for your own wellbeing. If you test negative, you can move on and put this all behind you. If and this huge if, you test positive you need to being getting the correct treatment and counseling. There is nothing to fear about being tested and I would urge you to do so. Please, I am not in any way implying you are at high risk I am simply advising you to do so to get rid of the uncertainty.

Take care, regards Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 03-23-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: typo

Closed Thread