It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 07:31 AM   #1
(male)

khankhankhan HB User
High fever/diarrhea/muscle ,joint pain...my life?

Hello guys plz help me.

1.oral sex 5 times unprotected...i received only.
2.Boob suck+few drops milk
after almost 6 -7 days i got sore throat ,muscle pain...moving around the whole body.
after 14 days..i got diarrhea.........extensive diarrhea......with high fever ,extremely sore throat...and cant move well my neck and shoulder some time...feel very heavy and muscle pain....feeling very week.cant walk now almost.
student,living alone , away from my home country..
easter holidays.....cant seek medical help...
afraid and worried to death.
am convinced that i have HIV now........
my life..? my family at home...?
it seems the end of everything...
dont have courage to go for treatment and blood test.
why do people play with lives,,,,,,,,,,,?

Old 04-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: High fever/diarrhea/muscle ,joint pain...my life?

You have allready been told that you were not at risk for hiv. My guess is you just have a nasty virus. If your really are so sick that you have extreme diarrhea, you may be dehydrated which can cause weakness. My guess is you have a really bad flu from the list of symptoms you have described. I'd be more worried about the long term affect of dehydration and fever if I were you then I would be of hiv. And if you are really so weak that you cant walk, you need to go to a doc right now. As far as the rest of it goes, stop searching for reasons to confirm that you have hiv when you dont. My guess is you are fine.
Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by khankhankhan View Post
dont have courage to go for treatment and blood test.
Stop relating your symptoms to HIV and see a doctor as mel told you to. If you are that sick you will be seen, even if you are in a foreign country.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:20 AM   #4
(male)

khankhankhan HB User
Talking Re: High fever/diarrhea/muscle ,joint pain...my life?

Thanks a lot...Melissa and Joggen.

1-
yesterday , I called the online help those arrange free test (rapid test-15minutes) and consultation etc.The guy at the helpline told me that he has 20yrs experience and he is pretty sure that I am ok.He said ,if i test +,then he will put my name in book of world records..the guinness book.He said it is up to me to take the test.2ndly.there are very few hiv+ people here in Finland.

2-
I called the woman , and she swear that she do not has HIV.She has 2 kids and she has broken her marriage just few months before.

3-
Today i went to hospital.I just told my symptoms...those i am suffering since last 2 weeks.Dr took the rapid blood test and I was freeze on the chair like a statue.After few minutes in the lab.Dr told me the blood test is normal.
I do not know what do they check?
do you have an idea?

do they check all the possible viruses? since it has been 2 weeks that i am having the fever,pain in body, sore throat and diarrhea .so i think if there was HIV,it should have been shown in the blood.

4-
The Dr has also taken my throat sample.......saliva sample by swapping......and she said that the result will be ready tomorrow....and they gona check some throat related things.......
i am bit relieved.................
The rapid blood test taken today is after 18 days of possible oral exposure and after 2 weeks of possible symptoms.
dr said there is nothig in blood and it seems to be normal flu...........and it will go away after few days.
what should I do next?
should I take a special HIV test? or the rapid test taken by dr includes every thing...........In Finland they have rapid HIV test.15 minutes...........So i suppose they check everything in the blood..........
Regards

Old 04-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by khankhankhan View Post
I do not know what do they check?
do you have an idea?....
That's a good question for your doctor.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:22 AM   #6
(male)

khankhankhan HB User

HIV ...after 2 weeks it was negative............i talked to the woman and she told me that she had unprotected sex in January 2010.....................
I am going to die.......i think.as My symptoms timing and symptoms itself are almost clearly HIV......may be I am the unluckiest who got it by oral sex..............
right now, my throat is hurting, last night i wake up and i was wet in sweat.......diarrhea is back again...........weakness......my left shoulder is hurting..........
pain in muscles is coming and going..............
i asked the woman for the test and she is going for test tomorrow.......i am praying..........
plz guys pray for me............
i hope she gona test negative........................but my heart is beating............may be something bad is inevitable.........................i wish...............not to be...........

Old 04-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User

Its very very unlikely to get HIV from oral sex which im sure these guys and gals have told you. The girl you were with would likely need cuts in her mouth among other factors.
I hate to ask but was the girl you were with a prostitute in an asian country? Keep in mind even from sex a guy catching HIV from an HIV positive women is about 1:100 although their are factors .. I bet this is assuming you just have sex once for 10 minutes or whatever the norm is. If you're doing it longer or multiple times I bet ur odds go way up.

From what I undertstood most symptoms appear 2-4 weeks afterwards although you can get a few symptoms within the first few days.

Including Fever, diarrhea , headache, swollen lymph nodes, Maliase or a feeling of discomfort.

Goodluck buddy hopefully it's just a bad virus. Did you have any Swollen lymph node irritation in your neck or discomfort feelings? Although when your that sick im sure its hard to decipher feelings of discomfort when you have all kinds of other symptoms on top of the worrying your minds going through.

Last edited by missingyou; 04-15-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

If the symptoms don't pass, consider getting tested for hepatitis. It's also a sexually transmitted disease, and it does cause high fever, joint pain, diarrhea, and most of the other symptoms you listed. It's also extremely serious and some strains can lead to liver cancer.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:19 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

The OP did not have a risk for HIV or hepatitis from the exposure that he described.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

You can get hep in different ways, not just from sex. People don't always wash their hands when they use the bathroom. If you come into contact with something they touch, you can get it. Exposure to their blood, etc. All I'm saying is if he doesn't get better, he might consider getting tested. It's most likely he's got the flu tho.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #11
(male)

khankhankhan HB User

thanks all of u guys.........
I am from ScandinaviŽ Area .
I am just worried bcz of symptoms................strange and new to me.
When I feel pain in my arms, neck and throat ....it comes with diarrhea and high fever for 1,2 days and then it is fine for few days.............i have experienced this 3 times now.
Today I went to hospital again ...this was second time........the nurse their does not understand English well............she took the blood from my finger........and checked it........I asked what did u check........she said I checked ..for the infection.........God knows whats is she doing with that rapid blood sample............any idea?
I asked her about HIV and Hepatitis but she was not able to follow me.........
Now ,I have appointment with dr on monday........and will ak Dr to do something.
Meanwhile...........the woman told me that her test is HIV-........but I donnt believe her anymore................she has broken her almost 16 years marriage and now she is almost looking for anyone...................
I am just scared about the monday outcome...........................

Old 04-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Khan-

You probably have a case of the flu and nerves.

It's very, very unlikely you caught HIV from the woman.

Relax, take deep breaths, and wait for the test results. Then come back and tell us all when you know you're fine. It's going to be okay.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #13
Inactive
(male)

flguy300 HB User

Why do you ask him if girl was from asain country? Would that make a difference in testing? I was with asain girl(Csw here in the US). Should I not believe my six month test? I continue to have symptoms. Could my tests be invalid?

Old 04-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy300 View Post
Why do you ask him if girl was from asain country? Would that make a difference in testing? I was with asain girl(Csw here in the US). Should I not believe my six month test? I continue to have symptoms. Could my tests be invalid?
because in some asian countries specificially thailand their are prostitutes with very high rates of HIV, making the prostitute he was with higher a much greater chance of being infected.

Your safe with your 6 month post exposure test.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:52 AM   #15
(male)

khankhankhan HB User

Got fever..............very high fever again last night.........almost persistent............
beside having very very low risk situation...........there is something seriously wrong......
muscle pain + fever..............attacking again and again.........
timing and symptoms=...................GOD has decided something better for me.........I hope.

Closed Thread