It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User
Really worried

Ok I've been overly worried in the past but now I'm a bit extra concerned.

I hooked up with a girl saturday night I put on a condom she asked if it was okay to take it off I stupidly agreed.

I Met up with another girl on sunday, the condom broke and then I was idiot afterwards and didn't use one. I was with each girl 2-3 times..

SKip to monday I get a coldsore, I know I get them when my immune system is weakened, and I have a weak immune system to begin with IGG deficieny and low on other immunoglobulins.

tuesday nothing noticeable as well. Then yesterday I wake up and feel a bit off... My neck is irritating me I can feel the blood pumping into my neck/lymph node area in my neck. I was also feeling this weird discomfort on top of a bit extra fatigue. The discomfort is hard to describe, it lasted pretty much the whole day but was a bit on and off in severity. I was quite hungry from my weights I go upstairs cook chicken sit up have a bite I feel so awful I have to stop eating even though im hungry and just lie down. I went in the bathroom and my neck just felt really awful on top of the other discomfort I was feeling.

I felt a bit hotter then I normally do as well, to the point I had to splash cold water all over my body before I worked out... but it was pretty hot in my house at that time so who knows... I also noticed a couple red bumps around my belly button again red bumps come up for so many reasons I know alone thats nothing to be concerned with b ut when u factor everything in...

I know no one will ever diagnose with symptoms but still it is a decent indicator. I know peoples symptoms are subjective its how one interuprets them.. Some doctors even think people worry themselves so severly they get imaginey symptoms. Thats what my doctor suggested to me when I had severe issues including ones that resembled chronic fatigue syndrome... That doctor was an idiot I had severe adrenal fatigue on top of other health issues. He didnt even fix my severe skin problem only the ENT gave me proper antibiotics to fix it...

Just because he got his med degree 20 years ago and has learned nothing since except one conference a year where he skis or plays golf the whole time. Its no exuse for him to not know current info about CFS... Sorry a bit of an off topic rant.

Anyways does this sound like any symptoms someone has had when they did indeed test positive? I know I'll get the regular get tested response because yes that is truely the only way to know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Re: Really worried

I know this is the HIV forum but could this possibly be another STD/STI?

I'm really hoping its something else..
I dont think a common cold or sickness would give me these symptoms. While yes those symptoms lead to many different possibilites the timing of it all is quite suspicious.

Sadly I must say my symptoms fit HIV.. Theirs stuff like herpes or syphillis that give swollen nodes as well but one takes long to appear and both give genital symptoms as well which I don't really have...

Some of my semen looked a bit foamy the other day so I guess it could be something like chalmydia.. but then again im not sure if some of those symptoms add up IE I dont think you get a swollen lymph nodes and it usually takes 1=3 weeks to get symptoms..

reading an ehow atricle about the early signs and symptoms of HIV really made sense and I can relate to some of the symptoms..

Last edited by missingyou; 04-15-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Everybody who comes on here with zero to minuscule risk exposures thinks they have "HIV symptoms" and almost every one of those people end up testing negative...and their "symptoms" magically disappear.

You don't have "HIV symptoms". "Feeling a bit off" is not an HIV symptom, nor is anything else that you describe, and symptoms are not diagnostic of HIV.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:01 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
Everybody who comes on here with zero to minuscule risk exposures thinks they have "HIV symptoms" and almost every one of those people end up testing negative...and their "symptoms" magically disappear.

You don't have "HIV symptoms". "Feeling a bit off" is not an HIV symptom, nor is anything else that you describe, and symptoms are not diagnostic of HIV.

I know their not a diagnostic tool, but at the same time their your bodys way of telling you somethings wrong.

It's not just me "feeling a bit off" Even the discomfort at times was more then just that and add in the other things. I was last tested a few months ago with my test coming up Negative(I hadnt been with anyone for 3 months until this weekend), so if I end up testing postiive in the future. in all likelyhood my HIV exposure would have had to have been this past weekend.Hypothetically speaking Knowing all that, you could pretty much prove those were the symptoms of my initial infection/contact... But I hope its something else maybe hepatitis...

I also noticed a bit of blood on my sheets maybe ill go check before bed again here but that would increase my chances if she was just starting or finishing menstrating..

I admit im not a High risk person per say IE the girls werent known prostitutes, or in a HIGH risk HIV country and im not gay or bisexual. My family doc actually said he has only had two people test positive and they were gay males with my luck id be his first straight male patient whos HIV postiive.

WIth that said I have been worried about HIV before some may say paranoid but like the boy who crys wolf just because you suspected something in the past once or even twice when you really didnt know better doesn't mean your. I've had bad luck with health problems and I did have pretty severe symptoms going through some suffering I knew something was wrong and doctors werent any help for months so my mind went wandered thinking of all the possibilities, this isnt the case now.

Keep in mind these arent regular girls I had to wine and dine they are girls off the net who come over to have sex no questions.

I noticed my stomach has been a bit more upset and I have a bit of diarrhea..My muscles are achey too as I was writing this my upper/back trap area aches .. Even my biceps feel a bit sore when I havent done them for 5+ days.

You say "feeling off" isn't a symptom but Malaise is a symptom of HIV within the first few days. Malaise also means a general feeling of discomfort or feeling unwell. Also swollen and irritated neck lymph nodes are also a sign of early infection within the first few days. So how is anything else I said not a sign of HIV.. I know their are tons of overly worried people about nothing on here but don't dismiss me without knowing the facts and listening to what I have to say. I've also experienced Muscles aches.. a bit of diarrhea. In my first post when I said I was hot on wednesday and needed to spash water its possibly a very minor fever you can't say you know for sure I didnt have one.... I also have another cold sore thats two in less than a week, a sign of a weakened immune system, I know that's not a specific symptom of early HIV but you have to use common sense if the virus just enters your body it takes 2-3 days for the levels to get really high and this takes its toll on your immune system. actually chronic Cold sores as well as canker sores are a sign of HIV but usually a bit more progressed. Their also a sign of a weak immune system the two go hand in hand...

So I'm not sure where you get off an saying that A feeling of malaise or discomfort isn't associated to HIV at all UNless your saying you don't believe my judgement on the symptoms I experienced because thats another topic alltogether.

Pyscholgists make one assesment on a person and then their mind is made up wether its right of wrong bascially they don't want to change their stance because thats almost admitting their initial assesment was wrong. Meaning their judgement is off....

Last edited by missingyou; 04-16-2010 at 07:25 AM.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You seem to have misinterpreted the tone of my post. I am not mocking you I am trying to help you. The perspective I am writing from is that I have been on Internet HIV forums for three years now, and I see common patterns. What I see is that when people have a sexual encounter that they regret in retrospect, two things happen: 1. they tend to be more aware of things about their body that they normally wouldn't be 2. they experience anxiety symptoms. I'm not saying that explains everything that is going on with you, but when you say things like "I noticed a couple of red bumps" it suggests that you are examining your body for "signs" that you are infected.

The other trend that I notice is that people surf the Internet for HIV symptoms, and you have clearly done that. HIV has NO SPECIFIC SYMPTOMS. The symptoms that HIV produces are also produced by hundreds of garden variety viruses and other causes. There are hundreds of common, community-acquired viruses that can produce malaise as a symptom that are hundreds to thousands of times more common than HIV. And anxiety can also produce malaise. I obviously don't know what is going on with you- all I am saying is that those are much, much, more likely causes to what you are experiencing than HIV.

My point about your symptoms not being consistent with HIV is that you don't describe high fever, severe sore throat, and body rash. When people who get infected do experience symptoms (and many people don't by the way), the vast majority of those who experience ARS have those three symptoms. You would KNOW if you had a fever of 101+ degress F- you wouldn't be feeling a "bit hotter". And again, all of those symptoms are produced by other viruses- all that they really mean for a person is that their body is fighting a virus. That is why symptoms are never diagnostic of HIV.

Again, I am just trying to give you the facts and put things in perspective. I understand how easy it is to get the impression from the Internet that something that is going on with your body indicates an HIV infection, especially after a recent exposure. I have been there. But the reality of the situation is, for someone having an unprotected exposure from a female in N. America who is not an IV drug user of commercial sex worker, the chance of contracting HIV is extremely low. You are far more likely to get hit by lightning as you are reading this.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
But the reality of the situation is, for someone having an unprotected exposure from a female in N. America who is not an IV drug user of commercial sex worker, the chance of contracting HIV is extremely low. You are far more likely to get hit by lightning as you are reading this.
it does happen damhik

to back up what joggen just told you
i experianced a very high fever, severe sore throat, and body rash
and much more when i got infected.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

It can happen don't get me wrong. But when you factor everything in- unknown status partner, single exposure, and low frequency of transmission, it is pretty unlikely.

Best thing is to stop researching HIV on the internet and test at the appropriate time. 6 weeks or later is a good indication; 3 months is conclusive.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:25 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
You seem to have misinterpreted the tone of my post. I am not mocking you I am trying to help you. The perspective I am writing from is that I have been on Internet HIV forums for three years now, and I see common patterns. What I see is that when people have a sexual encounter that they regret in retrospect, two things happen: 1. they tend to be more aware of things about their body that they normally wouldn't be 2. they experience anxiety symptoms. I'm not saying that explains everything that is going on with you, but when you say things like "I noticed a couple of red bumps" it suggests that you are examining your body for "signs" that you are infected.

The other trend that I notice is that people surf the Internet for HIV symptoms, and you have clearly done that. HIV has NO SPECIFIC SYMPTOMS. The symptoms that HIV produces are also produced by hundreds of garden variety viruses and other causes. There are hundreds of common, community-acquired viruses that can produce malaise as a symptom that are hundreds to thousands of times more common than HIV. And anxiety can also produce malaise. I obviously don't know what is going on with you- all I am saying is that those are much, much, more likely causes to what you are experiencing than HIV.

My point about your symptoms not being consistent with HIV is that you don't describe high fever, severe sore throat, and body rash. When people who get infected do experience symptoms (and many people don't by the way), the vast majority of those who experience ARS have those three symptoms. You would KNOW if you had a fever of 101+ degress F- you wouldn't be feeling a "bit hotter". And again, all of those symptoms are produced by other viruses- all that they really mean for a person is that their body is fighting a virus. That is why symptoms are never diagnostic of HIV.

Again, I am just trying to give you the facts and put things in perspective. I understand how easy it is to get the impression from the Internet that something that is going on with your body indicates an HIV infection, especially after a recent exposure. I have been there. But the reality of the situation is, for someone having an unprotected exposure from a female in N. America who is not an IV drug user of commercial sex worker, the chance of contracting HIV is extremely low. You are far more likely to get hit by lightning as you are reading this.

I've had at least some anxiety for alot of my life and trust me this feeling of malaise(discomfort) was far from something anxiety related. Something that is sort of strange too is that I smoke weed maybe this topic isnt allowed here but when I smoke I feel more fairly noticebly more fatigued then in the past again if ur bodys fighting something thats normal but I also feel more discomfort I know it sounds strange.

About the little red bumps like i said earlier I will admit alone those arent a indicator of anything but the thing is I wasnt looking all over my body for them without reason. I only took a closer look after having some other symptoms which gave me cause for concern. just because I looked for the red bumps doesn't mean my other symptoms were searched for they clearly appeared on their own, leading me to look for other signs.

IF you aren't feeling well and you're unsure of whats going on with your body you're going to look for other signs its only natural, its what the doctor does. Well yes this could possibly stem from symptom searching or anxiety symptoms in my case I know this isn't true.

You mention the sex workers while yes this can be an issue girls that are non sex workers can be worse(obivously not in places like Thailand where prostitute HIV rates are extremely high). A fair amount of prostitues are quite strict about condoms unless their drug addicts and still they require the men to pay. A girl who doesn't require $$ now has a bigger pool of guys and again they may not be as strict about the guy wearing a condom. Even then some sex workers are tested every 3 months while non sex workers go longer without knowing their status, or even care to know their patners status.

I know I caught some type of bug, infection or virus, it's just determining which one, if that even needs to be determined. I will admit statistically speaking the odds are in my favor its not HIV although you can never be too sure you just need to make one or two bad choices and have some really bad luck and there you go you're HIV positive. Someone has to be unlucky it's just the mathematics of life.

have also noticed my appetite has gone down a bit again their are so many possible causes, this alone isn't too useful and its subjective but at the same time you can't descredit things you notice, especially combined with the other symptoms I've experienced.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:30 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
it does happen damhik

to back up what joggen just told you
i experianced a very high fever, severe sore throat, and body rash
and much more when i got infected.
I think I remember your story smiteler you were only with your X GF one time unprotected and you got really bad meningitis that almost killed you and HIV at the same time. Of your symptoms do you know which can be attributed to HIV and which to meningitits?

Did you get really sick right away from the meningitis/HIV if not did you notice anything within the first week of exposure if not within the first week how long did it take for you to get symptoms?

I know HIV effects everyone differently in their symptoms, severity, and time before they notice symptoms.

We did have sex a few times that night so im not sure if that still counts as a single exposure and yes their is drops of blood on my bed so its in all likelyhood from the girl I was with on sunday.

Last edited by missingyou; 04-17-2010 at 03:42 AM.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:50 AM   #10
(male)

pozman67 HB User

Thank you Joggen, I as I had posted in another thread, have been HIV positive for over 20 years, and am diagnosed "Full Blown Aids" for 10+ of those 20 years have yet to have " symptoms. As I have told so many people over my 20 years of dealing with HIV/AIDS, is first if your sexually active please read up on STD's and how to prevent them, and what to do if you think you have one. And second, when in doubt go get tested. But first educate yourself, you don't want to run off and get tested every time you may think you have exposed yourself, because once you educate yourself you will know the risks, and will put your mind at ease....

Concerned Human

The Following User Says Thank You to pozman67 For This Useful Post:
Lucas2018 (02-24-2012)
Old 04-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozman67 View Post
Thank you Joggen, I as I had posted in another thread, have been HIV positive for over 20 years, and am diagnosed "Full Blown Aids" for 10+ of those 20 years have yet to have " symptoms. As I have told so many people over my 20 years of dealing with HIV/AIDS, is first if your sexually active please read up on STD's and how to prevent them, and what to do if you think you have one. And second, when in doubt go get tested. But first educate yourself, you don't want to run off and get tested every time you may think you have exposed yourself, because once you educate yourself you will know the risks, and will put your mind at ease....

Concerned Human
To be honest in my opinion that seems strange you would have no symptoms even with having full blown aids for 10+ years. Don't take this the wrong way but could it be possible you've just gotten used to feeling the way a person does with HIV/AIDS. Like after so long it just became your norm don't get me wrong I believe its possible for you to have HIV/AIDS with no chronic symptoms. Symptom is a bit subjective I mean you could have lost alot of weight over that time which can be definied as a symptom itself. there are ways to combat that like anabolic steroids, weight lifting, a good diet etc... So it can be masked to some degree giving the appearance that their arent any symptoms.

Obviously when you do get sick it affects you alot more but other than nothing at all? How about your HIV meds are their sides from that?

I've read for some people get depressed from the virus itself so bad they need anti depressants others they get so fatigued they need ADHD medication. Getting prescribed anabolic steroids to combat muscle wasting as well as to build muscle. Because when you do get sick your body burns the muscle for fuel to fight so you're got extra protection with more muscle. Especially when you're at the point of Aids CD below 200 is it?

Obviously everyones body has their own differences, people bodys react different ways. I was reading people with one or two(both)defective inflammatory genes in their DNA. Thats where the HIV multiplys or reproduces.
Those with both defective genes live 25 years+ with no medication whereas a normal person needs medication to live that same 25 years.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Ahh this diarrhea is odd for me I just have a really bad feeling I know I've suspectd HIV in the past but my gut tells me this time is different hopefully I'm wrong and it's not HIV. I'm already a failure without HIV with it that would just compounds my other issues...

Old 04-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

I suggest that, rather than continuing to spend your time on HIV forums, that instead you seek a mental health professional for a personal consultation. You clearly have a history of HIV anxiety and hypochondria, and on top of that you appear to have self-esteem issues. I only suggest it out of concern for you.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

Out of the STDs that are out their HIV does come to mind when I think of ones that give you swollen irritated lymph nodes with the first week or two even as early as days... Not to mention not having other symptoms down their... as well as a feeling of malaise...

Like I said I Had pretty strong symptoms and health issues before yes it was a stretch to think of HIV some of the time as the timing of it was all off. I know a good part my HIV anxiety was unjust before but it hasnt been that strong to be honest unless I am experiencing other debilitating symptoms..

Doctors have 3 tricks... antibiotics, anti depressants and immunosuppresants. If they think someones wrong with you they randomly pick one of the three LOL.

Let's be real here having sex with girls off internet sites can be risky its not exactly like picking up a girl from church, it can be as risky as having unprotected sex with a prostitute, if not more risky.

Last edited by missingyou; 04-26-2010 at 06:43 AM.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingyou View Post
Let's be real here having sex with girls off craigslist and other internet sites can be risky its not exactly like picking up a girl from church, it can be as risky as having unprotected sex with a prostitute.
That is my point. You are repeatedly putting yourself in a position where you think you might get infected, and then you obsess about what is going on with your body afterward. It is insanity to do the same thing over and over and expect a different outcome. If you cannot change your behavior, then perhaps counseling would help with that.

Closed Thread