It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
(male)

SNAKE756 HB User
kinda freaking out any help would be great

Hey so im new to these boards and i have convinced my self i am HIV+. I know I should probablly get a test but i am gay and not out to my family. I hooked up with a guy a few years back and he promised me he was neg. I have had these sores on the sides of my groin that i believe are cysts or acne of some kind. I have always had bad skin adn have also gotten cysts under my arms many times. I looked online and it said this is one of the symptoms of HIV. i never had flu symptoms or anything like tht but now im just kinda freaking out and feeling deppressed convinced i have it. any help would be great and if u have any questions feel free to ask. thanks

Old 04-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
(female)

DesertMeow HB User
Re: kinda freaking out any help would be great

Sorry about what you're feeling; a lot of people have been through the depressed feelings and fear that you're experiencing, and often the only way to move beyond them is to get that HIV test.

We really can't comment on your symptoms, because even if you had every symptom on a list, they could easily be from something else.

Please call your doctor or call your city's HIV/AIDS Support service to ask when they do testing (it's often free but only done on certain days/times. Sometimes they have "rapid tests," so you get your results the same day. Sometimes you will have to wait 1 or 2 weeks for results. Ask them for all the details...)

If you don't have such a service in your state, contact your state's Department of Health to find out the HIV testing location closest to you.
(I am assuming you are in the U.S.A.)

You don't have to tell your family that you are going or "come out of the closet" until you are ready.

I do want to mention that if you had unprotected sex, you might want to ask to be tested for all the STDs they can test for, just in case.

I know it is difficult to figure out where to get tested and to actually go get the tests done, but it's worth the effort in the end!

BTW, you said you are prone to getting these "cysts," so it sounds like they are unrelated to an STD, but anytime you are worried, the best thing to do is get a test. Try not to worry, though, because almost everyone who comes here worrying ends up *fine* and tests negative, and their symptoms were caused by something else!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
(male)

SNAKE756 HB User

hey so i also noticed on my tongue like it looks normal but then closer back to my throat it is a little pinker and some white and looks like it has no tastebuds or something. It doesnt hurt or taste different and it feels like the rest of my tongue its like patches that look a little different. The white can be kinda scraped off and some goes away when i brush. Should i be worried about this? I keep finding more things that it says are related to HIV and im really freaking out.

Last edited by SNAKE756; 04-19-2010 at 09:02 PM.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKE756 View Post
hey so i also noticed on my tongue like it looks normal but then closer back to my throat it is a little pinker and some white and looks like it has no tastebuds or something. It doesnt hurt or taste different and it feels like the rest of my tongue its like patches that look a little different. The white can be kinda scraped off and some goes away when i brush. Should i be worried about this? I keep finding more things that it says are related to HIV and im really freaking out.
White stuff on someones tongue isn't nessicarly abornormal.

I have a bit of a Hairy leukoplakia tongue thats whats my dermatologist called it not a really gross one like some pics, mine has a bit of white stuff near the back middle part of my tongue.. in the past I`ve scrapped it off with my finernails lol or more recently used a toothbrush

Anyways my family doctor thought it was some kind of fungus and prescribed me an anti fungal wash.my dermatologist earlier told me what it was and how their really isnt anything you can do to treat it, its more just a nuisance, IE the anti fungal prescription wasn't going to help so I didnt even take it.

Hairy leukoplakia can be related to HIV but from what I understand its moreso when you`re immunity level is quite weakened. So therefore im guessing that you`d probably get it quite a few months if not years after you had been infected(assuming it even happened) Making getting a test that much more important.

. I`m not even sure what you`re describing is hairy leukoplakia it could just be a normal level of stuff on your tongue that most people get.

You can brush your tongue only do one stroke downwards dont go back and forth it can make those bud things longer on your tongue.

how long has it been since the exposure you`re worried about. Your best bet is to go get tested either through your doctor or via a walk in clinic(possibly std)

Last edited by missingyou; 04-20-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #5
(male)

SNAKE756 HB User

umm it has been like maybe 4 years. I just noticed my tongue since i have been looking things up about HIV. im kinda a hypochondriac and im really hoping i get a test thats neg. I have always had bad skin and i think the cysts and things are related too that. I used to get them on my face and stuff when i had bad skin but took medicine for that and it went away but i have always go them under my arms. I cant remember if the groin ones appeared before or after possible exposure. I think my tongue is what scares me the most even tho i heard thrush usually hurts it slightly looks like tht. Im just trying to ease my mind until i can get tested.

The following user gives a hug of support to SNAKE756:
far removed (12-15-2010)
Old 04-20-2010, 03:40 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKE756 View Post
umm it has been like maybe 4 years. I just noticed my tongue since i have been looking things up about HIV. im kinda a hypochondriac and im really hoping i get a test thats neg. I have always had bad skin and i think the cysts and things are related too that. I used to get them on my face and stuff when i had bad skin but took medicine for that and it went away but i have always go them under my arms. I cant remember if the groin ones appeared before or after possible exposure. I think my tongue is what scares me the most even tho i heard thrush usually hurts it slightly looks like tht. Im just trying to ease my mind until i can get tested.
Call your doc or go to a walk in clinic that can test you. Probably a STD clinic in your area. Theirs nothing else to it but to just do it, it will put your mind at rest. If you have it you have it avoiding getting tested wont help

from what you`ve told me it seems extremely unlikely your test will come up anything other than negative, although I have no details on your exposure that has you concerned.

The under arm cysts can be related to hormones and many other things. I`m assuming you mean the ones that get painful and burst and have pus in them. I think doctors recommend hot compresses.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
(male)

SNAKE756 HB User

yea sorry for posting so much but on my tongue only some of the white goes away and there are also some red bumps near it. none of them hurt or anything and it doesnt really look like images ive seen online. It just kinda worries me even more.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
(male)

SNAKE756 HB User

anyone have any thoughts on these symptoms to help ease my mind?

Old 04-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Your symptoms are completely meaningless. Symptoms never indicate HIV status- test results always do.

Why don't you tell us what your exposures were?

Old 04-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #10
(male)

SNAKE756 HB User

sorry kinda graphic. oral with a guy and then anal without protection. I know stupid and very high risk. It was for barely a min tho but i think he came inside me.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

The anal was indeed relatively high risk, but the odds are still on your side. You haven't been doing yourself any favors by delaying getting tested all of these years. You are either infected or you are not, getting tested doesn't influence what has already been done- it just empowers you by letting you know where you stand. Please do not delay any further and go get tested.

Closed Thread