It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
(male)

asano HB User
Worried, 6 months before I get a test

Hi guys, I have been hijacking some threads here. but please bare with my almost similar situation like most guys here.

I'm going to post again my symptoms:

This is my first sexual experience, I am not those playful guys. This is because a fellow of mine who works abroad dragg me into this... This happened May 6th this year, around 4am, had a protected sex with a prostitute. we had sex on a quicky cheap room just made for these. This prostitute seems strict since she immediately put a condom on my penis when I was naked. before that day, I am already suffering a smallest throat inconvenience, It doesn't feel soar yet but I don't felt like eating sweets because I knew my throat seems uncomfortable with sweets on that may 6th.

It was dark, she insisted to turn off the lights, she game me oral with condoms on, didn't feel anything... then came the vaginal sex, also didn't feel anything, the condom she used to me seems thick? I don't know, never had a sex before. It was dark, I have no idea if the condom break. but didn't felt any different, just nothingness of feeling because the condom is too thick I think...

Then after the sexual encounter, didn't use their towel much cleaning my penis, I felt it was dirty. went for a little drink before heading home to take a hot shower, as I took my shower, I could still smell the odor of here semen perhaps? could have it contact afterwards since I didn't clean much of my penis and testicles. I don't shave so I have a lot of pubic hairs. her semen MIGHT have contact to my pubic hars and perhaps later to my penis. My hair was not so dried when I slept. too tired to dry it... my pillow is wet a bit when I slept because of my wet hair.

when I woke up, still the same day may 6th, I felt my throat is little bit soar, have a mild ill feeling. but it comes and goes on the next coming days. there are times I can drink cold and so fourth. it seems the soar throat is very mild. then May 10th, we had a election day here, a lot of people I came into contact, waited 2hours on the line, touched same pen people use for the election.

The next day, May 11th the soar throat become worst. then I read online, there I have the hiv symptoms. the next day, more disomfort, little stomach illness and little fever during nights with sweath from 12th to 15th (3 days). 16th up to this day, I'm feeling better, just a little cold and little sweats. but I still have my soar throat that i feel coughing it a bit. despite gargole with salt/warm water.

I'm living in a third world. and I just contacted a good person from my place, he said there is no early test available here only the 6 months test. he is not a doctor though, but an active of the hiv/aids cause in our town. he gave me contacts and doctors which I can seek help. I am about to go to these people tommorow.

my town has 553,966 people last 2007, recorded 8 hiv/aids last march 2010.

I am so depressed, 6 months is too long and I still have a soar throat and mild stomach discomfort up to this day.

what do you think I should do guys?

Last edited by asano; 05-17-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2010, 02:15 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User
Re: Worried, 6 months before I get a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by asano View Post
Hi guys, I have been hijacking some threads here. but please bare with my almost similar situation like most guys here.

I'm going to post again my symptoms:

This is my first sexual experience, I am not those playful guys. This is because a fellow of mine who works abroad dragg me into this... This happened May 6th this year, around 4am, had a protected sex with a prostitute. we had sex on a quicky cheap room just made for these. This prostitute seems strict since she immediately put a condom on my penis when I was naked. before that day, I am already suffering a smallest throat inconvenience, It doesn't feel soar yet but I don't felt like eating sweets because I knew my throat seems uncomfortable with sweets on that may 6th.

It was dark, she insisted to turn off the lights, she game me oral with condoms on, didn't feel anything... then came the vaginal sex, also didn't feel anything, the condom she used to me seems thick? I don't know, never had a sex before. It was dark, I have no idea if the condom break. but didn't felt any different, just nothingness of feeling because the condom is too thick I think...

Then after the sexual encounter, didn't use their towel much cleaning my penis, I felt it was dirty. went for a little drink before heading home to take a hot shower, as I took my shower, I could still smell the odor of here semen perhaps? could have it contact afterwards since I didn't clean much of my penis and testicles. I don't shave so I have a lot of pubic hairs. her semen MIGHT have contact to my pubic hars and perhaps later to my penis. My hair was not so dried when I slept. too tired to dry it... my pillow is wet a bit when I slept because of my wet hair.

when I woke up, still the same day may 6th, I felt my throat is little bit soar, have a mild ill feeling. but it comes and goes on the next coming days. there are times I can drink cold and so fourth. it seems the soar throat is very mild. then May 10th, we had a election day here, a lot of people I came into contact, waited 2hours on the line, touched same pen people use for the election.

The next day, May 11th the soar throat become worst. then I read online, there I have the hiv symptoms. the next day, more disomfort, little stomach illness and little fever during nights with sweath from 12th to 15th (3 days). 16th up to this day, I'm feeling better, just a little cold and little sweats. but I still have my soar throat that i feel coughing it a bit. despite gargole with salt/warm water.

I'm living in a third world. and I just contacted a good person from my place, he said there is no early test available here only the 6 months test. he is not a doctor though, but an active of the hiv/aids cause in our town. he gave me contacts and doctors which I can seek help. I am about to go to these people tommorow.

my town has 553,966 people last 2007, recorded 8 hiv/aids last march 2010.

I am so depressed, 6 months is too long and I still have a soar throat and mild stomach discomfort up to this day.

what do you think I should do guys?
Your sex was protected their's no risk for HIV you probably just got a common cold or flu.

Their probably just going off old information to do a test at 6 months or something because their are different generations of tests and types but even the first generation at 3 months would be conclusive, not that I think you need the test.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
(male)

asano HB User

Thanks for your reply missingyou. what about the risk after taking the condom off? like not cleaning off the vaginal semen properly?

I'm still worried, I'm getting mild fever/feeling cold and sweaty night again. I just got my throat bleed again. I'm really worried...

Last edited by asano; 05-18-2010 at 06:43 AM.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:52 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi there,

As Missingyou as already said you have had an extremely small risk, zero. This risk does not increase because you may have got vaginal fluid on you. HIV dies very quickly outside of the human body and /or when exposed to oxygen. It cannot be transmitted by simple contact.

Relax and please stopping looking for ways to confirm your fears by self examination. Your risk was small, extremely small; any blood test you take will almost certainly be negative.

Kevin.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #5
(male)

asano HB User

Thank you blokecalledkev. I find comfort on your response. I guess the only possible would be condom breakage. I have no idea if the condom broke. but not feeling anything from the start to finish should be a good sign right?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by asano View Post
Thank you blokecalledkev. I find comfort on your response. I guess the only possible would be condom breakage. I have no idea if the condom broke. but not feeling anything from the start to finish should be a good sign right?
Hi there,

I am sorry I cannot really comment how a condom would feel if it broke or stayed intact. Of course it is possible it could, it more possible it did not. Whether it did or did not, the statistical odds of you getting HIV from full unprotected sex with somebody who is HIV positive is in the region of 1000 to 1. Given the fact you used a condom the odds increase to the point of zero risk if used correctly. Jumping to conclusions about anybodies status is not really a great idea, reality is you have no idea whether she was positive or not.

Also you should bear in mind that the lady you was with was very cautious and insisted you wear one. She did this not only to protect you but herself from you. Her HIV status is unknown but please take comfort from the fact that she did go to lengths to protect herself. Of course you or I cannot be sure of her status but do you really think somebody who was so strict with you would take any chances with her own health? It is extremely unlikely.

Take care, you risk was low, very low. A blood test will set your mind at rest; it is not likely to be anything else other than negative.

Regards Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 05-18-2010 at 11:06 AM. Reason: typos

Old 05-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #7
(male)

asano HB User

Hi Guys, just had a counseling today. they say they can only offer the 6 months window period. I cannot object to that. however, the Doctor does not believe or haven't heard of a patient getting HIV after a week of sexual intercourse, to mention being protected.

I am feeling much better now, but I will still pursue the test in the next 6 months. I am thankful to you guys, you help me ease my stress and anxiety. I will pray for all the people who are worried like me.

Last edited by asano; 05-19-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:32 AM   #8
(male)

asano HB User

I just hate this... just as my anxiety is almost down...my mild fever is back again. feeling a little chilly right now...

Old 05-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

The official window period is three months. It has been three months since 2004. Your doctor is incorrect about the window period. And you cannot be in a window period anyway, since you had protected sex. There is no realistic chance of getting infected with HIV through an intact condom, and if the condom broke you would have noticed it. The window period only applies to people who actually had a risk (e.g. unprotected vaginal or anal sex).

HIV tests pick up virtually all infections by 6-8 weeks. After 6-8 weeks, there is no significant increase in the accuracy of the tests. If you are testing to relieve your anxiety, you don't need to wait for 6 months. You don't even need to wait three months, since you never had a risk.

My advice is to go to another clinic and have a test at 8 weeks, and accept the negative result that you will inevitably receive. The tests are 99+% accurate at that time.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:15 AM   #10
(male)

asano HB User

Hi Joggen, what we only have here is blood test. I have no idea what kind of blood test is that. so 6 weeks would be good enough for any kind of hiv blood test?

Old 05-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

I was referring to a standard antibody test- that is all you need.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #12
(male)

asano HB User

I see, I will find out if we have a standard antibody test available here. thanks.

I'm still feeling a bit soar throat and a bit of fever.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

what country are you from??
that might explain why the window period he was told
was different then what we know..

Old 05-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #14
(male)

asano HB User

I'm from the Philippines smiteler.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #15
(male)

asano HB User

I am still so scared, I can't get rid of my soar throat and fever.

Closed Thread