It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
(male)

SNAKE756 HB User
Freaking out please help

hey so a few years ago i hooked up with this guy much older than me. I had unprotected anal sex and he came inside me. He told me before that he knew he was neg. I have never had the symptoms of ARS after this encounter but i have read alot about hiv on the internet and now am freaking out convinced i have it. Is it very likely to have hiv if you never went through ARS? Im too scared to get tested because i can only think it will be pos. I keep thinking that because i had anal sex i will get HIv no matter what. any thoughts would be great. thanks.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
(female)

pfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB User
Re: Freaking out please help

It's normal to be scared before getting tested, but you just have to literally force yourself to go get tested, because only two things could happen. You will either get a negative result and can live without fear again (so why drag this out longer?), or on the chance you get a positive result, yes it will be difficult at first, but you can get treated and be as strong as you can and deal with it, but at least you don't have to be afraid anymore.
I think it's more likely you will test negative, since you had only one encounter.
Please just go get the test, and if the results are not negative, come post here, and we will help you. But realize they are more likely to be negative. Peacefull.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2010, 12:54 AM   #3
(male)

asano HB User

yes, it is really scary, but It's better to get tested asap. try get counselling first. it will help.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
(male)

SNAKE756 HB User

thanks for the responses. So yea it sounds like ARS is a pretty serious fever. Im 99.9% sure i have never had a fever in my life that did not last for more than about 1-2 days and i know i have never had any kind of rash or swollen lymph nodes. Wouldnt an ARS fever be for a longer period of time? Correct me if im wrong but it seems like i would remember if i had the symptoms of ARS. I have never had anything close to the flu and i would remember swollen lymph nodes and some type of rash.

Last edited by SNAKE756; 06-11-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #5
(male)

SNAKE756 HB User

hey so sorry again for posting like crazy but im just curious if anyone agrees with me that i would most likely remember having the symptoms of ARS. I have never had the Flu. Would the rash be noticeable and are swollen lymph nodes be noticeable? Also just wondering if i go to my doctor for a physical can i also get an HIV test while im there?

The reason i ask this is because i still live at home with my family and im not out of the closet to them. I dont have my drivers liscence yet so i cant drive to the doctor or anywhere. So Im thinking about just asking my mom to make me an appointment for a physical so she would not know.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:48 AM   #6
(male)

asano HB User

The problems with symptoms is that HIV infection is just like any other infection.

yes, symptoms is really freaking. as I am now. my point is we need to be brave enough for the test. I suggest you ask a trusted close friend who can drive to take with you.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
(male)

Mikesss HB User

You need to suck it up and get a single antibody test, It takes 10 min for a Quick test at any health department. Anal sex holds a higher risk of getting HIV but does not mean you got it even if he had it. ARS symptoms happen in more NEG people than POZ people, Most come from stress and thinking to much about it. Odds are on your side but you need to test, You are well over your 90 day mark!

Hope this helps

Old 06-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
(male)

SNAKE756 HB User

thanks guys for all the advice. I think i am over my fear and now i just more want to know so i can get on with my life. I am hoping for a neg result and its seems like most off the odds are in my favor. I will update this again after i get tested and let u all know what my result was. Hoping for the best.

---Colin

Old 06-13-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
(male)

SNAKE756 HB User

hey sorry one last question. Should i not worry about any symptoms im having now since it has been so long since my encounter?

Closed Thread