It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
(male)

stevefenton66 HB User
Question Please read and help me with your thoughts... really worried!!

I am a male...About 6 weeks ago i had unprotected oral sex given to me and i was rimmed, fingered. the person ( a guy) was doing cocaine so i'm worried about the blood in the sinuses / mouth / saliva... maybe tears in my skin where blood was exposed. At 12 days after this event i developed a rash on both sides of my hips, the rash looked like a line of small dots and a few lesion like blisters on one side. It was red but not a really dark red. The doctor I went to told me that the rash looked like trauma, like i bumped into something and cut myself on both hips but wasn't sure. I don't remember doing anything like that though. He said the chance of getting hiv through my exposure was almost zero and gave me hydrocortizone and the rash cleared up in about 5 days. I am still very worried worried, I started having diarrhea which lasted almost 2 weeks. I"m not sure if my lymph nodes were swollen but they feel a little smaller now then what they were not too long ago. I was very tired and was yawning alot. That has subsided a bit but i still feel a bit fatigued throughout the day. I have a runny nose that is still present although not as bad as it was. 2 days ago i got 3 small bumps on my chest and had been getting small pink bumps on my thighs that had been coming and going lasting a day or two. DOes anyone know if an ARS/HIV rash is all the same or can arise in different types or show up at different intervals? Is this runny nose any sign of hiv? I am extremely worried i may have hiv, I am really stressed out!! and i am scared to take a test... I did not have any fever or weight loss that i was aware of... is no fever a good sign of not contracting hiv? can these symptoms be of stress or primary hiv infection? I would asume that if it was stress these symptoms would still be ongoing... any thoughts? I did an hiv at 2 weeks after exposure and it was negative... please help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: Please read and help me with your thoughts... really worried!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefenton66 View Post
I am a male...About 6 weeks ago i had unprotected oral sex given to me and i was rimmed, fingered. the person ( a guy) was doing cocaine so i'm worried about the blood in the sinuses / mouth / saliva... maybe tears in my skin where blood was exposed

Not a single activity that you describe was a risk for HIV under any scenario, including blood in your partner's saliva. You were never at risk and do not need testing.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
(male)

stevefenton66 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
Not a single activity that you describe was a risk for HIV under any scenario, including blood in your partner's saliva. You were never at risk and do not need testing.
Thanks for you response Joggen... I just have no explanation for the rash. I have never had rashes in the past and for this one to fall into the 2-4 week timeframe after the possible exposure, along with the fatigue and diarrhea, just seems too much a coincidence.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:49 AM   #4
(male)

canermy HB User

Fever is the most common type of ars, about 92% of people experiencing ars will experience fever. so thats a good sign. Believe me if you had swollen lymph nodes then you would have felt them, but because you didnt, that means you never had it. But again symptoms or no symptoms get a test around the 8 week mark.
Stay well!

Old 06-30-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
(male)

Macneer HB User

Believe me, you are negative! Saliva is not a happy place for HIV to thrive in...hence kissing, sharin the same drink etc is a no risk factor as the virus does not live in saliva.

I am negative, I had diarrhea for a week and a have, pains all over, joint aches... You name it..... All brought on by nothing more than stress. The mind and body ate powerful things and you can experience almost any symptom if you really wanted to and convinced yourself you had something....

I wouldn't worry if I were you, I'd get a 3 month test done to ease your mind and have no doubt that it will be negative!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
(female)

Ksurrina HB User

To be on the safe side go and do an HIV test.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
(female)

Ksurrina HB User

Go and be tested!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

@Ksurrina:

He already is on the safe side- everything he did falls under the category of 'safe sex'. Safe sex means no need for testing.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:05 AM   #9
(female)

Ksurrina HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
@Ksurrina:

He already is on the safe side- everything he did falls under the category of 'safe sex'. Safe sex means no need for testing.
@Joggen

lol my advice still stand. Go and do the testing to be on the safe side. No one who does unprotected sex is deemed safe until he/she go and do that HIV test and it comes back NEGATIVE.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

The OP did not engage in unprotected vaginal or anal sex. He was not at risk. He could do those activities every day for the rest of his life and never catch HIV. Suggesting that somebody is at risk when they are not only creates unnecessary anxiety.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #11
(female)

pfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB User

Sorry, you are right that none of us want to create undue anxiety.

Poster, you received the oral sex, you didn't give it, and if you had no contact with semen or other fluids except saliva-- even if there was trace amounts of blood in it, that's different from a large amount of infected fluid.

Please don't have any anxiety about it. I guess some of us think you should get tested for your peace-of-mind and some think it's unnecessary.

peace.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #12
(male)

stevefenton66 HB User

Thanks for your responses, i really appreciate your thoughts. It helps alot with with massive amount of stress i'm am going through right now.
I just approached my 8 week mark since my encounter and I have been having random muscle aches throughout my whole body lasting a few minutes at a time accompanied with numbness / pins and needles in my hands and feet from time to time. This is driving me crazy... i want to believe that it is the stress and anxiety causing this but this has never happened to me before and I can only think of HIV. I've read that 8 weeks is too long for symptoms to show up on some sites and others say it can be up to 2 months. Plus i've read that symptoms do not come and go, they come all at once and leave all together. These muscle aches would be a new symptom that has come on in the past few days. Has anyone had any experience with these and know what muscle aches associated with HIV feel like?

Old 07-14-2010, 02:44 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefenton66 View Post
I have been having random muscle aches throughout my whole body lasting a few minutes at a time accompanied with numbness / pins and needles in my hands and feet from time to time.
CLASSIC anxiety symptoms. Has absolutely no resemblance to ARS whatsoever. There is no such thing as "muscle aches associated with HIV".

Old 07-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #14
(male)

stevefenton66 HB User

Thanks,
I just can't shake the idea of HIV and the stress / anxiety is eating away at me. Waiting three months to take a test for an accurate result is havoc on the mind and body.
I thank you all for your responses, thoughts, and information.

Closed Thread

Tags
diarrhea, fatigue, hiv, rash, stress