It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
(male)

bucko007 HB User
If anyone can shed some light on my questions?

Hi there,
I know you get asked similar questions to mine all the time but Iím sure my scenario will differ from others Ė
Right here goes nothing;
Two months ago I went to Thailand for a total of 6 weeks to train thaiboxing on my way home from Australia, within my first week I met a local girl that worked at my friends business, she was not a sex worker and she had just broke up with a westerner boyfriend. We had unprotected sex once; she was a blood donor and has given blood since with no problems. In the second week I sex again with another Thai girl non-sex worker unprotected as I was foolishly drunk, very very bad mistake and Iíve learned from it - I have done my research and found itís very unlikely for a man to catch HIV from a Female, especially from a onetime occurrence.
After the fourth week I travelled to Phuket in Thailand to train at another gym and watch my friend fight. The first two days I trained and on the second night I went out on the drink and was drinking all night through to the early hours of the morning, over that drinking period I had sex with another Thai girl using protection and again this condom broke. The next night was my friends fight and again I was on the drink all night through to the early hours of the morning. The next day I woke feeling a bit fatigued with a temperature. I thought nothing of it and went out again that night, after drinking for a while I didnít feel sick anymore. The next day after the third night drinking my Temperature came back and again I was feeling fatigued, because of this I didnít go training but at the same time I tried my best to fight the sickness by staying active going to the beach and drinking lots of fluid. Over this period I did tend to lose my appetite but did my best to force the food down to stay strong. On the third day I decided to visit Phuket hospital to get something to speed up my recovery. At this point my temperature was up and down, sometimes I would feel okay and the next I would have a temperature again and feel tired from nothing, I also had a slightly sore throat but nothing major.
The doctor at Phuket hospital told me I had some type of influenza and gave me the usual antibiotics and paracetamol. After a day or two my temperature disappeared but I still felt a bit ill. I had my suspicion it was the medication make me ill, once I stopped taking the antibiotics I was back to normal.
All in I had a temperature for around 3-4 Days and was fatigued for 5-6 days. At the time I thought nothing of any of this, I simply thought Iím in Thailand and caught some flu or picked up some viral infection from something that caused my body to react. When I returned home I visited the Sex clinic to get tested because I had Chlamydia before and thought maybe I picked up something. The Doctor told me straight away after analysing my swab that I had either gonorrhea or Chlamydia so she then gave me medication for both.
Yesterday I read that flue like symptoms within 2-3weeks of a sexual encounter are a classic case of HIV ARS so now Iím freaking big-time. I still have about 3 weeks until I hit the 3month mark to get tested again.

In new light of information - when I first started to be sick I met up with a female friend from home for a few days, the second day she was there was when I noticed my fever, we spent around 3 days together and she stayed with me every night. We were intimate and had protected sex etc. It wasn't until the day after she left on her travels that I decided to go to the hospital as my fever kept coming back when the Ibuprofen wore off and I was always still fatigued with a loss of appetite. Three days after she left I got an email from her saying she had been ill with fever, night sweats and felt cold all the time. She also mentioned she had funny ear pains as well. He fever only lasted about 2 days though, but she felt not herself for about a week.

1) Dose my case of fever sound like Primary HIV Symtoms or am I just reading into it all too much?
2) Because I was training, drinking and eating in a different country would this of maybe triggered the fever like symptoms? If so is this more likely than HIV?
3) Because my symptoms were not like regular flue with a running nose and night sweats does this indicate ARS?
4) Because I continued to go drinking when I first realised I wasnít feeling too good and had a high temperature maybe triggered my fever to get worse like it did?

5) would you say I passed my infection onto her? She started to get fever etc about 24-36 hours after leaving me.

6) Would I be right in saying Primary HIV Ars symptoms would not give someone you were kissing etc a fever within 24-36hours, so this then rules out Ars as it sounds more like an acute viral infection or flu?
7) It more than likely I was the one who mad my friend sick with flu, is it normal for her fever to only last two days and mine 5 days and for here to get different symptoms to me as she had ear pains and I didnít?

I'm not really sure what it was I had that made me ill, at first I freaked out and though it was Ars due to my exposure with two thai girls. But now after remembering that a friend of mine also got ill with Fever, chills, fatigue, ear pains within 36hours of intimate contact with me I could rule out ARS as it sounds more like the common flu that I passed on. This would then ease my anxiety as ARS would not of passed on to someone else like this?

So my question is, Would you agree? Does this all sound logical to you?

Many thanks,
Ryan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: If anyone can shed some light on my questions?

If you can condense your post down to a quarter of its current size I will take a look.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
(male)

bucko007 HB User

Hi there,
Two months ago I went to Thailand for a total of 6 weeks to train thaiboxing, in my second week there I had unprotected sex with an unknown. She wasn’t a sex worker,
Week 4 I travelled to Phuket in Thailand to train at another gym and watch my friend fight. The first two days I trained and on the second night I went out on the drink and was drinking all night through to the early hours of the morning. The next night was my friends fight and again I was on the drink all night through to the early hours of the morning. The next day I woke feeling a bit fatigued with a temperature. I thought nothing of it and went out again that night, after drinking for a while I didn’t feel sick anymore. The next day after the third night drinking my Temperature came back and again I was feeling fatigued, because of this I didn’t go training but at the same time I tried my best to fight the sickness by staying active going to the beach and drinking lots of fluid. Over this period I did tend to lose my appetite but did my best to force the food down to stay strong. Two days later I visit Phuket hospital to get something to speed up my recovery. At this point my temperature was up and down, sometimes I would feel okay and the next I would have a temperature again and feel tired from nothing, I also had a slightly sore throat but nothing major.
The doctor at Phuket hospital diagnosed as acute viral infection with bronchitis by symptoms and signs.
All in I had a temperature for around 3-4 Days and was fatigued for 7 days. I simply thought I’m in Thailand and caught some flu or picked up some viral infection from something that caused my body to react.
Yesterday I read that flue like symptoms within 2-3weeks of a sexual encounter are a classic case of HIV ARS so now I’m freaking big-time especially as fever and fatigue etc were really the only symptoms I remember having. I still have about 3 weeks until I hit the 3month mark to get tested for HIV.
When I first started to be sick I met up with a female friend from home for a few days, the second day she was there was when I noticed my fever, we spent around 3 days together and she stayed with me every night. We were intimate and had protected sex etc. It wasn't until the day after she left on her travels that I decided to go to the hospital as my fever kept coming back when the Ibuprofen wore off and I was always still fatigued with a loss of appetite. Three days after she left I got an email from her saying she had been ill with fever, night sweats and felt cold all the time. She also mentioned she had funny ear pains as well. He fever only lasted about 2 days though, but she felt not herself for about a week.

1) Dose my case of fever sound like Primary HIV Symtoms or am I just reading into it all too much?
2) Because I was training, drinking and eating in a different country would this of maybe triggered the fever like symptoms? If so is this more likely than HIV?
3) Because my symptoms were not like regular flue with a running nose and night sweats does this indicate ARS?
4) Because I continued to go drinking when I first realised I wasn’t feeling too good and had a high temperature maybe triggered my fever to get worse like it did?

5) would you say I passed my infection onto her? She started to get fever etc about 24-36 hours after leaving me.

6) Would I be right in saying Primary HIV Ars symptoms would not give someone you were kissing etc a fever within 24-36hours, so this then rules out Ars as it sounds more like an acute viral infection or flu?
7) It more than likely I was the one who mad my friend sick with flu, is it normal for her fever to only last two days and mine 5 days and for here to get different symptoms to me as she had ear pains and I didn’t?

I'm not really sure what it was I had that made me ill, at first I freaked out and though it was Ars due to my exposure with two thai girls. But now after remembering that a friend of mine also got ill with Fever, chills, fatigue, ear pains within 36hours of intimate contact with me I could rule out ARS as it sounds more like the common flu that I passed on. This would then ease my anxiety as ARS would not of passed on to someone else like this?
So my question is, Would you agree? Does this all sound logical to you?
Many thanks,
Ryan

Old 07-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Does this all sound logical to you?
Many thanks,
Ryan

what is logical is....................................

you cannot diagnose an hiv infection thru symptoms...
many many many many other things besides hiv cause
the symptoms that are called "ars" symptoms....
you cannot get infected by hiv if you practice safe sex
sorry, you won't be the first hiv case discovered from safe sex...
scouring the internet for information is a gamble,
only believe info from trusted sources...
testing is the only reliable surefire way to know your hiv status...
hiv is treatable and not a death sentence
its not the end of the world

imo
how does your senerio differ from others???
it sounds like you just caught a bug after having sex
nothing to freak out over.
if your mind is twisting bad enough
to type out this novel,
wait a month or so
and go get tested
don't let it ruin or run your life...

Last edited by smiteler; 07-16-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Closed Thread