It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #1
(male)

naveea HB User
Unhappy I need Assurance -HIV or NOT

Hi Guys & Gals

Please bear with me as it is a long post

1st Exposure -with CSW in March -May 2009(4 encounters with the same CSW),it was protected vaginal and unprotected oral in UK.I had bad sore throat after a week after my 1st encounter.went away afer i took some antibiotics

I came back to india my sore thoat was diagnosed as Chronic Pharyngitis(Sore Throat) which never went away till date, along with painful lymph nodes in neck

2nd Exposure-with an Indian CSW in Dec 2009,Had protected oral and vaginal sex with CSW,However my condom broke and i realised only after ejaculation

Surgery
- had a tonsillectomy and sinus surgery to get rid of my sore throat in Jan 2010

Symptoms - Feb 2010 i have had rashes on palm and Chest ,Fever,Chest Pain,Muscle and joint pain and sore throat was back

Testing - tested negative for Syphillis and HEP B and HIV on Feb 2010 (3 months after condom break incident)

Testing- tested negative on April 2010 (4 months after condom break incident)

3rd exposure- I still dont know why i did it. Visited a another CSW in india on May 2010 ,had protected oral and vaginal sex,same condom was used for both oral and vaginal,I checked and the Condom was intact .But touched the tip of the codom to check for breakage and then tip to the penis hole to wash it

Symptoms/ARS - It started after 4 weeks after my 3rd exposure,Fever (99F),Sore throat,Painful lymph nodes in neck and armpit,muscle pain(sore chest and shoulders) ,All this lasted till 8 weeks after my 3rd exposure

Testing - I tested negative for Syphillis and HIV Antibody(ECLIA)@6weeks from my protected oral and vaginal exposure and 6 momths from my condom break exposure
My CBC was not Normal,indicating some infection

TEST RESULT NORMAL
WBC 6900 4500-10500
NEUTROPHILS 66 50-65 % (Elevated)
EOSINOPHILS 06 3-5 % (Elevated)
LYMPHOCYTES 27 25-35 ( Has gone down from my previous tests)
PLATLETS 1.8 1.5-4.0

Urine Sample - had traces 2-4 traces of RBC
I still have slight pain in armpits(not as bad as before ) and sore throat

What are the chances of me being infected ? Am getting married in few days so please advice

Last edited by naveea; 07-27-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: I need Assurance -HIV or NOT

Hi there,

Your test in April 2010 negates your first two exposures as you tested negative. Your third exposure in May 2010 was extremely low risk. Protected oral sex carries no risk, protected vaginal sex is classed as safer sex and carries no risk, if the condom is used correctly ( the fact that you touched your penis is irrelevant, HIV is not transmitted via hand to genital contact).

It is unlikely you have contracted HIV from your third exposure and your recent tests confirm this. It is extremely unlikely any further tests will change your results.

Regards Kevin.

PS, simply assuming that sex workers have HIV is never a great idea, reality is you have no idea of the status of these ladies.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 07-27-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typo

Old 07-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
(male)

naveea HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
Hi there,

Your test in April 2010 negates your first two exposures as you tested negative. Your third exposure in May 2010 was extremely low risk. Protected oral sex carries no risk, protected vaginal sex is classed as safer sex and carries no risk, if the condom is used correctly ( the fact that you touched your penis is irrelevant, HIV is not transmitted via hand to genital contact).

It is unlikely you have contracted HIV from your third exposure and your recent tests confirm this. It is extremely unlikely any further tests will change your results.

Regards Kevin.

PS, simply assuming that sex workers have HIV is never a great idea, reality is you have no idea of the status of these ladies.
Thanks for replying Kevin

Well in india,Most CSW have HIV so thats kinda worrying

So my protected sex was a low risk.. Not a No Risk?

Am scared that i will test postive @12 weeks,coz i had all the ARS syptoms

Old 07-28-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi naveea,

The reason I stated that the use of a condom is low risk rather than zero risk is because a condom, if used correctly, is the most effective way of preventing the spread of HIV. There is a very low risk that when crossing a road you may get hit by a car, if you do so safely this risk can be reduced to zero. It is the same with a condom. From what you described you did use the condom correctly and reduced your risk to, effectively, zero.

Please, it has been stated many times on this forum and other forums that your HIV status cannot be determined by signs and symptoms alone. I would advise you, strongly, to stop examining yourself, stop trying to determine your status by goggling "HIV symptoms" and please calm down. I understand you concerns and anxieties, I really do, but there is only one way to determine your HIV status, a blood test. For what you have described, you used a condom, correctly, and have in effect reduced your risk to zero. HIV is very difficult to transmit, even under ideal circumstances, it is very fragile. The circumstances you described really don’t make it ideal for transmission, even if it was confirmed any of the sex workers actually had HIV (which to be honest is simply guessing at this moment) .You have already a blood test that, given your circumstances is actually a very accurate reflection of your status. It is extremely unlike that any future blood test will change.

(This is purely about your third encounter, as your first two encounters can be ruled out as any reason for concern, by your previous blood test.)

Regards Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 07-28-2010 at 02:24 AM. Reason: edited for clarity.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:21 AM   #5
(male)

naveea HB User

Thanks for your re-assurance kevin

So should i stop testing or should i test @12 weeks?

if i do test @12 weeks,what are odds of me testing postive ,have you seen anyone who tested negative @ 6weeks and postive @12 weeks?

Has anyone tested postive though condom was used correclty(from start to end,and condom was intact)

Regards
Naveea

Last edited by naveea; 07-28-2010 at 05:22 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to naveea For This Useful Post:
hopingandprayin (03-23-2011)
Old 07-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Hi naveea,

Given the fact that your third encounter was a zero risk encounter, it is reasonable to state that any further test you have will not change. If you wish to take this all the way to the 12 week mark, to put you mind at ease, then by all means do. It is extremely, as in extremely unlikely any further tests will bring forward a positive result.

Please understand a final confirmation test, at 12 weeks, is advisable for people who had an high risk encounter, you did not. Your risk was low, your test as shown this, it will not change.

And no, to the best of my knowledge, there is not a recorded case of anybody who as used a condom correctly contacting HIV.

Regards Kevin.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:15 PM   #7
(male)

naveea HB User

Thanks Kevin

I will be testing on next weekened ,which will be 12 weeks. will post if its negative ...

Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #8
(male)

naveea HB User

As the 12 week mark gets closer .. I am just getting more frightining...I have read Vaginal Fluids touching tip of penis is not a zero risk,is that true?

We dont have a good medical support for HIV in india and i will be thrown out of my house and my job,,,,I had a bright future,a good career and i just threw it away ,,,,

God Help me ....

Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveea View Post
As the 12 week mark gets closer .. I am just getting more frightining...I have read Vaginal Fluids touching tip of penis is not a zero risk,is that true?

We dont have a good medical support for HIV in india and i will be thrown out of my house and my job,,,,I had a bright future,a good career and i just threw it away ,,,,

God Help me ....
stop reading..
thats not true...
believe what your test tells you.

you will find out soon you are worring over
nothing as others have told you.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #10
(male)

naveea HB User

My ARS like symptoms started @ 4 weeks and lasted till 8 weeks...

and i tested negative @ exactly 6 weeks,would'nt i have tested postive by then?

Or is it that the my body produced antibodies after 8 weeks ?

Last edited by naveea; 08-05-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
My ARS like symptoms started @ 4 weeks and lasted till 8 weeks...

and i tested negative @ exactly 6 weeks,would'nt i have tested postive by then?

Or is it that the my body produced antibodies after 8 weeks ?
you are thinking the wrong thing...
your symptoms have no bearing on what your test results will be.
believe in the test results before thinking how you feel is
the diagnoses to you having hiv.
many other thing besides hiv can cause the same exact symptoms!!
your best bet is sitting down
with a doc and to discuss it all with him.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:22 AM   #12
(male)

naveea HB User

I got my test results ..

I tested negative with ELISA @12 weeks.i.e 83 days and 16 hours post exposure

Now how conclusive is that?

I have a week immune system (I have been sick for a year now),can i be 100% sure that its not HIV?

Old 08-09-2010, 03:22 AM   #13
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User

Quote:
I got my test results ..

I have a week immune system (I have been sick for a year now),can i be 100% sure that its not HIV?
Yes you can be 100% sure protected safe isn't a risk for HIV. Oral is an extremely low risk if it's even a risk at all, and even then its been six months since your first two exposures which is the maximum window period you'll hear.

No more sex workers now that you're married!

Last edited by missingyou; 08-09-2010 at 03:23 AM.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:14 AM   #14
(male)

naveea HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingyou View Post
Yes you can be 100% sure protected safe isn't a risk for HIV. Oral is an extremely low risk if it's even a risk at all, and even then its been six months since your first two exposures which is the maximum window period you'll hear.

No more sex workers now that you're married!
Thanks for replying..

Am not worried about the my first 2 encounters..am worried about my 3rd encounter(Protected oral and vaginal sex..touched outer surface of the condom which had vaginal fluids and then touched penis) ...I had all the ARS symptoms...

I would like to know how conclusive is that?

I have a weak immune system (I have been sick for a year now with recurrent infections ),can i be 100% sure that its not HIV? and i go get married ...

Old 08-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
I got my test results ..

12 weeks is considered conclusive
you can be sure you don't have hiv.
your symptoms must be cause by something
other then hiv.

Closed Thread