It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
(male)

gul31 HB User
please help scared of HIV

I had unprotected vaginal sex with a prostitute six month back in 2nd week of February this year. After that I felt slight burning when urinates and when urine sums up in penis and burning feet problem.

I visited my doctor and doctor recommended me Syphilis (VDRL / RPR), HEP.B. Surface Antigen & Hepatitis C Antibody test and all came NON REACTIVE. During this Dr. also suggested me Urine Detail Report and Urine Culture test. Both tests are also normal. Following are the values from those tests.

URINE DETAIL REPORT:
PH …………………………. 7.0
SP GRAVITY …………… 1.015
BILIRUBIN ………..…… NEGATIVE
HEMOGLOBIN ………. NEGATIVE
UROBILINOGEN ……. 3.2 umol/L (upto 16 umol/L is NORMAL)
RED BLOOD CELL ….. NIL / HPF
LEUKOCYTES …………. 02 / HPF
EPITHELIAL C ………… NIL / HPF
BACTERIA ……………… NIL
YEAST …………………… NIL
CAST …………………….. NIL
CRYSTALS ……………… NIL

URINE CULTURE REPORT:
CULTURE [ FINAL REPORT ]
NO GROWTH.

Dr. given me course of one week of ciprofloxacin and vibramycin tablets. But this didn’t relief my pain completely. After that I changed my doctor and he asked me to revised all the above tests and I did and thankfully all tests came NON REACTIVE again (I repeated all the tests after 3 months in June 2010). And he given me course of one week of cefixime tablets. But still I feel problems.

Also doctor suggested me HIV test but i afraid of that test and i didn't went to the lab for HIV test yet. To be very honest, I don’t feel burning sensation of urine much now. Occaisonly i feel burning in penis and mostly happen when urine sums up in penis and as soon as i pass out urine burning goes away. But I am continuosly facing burning feet problem. Please do let me know, is there any chance that I contracted for any of STD ? According to doctor I don’t have any STD symptoms e.g. Gonorrhea, Chlamydia or Cystitis because i don't have any pus/blood in urine till now. and urine seems to be clear as well. According to doctor all my major STD tests are clear. and i am OK.

Please help me out on this. I am freak out. I don't know what to do. Please let me know how to cure burning feet problem and also do let me know burning feet problem and occasionly burning in top of penis is an HIV symptom ?

One more thing to mention during this period of time i did intercourse many times with my wife and i don't have any pain or any sort of problem when semen ejaculates.

Can someone please help me on this. I already asked doctor to test me for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia or Cystitis but doctor is saying this is going to be useless because i don't have any of the STD symptoms.I am curious if doctor is right than why i feel slight burning urination and constant burning feet problem. By the way i never tested for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia or Cystitis from the day i had unprotected exposure. don't have pus/blood in urine from the day i had unprotected sex almost six months now. And look likes i am clear from gonorrhea, chalmydia and cystitis because my urine cluture test is clear and urine detail report says no bacteria. Hoping i don't have any STD.

But i am anxious about burning feet problem and slight burning happens only when urine sums up in penis and as soon as i pass out urine.. burning in penis goes out.

What i will do in this situation. How to cure those infections.
Burning feet problem is HIV symptom ?
Do i need to test for all other STD's while doctor is not recommending ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: please help scare of HIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gul31 View Post
Also doctor suggested me HIV test but i afraid of that test and i didn't went to the lab for HIV test yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gul31 View Post
Please help me out on this. I am freak out. I don't know what to do. Please let me know how to cure burning feet problem and also do let me know burning feet problem and occasionly burning in top of penis is an HIV symptom ?
Burning feet is not a symptom of HIV and neither is burning in your genital region or anywhere else. However, the question of whether these sensations are symptoms of HIV is completely irrelevant with respect to your HIV status. The only way to know your status is to have an HIV test. You can't judge your HIV status by monitoring yourself for symptoms.

Had you followed your doctor's advice you wouldn't be 'freaked out' to this extent- what freaks people out so much is doubt. An HIV test clears all doubt- even if the test turns out to be positive- not knowing your status is much worse than having an answer. In all likelihood your test will be negative and you won't have to worry about HIV. Please stop worrying about symptoms and go have an HIV test and put this behind you.

And nobody on this forum can tell you how to 'cure' your burning feet problem- for that issue you need to keep working with your doctor.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
(male)

Tracey992 HB User

Plain and smiple,.. calm the heck down, your mind is running away from you, if your that worried, go the Church and then if you're still worried get tested, if you're still worried after that..get some ointment, if you're still worried, please....find another release, and quit wasting your insurance / government funded funds, yeah?. STD is not HIV and your burning maybe related to other problems (too much scrubbing, or fungal). Use protection? quit sterilsing the "situation", Most people dont learn from their first mistakes and do it again and again, try to learn from this, If you must solicit for those urges again... use protection mate. you will be alright,

Old 08-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
Burning feet is not a symptom of HIV and neither is burning in your genital region or anywhere else. However, the question of whether these sensations are symptoms of HIV is completely irrelevant with respect to your HIV status. The only way to know your status is to have an HIV test. You can't judge your HIV status by monitoring yourself for symptoms.

Had you followed your doctor's advice you wouldn't be 'freaked out' to this extent- what freaks people out so much is doubt. An HIV test clears all doubt- even if the test turns out to be positive- not knowing your status is much worse than having an answer. In all likelihood your test will be negative and you won't have to worry about HIV. Please stop worrying about symptoms and go have an HIV test and put this behind you.

And nobody on this forum can tell you how to 'cure' your burning feet problem- for that issue you need to keep working with your doctor.
I agree with Joggen for the most part. Just go get tested if you have HIV you have it and then you can move on and get the proper treatment. It would be extremely unlikely for you to be HIV positive but not getting tested is doing you no good whatsoever. On another forum there is a section called I'm positive I'm positive and there are people who post messages to a doctor and in a fair amount of cases these individuals haven't even gotten tested.

Symptoms are unreliable for figuring out your HIV status.A lot of symptoms are subjective in other words only the person experiencing them truly knows how they feel and the interpretation they make based on how they feel and what there body is telling them.

One point I don't agree with is that neurological symptoms aren't related to HIV when in fact they appear in approximately 8% of acute HIV infections. In those with an established infection approximately one in ten the first symptom they notice is neurological. Peripheral neuruopathy or demyelinating polyneuropathy whatever you want to call it.

Part of the reason that in about 10% of people the first symptom they notice is neurological is because that the other symptoms associated with HIV are more common and in virtually all cases can be attributed to something else such as fatigue, diarrhea, or a loss of appetite which some people don't really notice since eating isn't a priority, like it would be if you're into fitness.

With that said neurological symptoms can appear in many other diseases such CFS which has strong viral ties one study showed a link to XMRV another retrovirus, multiple sclerosis, to something rare like Guillain–Barrι syndrome. Even autoimmune disorders like Crohn’s Disease can give neurological symptoms. The vast vast majority of neurological symptoms aren't related to HIV that is if you truly are having neurological symptoms or as you put it "burning feet".

Speaking for myself I had a strange acute illness which included a rash, a fever, neurological symptoms, diarrhea, neck lymph node pain, extreme fatigue, multiple cold sores, and other skin issues. I had elevated WBC counts for multiple weeks specifically neutrophils. It doesn't take a genius to figure out I caught something infectious.

These acute symptoms came after sexual encounters with two very promiscuous women. Not to mention I'm still having unexplained neurological symptoms, fatigue, a lack of appetite, loose stools and diarrhea.

Last edited by missingyou; 08-29-2010 at 07:44 PM.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
(male)

gul31 HB User

OK guys! i will go for HIV test soon and as per all your posts i taught my chances are very very low to be positive.
But for what about other standard STD test do i need to test for gono, chalm, cytis while my doctor is not agree for other STD's test because my urine seems to be all clear and i don't have any pus/blood in urine, no problem when i ejaculates as more than six months passed now from exposure.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
(male)

gul31 HB User

Can someone please answer.
Do i need to go for other STD's tests or need to stict as per doctor suggestions that i don't require any other STD's test because of lack of symptoms.

Closed Thread