It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
(female)

TheMadHattress HB User
Oral sex. hiv symptoms a week later. so worried.

So in March of this year I gave unprotected oral sex to a man of unknown status. I was really drunk (stupid) but I don't remember him ******* in my mouth. I think I was just in contact with precum. I also have a bad habit of biting my cheeks, and I know that I was doing that before we hung out and i gave him oral. At least an hour before...idk how long that takes to heal. But I wasn't visibly bleeding or anything.

Exactly a week later (6.5 days actually) I got a sore throat, fever, an neck pain, also swollen neck lymph nodes (nowhere else i don't think) and a little bit of nausea. I also had a whitish tongue, but I think that always happens to me when i get sick whether it be a cold or whatever. It lasted for 5 days then went away. I felt pretty sick, but i was still able to do normal activities for the most part. I went to the Nurse Practitioner at my school when I got it and she diagnosed me with tonsillitis...which it definitely could have been, but my tonsils have always been large my whole life so she might have just thought they were swollen when they weren't. It was months ago so I don't remember if they were actually swollen. Anyway, had a culture for strep and it came back negative.

I'm scared this was ARS...since I had no congestion or anything, and it wasn't bacterial because the culture came back normal. I was worried and then i kind of forgot about it and then recently i remembered it and got really worried again. I am planning on getting a test this week but I'm SO SCARED to. I'm scared i'm going to have HIV.

This is really the only way i could have gotten hiv, from this exposure. My other ones were protected sex with a man and unprotected with someone who was tested for hiv and it was negative. So I'm really only worried about this exposure since there were symptoms.

Am I crazy for thinking this was ARS? Is 1 week too early for ARS symptoms? i know they say 2-4 weeks in most places but then i saw 1-3 weeks and got nervous...

Any input is appreciated...thank u

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Oral sex. hiv symptoms a week later. so worried.

Hi there,

To the best of my knowledge there as not been a single confirmed case of HIV being transmitted by oral sex alone.

I wish you well with your test, if oral sex is the only way you could have contacted HIV, please rest assured, it is extremely unlikely.

Regards Kevin.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
(female)

TheMadHattress HB User
Re: Oral sex. hiv symptoms a week later. so worried.

thank you.

took the test. it was negative. I feel SO much better now that I know.

I wish the best to you and everyone on this forum.

Closed Thread