It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
(male)

redsmith HB User
HIV anxiety and ARS started on 12th week

Hey Guys. I'm new here and I want to ask a few questions. But before that, I'll give my introduction and my story.

I'm 21. Male(bisexual) and not sexually active(sex has never been my thing).

June 20th. I had an unprotected sexual encounter with a guy I knew from a common friend. He's really nice, well-educated knowing that he came from one of the top elite schools here in our country. The sexual encounter was me being the insertive partner. Everything was a blur because I was really dead drunk that night, knowing that I'm the kind of person who doesn't drink at all. But yes, I knew that something happened. This is the 2nd time I had sex in my entire life.

July 10th. I had a protected sex, me being the insertive role again, with my boyfriend. It's his first time so it didn't last that long and I didn't even ejaculated. We did unprotected oral too. For his background, he said that it's his first sexual encounter with someone. He was straight before and had girlfriends but nothing happened between his partners. (Assuming everything he said is true)

I've been well after both of these sexual encounters. Just my usual headaches since I get them almost everyday and has been recurring since HS. Then on Sept 10 (82 days, 12th week and 62 days, 10th week after my encounters), I developed a swollen lymph node on my right armpit. It hurts when touched. I was really well that time and I don't have any infections and the like. I just remembered hitting my knees so bad and was even bruised. The node disappeared after 4 days. A week after, I've started to have rashes. This is already the 14th week and 11th week since my exposures. First, it appeared on my arms, thighs, and chest. They were really itchy. SOME itching stopped when I change my bed sheets and pillow case. I also got pimple like bumps at my back. Never had these before. There are around 12 spots. Days after that, I got these weird brown spots on my thighs. So what I did was, because of being paranoid and anxious, I shaved my thighs so I can see the spots clearly and closely evaluate it. I also experienced weak, numbness, tingling feeling on my arms and legs accompanied with joint pains. I also had a recurring jock itch which was gone after a week of putting anti-fungal cream.

Because of my severe anxiety, I swallowed my pride and called both of them, even putting ourselves in an awkward situation, I asked them about their status. Both of the said they are NEGATIVE but I knew inside that I can't rely on their answers alone.

The next day after the shaving incident, I took up the courage to take the test since I've been really really anxious and my anxiety attacks and depression are coming back. I've been diagnosed as a hypochondriac before and had sessions with a psychiatrist. After taking my meds, I've been better. And now, they are hunting me again. My anxiety and depression also started because of my "breaking the virginity sex" and it was an unprotected sexual encounter, though I got tested after 7 months and it was negative.

The day of the test, I wasn't able to sleep for 2 straight days. This is already the 15th week (102 days) and 12th week (82 days) since those encounters. Went to a clinic to get tested and thankfully, the results were NEGATIVE. I was ecstatic when I received the results. It was the first night that I had a really good sleep. I wasn't advised to take the test again. I'm not sure why. Maybe she forgot or she thinks it's not necessary since I'm not sexually active.

Note: The test was a rapid test where they have to pin***** me and took a blood sample.

But 4 days ago, rashes appeared on my thighs. It is where I shaved. It's not itchy. I know that shave bumps are supposedly itchy and I should be seeing ingrown hair on the spots and there are NONE! Now I'm panicking again and getting really anxious about it. I'm the kind of person who handles his anxiety very badly. I throw up most of the time. Thankfully, I don't have fever or colds. No swollen lymph nodes. Just my normal headaches. I still have the joint pains but it barely shows up.

Should I be worried about the rashes that appeared? Do you think my results were already conclusive and accurate?

I'm scared. Please help me. I don't think I can handle the anxiety of getting retested again.

Last edited by redsmith; 10-11-2010 at 09:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: HIV anxiety and ARS started on 12th week

Well stress will certainly make you ill, very ill.. and would create a lot of the symptoms your having. What you should belive in is your results, you are HIV -. Stop looking at your body as you will find things on their which have always been on their and make you paranoid. You had a ZERO risk encounter, backed up by your results.. you are negative

Regards

A

Old 10-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
(male)

redsmith HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Well stress will certainly make you ill, very ill.. and would create a lot of the symptoms your having. What you should belive in is your results, you are HIV -. Stop looking at your body as you will find things on their which have always been on their and make you paranoid. You had a ZERO risk encounter, backed up by your results.. you are negative

Regards

A
Hey Apollo. Thanks for the fast reply. I'm just worried because I had an UNPROTECTED anal intercourse with a guy. I'm not sure about his status and but he claimed he is clean. And the test that I took was a rapid test. How conclusive my results are? Do you think the rash that appeared on my upper leg is part of ARS?

Old 10-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Sorry i thought it was Protected.. well the results are still the same although it counted as a high risk.. A rapid test is very very reliable ( 99.9% ), but as they took blood as well, then if the results are still negative then yes its conclusive. Your symptoms could be anything, but i would recommend STI ( sexually transmitted desiese ) tests, just to be on the safe side, not to do with your symptoms. Have they given you the results from the blood they have taken from you?

Regards

A

Last edited by Apollo123; 10-11-2010 at 09:48 AM.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
(male)

redsmith HB User

Quote:
Sorry i thought it was Protected.. well the results are still the same although it counted as a high risk.. A rapid test is very very reliable ( 99.9% ), but as they took blood as well, then if the results are still negative then yes its conclusive. Your symptoms could be anything, but i would recommend STI ( sexually transmitted desiese ) tests, just to be on the safe side, not to do with your symptoms. Have they given you the results from the blood they have taken from you?

Regards

A
Thanks for the reply. Actually, they used the blood for the rapid test. And yes, the results were NON-REACTIVE on the 15th and 12th week mark for both exposure/experience. And actually, rash and my usual headache is the only thing that is bothering me right now. No fever, no colds, no cough, no diarrhea, no swollen lymph nodes. And the rash appeared on the area where I shaved (upper leg). It resembles a razor bumps/shaving rash but I know that these are supposedly itchy but mine aren't. Now I'm really scared that this might be an ARS rash.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsmith View Post
Thanks for the reply. Actually, they used the blood for the rapid test. And yes, the results were NON-REACTIVE on the 15th and 12th week mark for both exposure/experience. And actually, rash and my usual headache is the only thing that is bothering me right now. No fever, no colds, no cough, no diarrhea, no swollen lymph nodes. And the rash appeared on the area where I shaved (upper leg). It resembles a razor bumps/shaving rash but I know that these are supposedly itchy but mine aren't. Now I'm really scared that this might be an ARS rash.
ARS rash wouldnt happen this late plus its an all over body rash, and it is normally with a very very sore thoat and very high fever.. so discount that..

Well in that case, be very happy, your HIV Negative . The headache is down to stress ( we have all been their ) the rash is just a shaving rash.. be well your results are conclusive and negative

Regards

A

Old 10-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsmith View Post

you don't have ars rash..
how do i know?
because you tested negative..
that is the FINAL answer as to what your hiv status is.
as to why you don't feel right
is something you should be talking to your doctor about.
anxeity can and will cause many of the same symptoms that hiv does
and that is probably what is happening to you..
good luck

Old 10-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #8
(male)

redsmith HB User

Quote:
ARS rash wouldnt happen this late plus its an all over body rash, and it is normally with a very very sore thoat and very high fever.. so discount that..

Well in that case, be very happy, your HIV Negative . The headache is down to stress ( we have all been their ) the rash is just a shaving rash.. be well your results are conclusive and negative

Regards

A
Thanks A again for the response. Actually, I'm still bothered. What if I'm one of those who seroconvert or has a window period of 6 months. I'm just scared and really anxious right now. It's severely affecting my daily life. As if I can't function anymore and I can't do the things that I usually do after this HIV craze...Any the rash has been here for almost a week now...

Old 10-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
(male)

redsmith HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
you don't have ars rash..
how do i know?
because you tested negative..
that is the FINAL answer as to what your hiv status is.
as to why you don't feel right
is something you should be talking to your doctor about.
anxeity can and will cause many of the same symptoms that hiv does
and that is probably what is happening to you..
good luck
Thanks smiteler for the response. I'm still worried about the rash though. Do you know what an ARS/HIV rash looks like? Upon googling images of it, my rash resembles it a little bit that's why I'm really scared. I don't know if these are razor bumps too. I'll be getting my results from another HIV blood test that I took the same day as I took my rapid test. Wish me luck and please include me in your prayers. Thanks again.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Hi Red.. I know its a scary time, but you have to belive the results. HIV testing has gone forward so much now days, for eg.. the 7 day tests will pick HIV in 95% of people, in only 7 days !!, the 3 month test will CERTAINLY have picked it up.. I know what stress can do you to you, the mind is a powerfull tool.. but honestly, your test will be negative, personally i wouldnt test again as you have no need to, plus its just going to stress you out again, but if you do the results will be negative, so belive in them and move on..

Regards

A

Old 10-12-2010, 03:41 AM   #11
(male)

redsmith HB User

Quote:
Hi Red.. I know its a scary time, but you have to belive the results. HIV testing has gone forward so much now days, for eg.. the 7 day tests will pick HIV in 95% of people, in only 7 days !!, the 3 month test will CERTAINLY have picked it up.. I know what stress can do you to you, the mind is a powerfull tool.. but honestly, your test will be negative, personally i wouldnt test again as you have no need to, plus its just going to stress you out again, but if you do the results will be negative, so belive in them and move on..

Regards

A
Hey Apollo. Thanks for the kind words and the concern. Yes, I know that the mind is a powerful thing and the anxiety is already eating me alive. I just received the other blood test that I had along with the rapid test. It says here that they used BIO-RAD GENSCREEN HIV Ag-Ab COMBINATION.

Cut-off: 0.264
S/CO: 0.060
EIA RESULT: NON-REACTIVE

It was a big relief. I wish from this moment on, I can move on and live my life again. I personally think that sex is evil. :P Coz' whether you do it protected or unprotected, I'd still be anxious about it... Anyways, thanks again for all the support! and to smiteler too! I really appreciate it.

God Bless!

Old 10-12-2010, 07:08 AM   #12
Facilitator
(male)

Thats Great news Red, so just move on and live your life. Sex is fine, nothing wrong with it, just wear condoms and be carfull and you will have nothing to worry about.
Take care and enjoy

Regards

Apollo

Closed Thread