It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2001, 02:55 AM   #1
Unregistered

Lymph nodes in groin

To be more specific about the quest, i want to know if lymph nodes can swell in the groin area for women as a symptom of hiv.would it be painful?i read somewhere that the lymph nodes in the groin area do not swell as a symptom of hiv b-coz the nodes there are enlarged already but some other websites claim that it could be a possible hiv symptom.
Also would there be symptoms at two months after possible exposure?please,please.please reply.thanx=

Old 01-04-2001, 06:15 AM   #2

Rachael HB User
Re: Quest for rachael or chris

Sad Faced,

Yes, it is possible for lymph nodes to swell in the groin of women. However, normally if lymph node swelling is due to HIV, you would encounter generalised swelling and experience swollen nodes in the groin, armpits and neck.

Have your lymph nodes been diagnosed as swollen or are you just going by what you can feel? If you feel they may be swollen, I suggest a trip to your GP who will be able to confirm this. It is likely you may be feeling bones or other tissue and confusing them for lymph node swelling.

If lymph nodes are swollen in the groin, they may or may not be painful.

Symptoms of seroconversion normally occur between 2 weeks and 3 months after exposure. However, 30% of people do not experience any symptoms at seroconversion.

If you feel you may have been exposed to the virus, the only way to tell if you have contracted it is by taking an HIV test. I know this is an incredibly difficult thing to do, and I advise seeking some good pre-test counselling before taking the test to help you through.

Good luck and best wishes,

Rachael

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SAD FACED:
<B>TO BE MORE SPECIFIC ABOUT THE QUEST, I WANT TO KNOW IF LYMPH NODES CAN SWELL IN THE GROIN AREA FOR WOMEN AS A SYMPTOM OF HIV.WOULD IT BE PAINFUL?I READ SOMEWHERE THAT THE LYMPH NODES IN THE GROIN AREA DO NOT SWELL AS A SYMPTOM OF HIV B-COZ THE NODES THERE ARE ENLARGED ALREADY BUT SOME OTHER WEBSITES CLAIM THAT IT COULD BE A POSSIBLE HIV SYMPTOM.
ALSO WOULD THERE BE SYMPTOMS AT TWO MONTHS AFTER POSSIBLE EXPOSURE?PLEASE,PLEASE.PLEASE REPLY.THANX=</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread