It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #1
(male)

Myquo mwale HB User
Please help me!!

Okay guys am back.my story is,i had a condom burst about 11 weeks ago on a sex worker and about 5 weeks later i developed a headache,chills,and some sort of rash/pimples on my forehead up to date.tested negative on 6 and 8 weeks but am dying with these symptoms.please advise.ohh and i have a pain in my right gum for a while now.i dont think its a lymphnode but but its not a tooth either

Old 12-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Please help me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myquo mwale View Post
Okay guys am back.my story is,i had a condom burst about 11 weeks ago on a sex worker and about 5 weeks later i developed a headache,chills,and some sort of rash/pimples on my forehead up to date.tested negative on 6 and 8 weeks but am dying with these symptoms.please advise.ohh and i have a pain in my right gum for a while now.i dont think its a lymphnode but but its not a tooth either

If you tested with a 4th generation test eg HIV DUO, then your results are unlikley to change. 8 weeks with a third generation is still good news. Do you know what test it was??

Regards

Apollo

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
(female)

missy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB User

Dont go off of symptoms take it from me. I had almost every symptom and I tested negative today at my 3 month mark. My lymph nodes are still swollen. IDK what it is but its not HIV... I tested at 4 weeks 6 weeks 10 weeks and 12&13 weeks and my results never changed so most likely yours wont either 8 weeks is a good indicator. GOOD LUCK!!

The Following User Says Thank You to missy1983 For This Useful Post:
Apollo123 (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Hi there,

Sore teeth and gums have absolutely nothing to do with HIV nor as a rash on your forehead. Your tests on the other hand have everything to do with HIV. Given your extremely low risk exposure it is reasonable to state your tests are conclusive. You have not got HIV.

If you wish to take this to the three month mark, to ease your mind, feel free. Your status will not change, negative.

Regards Kevin.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

believe your test results
your symptoms can be caused by many other things
besides hiv.
you are best off seeing a doctor
to figure out what the cause is.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

The test results at 8 weeks are very accurate and I agree with most of what has been said. However, I differ on one point- I would consider this to be a moderately high risk exposure based on the HIV prevalence in CSWs in your area of the world. I say this not because I think there is any chance that your negative result will change (I don't), but more for your future consideration as it seems likely that you will pursue these kind of encounters again.

It's good that you are using condoms, but I also recommend that in the future you attempt to discuss HIV status/testing history with the CSW prior to the 'deal' so to speak. If she seems hesitant or evasive then walk away from the encounter. Doing this should reduce your anxiety if you have a condom break in the future, and will act as as a 'hedge' to reduce your risk somewhat. And it's a good idea to discuss status with women who are not CSW's as well. People can lie, but studies have shown that people who discuss status before sex are at reduced risk for HIV.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #7
(male)

Myquo mwale HB User

I did see the doctor at 6 weeks who also diagnosed me with a urinary tract infection which waas treated but still the chills and the headache wont go.i tested using these antibody detecting tests. I.e unigold. To be honest am dead scared.and hey can pleuritic chest pain be part of the ARS symptoms.my urethra still icthes at times though

Old 12-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
I did see the doctor at 6 weeks who also diagnosed me with a urinary tract infection which waas treated but still the chills and the headache wont go.i tested using these antibody detecting tests. I.e unigold. To be honest am dead scared.and hey can pleuritic chest pain be part of the ARS symptoms.my urethra still icthes at times though

Chest infections are not specific with HIV sero and if it was then you would have tested positive, as your negative with a thrid generation test at 8 weeks, i would concider that very much conclusive. I know its dam scary, but results never lie. Some times we just get infections or colds, the fact you had an exposure has freaked you out but its just a coincidence. If you doctor isnt worried then you shouldnt be. Besides the other person has to be HIV + in the first place, as you dont know her status its pure speculation. So stop worrying

Regards

Apollo

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-16-2011, 03:57 AM   #9
(male)

terror HB User

man i am in u're shoes right now and any form of a negative sign thus far should be welcomed.Keep u're head up.You don't say if you came in her or not,& how long do you think you might have been exposed?

Regards
Terror

Closed Thread