It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #31
(female)

missy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB User
Re: what are the odds??

Smiteler.
U say that's these things do happen to ppl with HIV but it takes time. What if I'm different. What if it dosent take long for these things to happen to me. Everyone reacts differently right?I know that I can't go based off symptoms but I've been not in good health for a while so I can't help to think that is HIV cuz that doesn't go away and neither are my symptoms. The girl texted me today to see how I was feeling I keep thing she knows something and is not telling me. Idk I'm just gonna take the test one more time and see what happens. Just a side question. What is a duo test?i

Old 12-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #32
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1983 View Post
Smiteler.
U say that's these things do happen to ppl with HIV but it takes time. What if I'm different. Then you will make medical history . HIV cannot effect your body this quick. Most people dont have symptoms for many years after and dont get ill, thats why many dont know they are HIV + What if it dosent take long for these things to happen to me. Everyone reacts differently right?I know that I can't go based off symptoms but I've been not in good health for a while so I can't help to think that is HIV cuz that doesn't go away and neither are my symptoms. Cant be HIV as you had no risk. Not one realiable documented case in history has this happened, so the odds you being the first ZERO, not to mention testing negative The girl texted me today to see how I was feeling I keep thing she knows something and is not telling me Or maybe she wants to meet up again?? Or maybe she feels guilty what happened??. Idk I'm just gonna take the test one more time and see what happens. If it sorts your head out i agree, do it. Also test for STD's for peace of mind. They are easyer to catch than HIV. Just a side question. What is a duo test?i HIV DUO is a 4th generation test. For many experts, its the most accurate test to have. A negative with this is conclusive, end of story, no ifs buts or maybes.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
missy1983 (12-29-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2010, 03:25 AM   #33
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Smiteler.
U say that's these things do happen to ppl with HIV but it takes time. What if I'm different. What if it dosent take long for these things to happen to me. Everyone reacts differently right?I know that I can't go based off symptoms but I've been not in good health for a while so I can't help to think that is HIV cuz that doesn't go away and neither are my symptoms. The girl texted me today to see how I was feeling I keep thing she knows something and is not telling me. Idk I'm just gonna take the test one more time and see what happens. Just a side question. What is a duo test?i
Hi Missy,

Yes people do react differently to an HIV infection. When the virus is detected by the body’s immune system the body will react. This reaction may or may not be violent. What is not different is the actual production of HIV antibodies; most people will do this between 22 and 28 days. The reaction to such a detection and production of antibodies may well be different from person to person, what is not different is the actual process. The reaction (symptoms) may well be in this sort of grey area, the rapid test that you took does not live in this area. The test cuts through the grey area and makes things crystal clear, black or white, negative or positive. Your test will detect HIV antibodies, irrespective of any reaction, irrespective of any symptoms you may or may not have, if they are present, it does not differentiate at any level.

If you are concerned and to be honest with you Missy, you really shouldn't be then of course get checked out again. It is very unlikely that what you are experiencing is anyway related to HIV.

Regards Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 12-29-2010 at 03:37 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
missy1983 (12-29-2010)
Old 12-29-2010, 06:06 AM   #34
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Smiteler.
the point i was making was you would have to be
very different,different enough that it would be unhead of
if it did happened to you.
add that in with a negative oral test and
we can safely say there is no way you have hiv.

you can take as many tests as you feel need fit
you are only going to get the same negative results again.
unless you take more risks

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
missy1983 (12-29-2010)
Old 12-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #35
(female)

Hey guys I wanted to let you know that I went to my doctors today and I told him whats been going on and we are looking down other avenues to find out what is going on with me. I did take one last test just to be sure :-). I am going to try to get all negative thoughts out of my head and enjoy my new year. Thank you all for all the support that you have given me. Its nice to know that there are people that understand where im coming from and how im feeling and to give me good advise. Thank you all. When I get my results I will let you guys know.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #36
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

that is exactly what you should be doing..

good for you that you are on the way
to feeling better to both your mind and body
i'm sure it helped alot to hear it first hand
from your doctor also.
good luck missy

Old 12-31-2010, 02:02 AM   #37
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Hey guys I wanted to let you know that I went to my doctors today and I told him whats been going on and we are looking down other avenues to find out what is going on with me. I did take one last test just to be sure :-). I am going to try to get all negative thoughts out of my head and enjoy my new year. Thank you all for all the support that you have given me. Its nice to know that there are people that understand where im coming from and how im feeling and to give me good advise. Thank you all. When I get my results I will let you guys know.
Hi Missy,

You did the right thing, again, well done. Please do post your results when you get them. All the best for the New Year.

Regards Kevin.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:54 AM   #38
(female)

I will post my results when they come. But for some reason Im so nervous. I dont know why im so nervous. I cant wait for these results. Now im back to not sleeping at night and thinking about this all the time. My cough went away and came back and I think that has triggered some anxiety. what do u think? I hate my life right now

The following user gives a hug of support to missy1983:
smiteler (01-01-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 07:04 AM   #39
Senior Veteran
(male)

symptoms do not come and go away
you are over reacting to them!
relax and go enjoy the new year missy,
you will be getting your negative results back soon....

missy1983 (01-03-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #40
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
I will post my results when they come. But for some reason Im so nervous. I dont know why im so nervous. I cant wait for these results. Now im back to not sleeping at night and thinking about this all the time. My cough went away and came back and I think that has triggered some anxiety. what do u think? I hate my life right now
I think anyone in your situation as we have been their ourselves, still got nervous about HIV results, even when we had little or no cause to do so. Hence the no sleeping and your cough, so yes your correct its anxiety Your results will be negative, im sure you know that deep down, but as i said, its still a bind waiting for the OK. The main thing your doctor is dealing with your symptoms, so once HIV is out of the way, then you can move on, but be assured, your results will be negative

Regards

Apollo

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #41
(female)

Hey guys,

I am all smiles right now!! My doctor just called me and my BLOOD test results are negative!! I feel confident in these results because it was taken 20 days pass the 3 month mark. So that makes me feel alot better. Although I am a little worried because he said my other test came back normal he tested for lupus and other inflammatory diseases because of all of my muscle pain and it came up with nothing. SO WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!! he said if it continues to come back and I will but this really freaks me out because I was such a healthy person until 3 months ago. Well I wanna thank all of you guys for being there for me. You guys have been my angles for the past month and I feel like I know you guys even though I dont. I really dont think you guys know how much you really help people on this forum. you play such an important role in people lives that you dont even know and you take your time out for every single question and continue to help no matter how many times they ask!! that is amazing to me!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!! I will try to do the same. I feel like I need to give back what was given to me. you guys are the BEST!

The Following User Says Thank You to missy1983 For This Useful Post:
Apollo123 (01-04-2011)
Old 01-04-2011, 12:39 AM   #42
Facilitator
(male)

Hey missy. Well you now know for sure know that your certainly HIV negative at near enough 4 months.

Well as to whats wrong with you, well somtimes it can be just a coincidence, infact for 99% of people it is. Have an exposure, feel ill, panic, google it, conclusion its HIV.
The main thing its not HIV so yor doctor can deal with it, but im sure now you know its not HIV you will start to feel better. Stress can really run a body down, and once it picks its self up, im sure you will feel like yourself again.

It will be good to have you around the forums, your experince will help others with advice and support.

Good news Missy

Regards

Apollo

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
missy1983 (01-04-2011)
Old 01-04-2011, 05:52 AM   #43
Inactive
(male)

Hi Missy,

This is great news on the HIV front, I am sure you must be delighted. I would urge you to all thoughts of possibly having HIV out of your mind, your test really is conclusive. Sorry to hear you still have some ongoing health issues but the comfort is you can now safely rule out HIV as a possible factor.

Regards Kevin.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #44
Senior Veteran
(male)

hey missy
that is great news on the hiv test.
at this time of year plenty of bugs are around..
i know of someone older who had the flu shot
and they got sick are in the hospital with pneumonia right now.

even this week i haven't felt that great and
i thought i was getting something for sure and so far
i'm ok.
keep working with your doctor,i have noticed with some that they don't
like to come out with a diagnosis quickly and that just will fuel
your fears. you should know now what you
don't have, so alot of those fears should be gone now.
good luck

missy1983 (01-04-2011)
Closed Thread