It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

missy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB User
what are the odds??

Hey guys Im back. I know that I was told by all you guys that I my risk was zero and I tested the other day and was negitive, but I just cant stop thinking that the results might be wrong. MY exposure was SEPT 10TH and I tested on DEC 10 Exaclly 3 months after. What are the odds that my results were wrong. MY symptoms are exactlly what the HIV symptoms are and I know I cant base it off of that but What else could this be. I just cant stop thinking about this. So can someone please tell me the odds of the test being wrong?? should I test again?? I am so stressed I feel like im going to faint. Please help me.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
(female)

hopingandprayin HB Userhopingandprayin HB User
Re: what are the odds??

Dear Missy, I believe your tests are conclusive and I think you shld move on. I wish my exposure was as low as yours and have already taken the tests. Trust your results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1983 View Post
So can someone please tell me the odds of the test being wrong??
zero

relax
you do not have hiv...
you should see a doctor as to what the causes
of your symptoms are
because the same symptoms can be caused by many things.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
(female)

thanks guys. The thing is its easier said than done. Especially since im so sick for so long. This really scares the Crap outta me. The anxiety is killing me

Old 12-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
(female)

WORRIED4DAYS HB UserWORRIED4DAYS HB User

most all testing sites will tell you that at 3 months it is...conclusive....relax..i cant wait until my 3rd month!!! one more left..going for my 8 week tomorrow..

Old 12-13-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
thanks guys. The thing is its easier said than done. Especially since im so sick for so long. This really scares the Crap outta me. The anxiety is killing me
Look we have all been their, the worry of exposure, the wait of the results, the belief the results are wrong whilst we still have symptoms, its all HIV Paranoia. If you keep on this road you will go insane.

You had no risk and thats the key issue. your results are conclusive even if you thought you had a risk.

Its been a massive shock to your system, and yes it will take a wee while to settle down and get out of your brain ( its naturall ) but overall your certainly negative. Focus on that, and the more important things in your life. You have stressed so much, your body is run down. Look after yourself, and if you dont feel well, then go to your doctor, but as for HIV, no not in a million years

Take care

Apollo

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 12-13-2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: typo

The following user gives a hug of support to Apollo123:
missy1983 (12-13-2010)
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
missy1983 (12-13-2010)
Old 12-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi Missy,

The odds of your test being wrong are not calculable because they are so high. You were not at high risk and your test is conclusive. Please, whatever health issues you may now are nothing to do with HIV.

Regards Kevin.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:36 AM   #8
(female)

I am so upset because I really thought that getting tested at 3 months would stop all of the anxiety about this. But it has not gone away. I keep thinking that there might be a chance it was wrong. I dont know why its taking this long I really hope these thoughts go away because I cant live like this

The following user gives a hug of support to missy1983:
Apollo123 (12-13-2010)
Old 12-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
I am so upset because I really thought that getting tested at 3 months would stop all of the anxiety about this. But it has not gone away. I keep thinking that there might be a chance it was wrong. I dont know why its taking this long I really hope these thoughts go away because I cant live like this

Their is zero chance you have HIV. You had ZERO risk, i really mean you had zitch chance of HIV from this. Tests now days are so accurate its not even woth thinking about. Yes you could test again for peace of mind, it will be negative anyway.

The shock of HIV is hard and it takes time to get of your system ( took me a long time, but i had good reasons, or so i belived at the time ) Some times talking to a psychiatrist may help. Just understand the facts is enough to put an end to it, but as i said, it takes time to get it out your system. Once you feel beter HIV will leave your head for sure.

Maybe their is guilt still stored away even though you spoke with your partner about it. Maybe your not ready to get married. Their are many reasons tbh, but one thing is certain your HIV negative. Have a re-test to ease your mind, but it will be negative, test again after that and it will be negative. Belive in the facts, think about for a while and just understand that you are HIV negative and to enjoy your life..

Take care

Apollo

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 12-13-2010 at 06:07 AM.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
is there any way you can stay busy with things so
you can forget about it for a little while at a time?
it might be hard for you to do,
but its something i do when my thoughts start going
to some bad places.
maybe it might work for you instead of what you are
doing right now.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #11
(female)

Yes I do think that the guilt has a lot to do with this. I keep thinking what if I infected him? I could not live with myself. I try to stay busy but I dont have the energy I feel like Ive feel into a depression. I really want to test again being that im so sick still. But I dont know if I should I dont want to do that and still feel the same way. I really need to get over this. Thank you guys for being so patient with me

The following user gives a hug of support to missy1983:
Apollo123 (12-14-2010)
Old 12-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

missy
you are getting yourself all riled up over nothing...
you should already of put this in the rear veiw.
if you had hiv and were getting sick from it
enough of it will be around to find in test
the test you took would of found it
plus you had no risk to begin with.

you should see your doctor and try to figure out
the reason why you are sick instead of blaming something
you already eliminated from being a cause.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #13
(female)

Its like I know your right but I feel like it could be wrong. I took the rapid test with my mouth and I feel like that might not be accurate. My lymph nodes have been swollen for a while and the only reason why I could think of is HIV. the only thing that has changed in my life was this encounter with this girl and I keep thinking what if there was just a little blood and I didnt notice and now I am infected. I just feel so lost. Thank you Smitler for your words of encouragement you really do make a difference

Old 12-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Yes I do think that the guilt has a lot to do with this. I keep thinking what if I infected him? I could not live with myself. I try to stay busy but I dont have the energy I feel like Ive feel into a depression. I really want to test again being that im so sick still. But I dont know if I should I dont want to do that and still feel the same way. I really need to get over this. Thank you guys for being so patient with me
As your negative, then you cant have.
Somtimes for what ever reason we get sick or get an infection. Our doctors dont always know what it is. If im being honest with you, my doctor this week scratched his head and said " i just dont know what to do next " Great eh . If i told you my symptoms you would think HIV, HIV, but it isnt.
Look, if you test again and get a negative, would you then "BE happy" and belive it, if so then thats the route to go. If NO, then what will,as that will lead you to your road of happiness.

Cheers

Apollo

Old 12-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #15
(female)

I have a question guys. If a person is having symptoms does a Fever have to be present? Or can they still have some of the symptoms but no fever and still be positive?

Closed Thread