It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User
Oral Thrush + Odd Test results + Picture

ok so, I know many of you have seen my posts on being concerned bout possible HIV infection, so I wont re post any of that. I would like to post some test results I received and get peoples input, since this is a HIV forum I would assume someone of here would have some knowledge of CD4 counts. So I still have oral thrush! I will include a picture of this on bottom...looking for any and all opinions on my results...The doctor said it was normal daily variance, but ALL results are off so im obviously concerned, and yes I realize other conditions can cause these odd results...

CD3 absolute......mine...737..........low 980-high 2393
CD3/CD4............mine...543..........low 599-high 1662
CD3/CD8............mine...184..........low 394-high 1150
CD16/56............mine...346..........low 96-high 241
CD19................mine...137.......... low 141-high 448
Lymphocytes...mine 17.1..........low 24.0- high 44.0
And my white blood cells are Normal?

HIV-1 PCR, Quantitative Not Detected
HIV- 1/2 Antibody Non-Reactive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg =THRUSH.jpg (2.8 KB, 53 views)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Oral Thrush + Odd Test results + Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juslqqkin View Post

HIV-1 PCR, Quantitative Not Detected
HIV- 1/2 Antibody Non-Reactive
this means you are
HIV NEGATIVE

if you have questions about oral thrush
there is another board here for that
or consult your doctor
you don't need to at us!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Your Doctor said all is well and good and that you HIV negative, so whats your question here then? Do i agree with th results, yes 100%. Your HIV negative, be happy.

Buddy, forget HIV now and if you still feel unwell let your doctor deal with.

Best of luck Apollo

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #4
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User

Don't my test result seem odd though? I wouldn't have even known my cd4 were all over the mad if I didn't ask for printout. Some one them swing 100 point over where they should!

Old 01-28-2011, 04:41 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Not at all. Its quite common for them to fluctuate.

What dosnt change and the most important result is your HIV antibody. This will never change unless your status does. You negative.

I dont see why you cant understand your HIV results, you dont have HIV at all

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #6
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User

Hey...not trying to bother you guys with more HIV questions...im do realize im negative, i posted here because I figured someone on this board would know something bout CD4 results and to update anyone who cares...so you don't find it odd that EVERY single test I posted was FLAGGED as abnormal?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

If you were to have a test every week, they would probably change even more. For example, your CD4 count is generally 50 cells higher in the morning compared to at night, and can be affected in a similar superficial way by diet and exercise and other infections.

None of these small variations mean anything in terms of your general health and immune system though

Old 01-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #8
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User

so you dont think a 150 point swing over or under the considered Low and High amount is anything to worry bout...or that my whole CD count reading in general was abnormal?

Old 01-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
so you dont think a 150 point swing over or under the considered Low and High amount is anything to worry bout...or that my whole CD count reading in general was abnormal?
Not really. As a simple cold can effect it. If your doctor didnt worry about it, then dont you.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Not really. As a simple cold can effect it. If your doctor didnt worry about it, then dont you.
yup, the levels in your blood can change
on every blood draw they take.
it depends on your enviorment,whet you eat.
when i get tested i don't eat anything 12hr before the
test?
why?
because that will give them some sort of
consistancy in the tests.

here is one to freak you out more
i have hiv and my cd4 count is alot higher then your number

if you understood cd4 coumts you would not blink
an eye at this..
it is normal
mine is monitored to tell the progression of hiv
against my body,it doesn't tell if i have hiv or not..
how could it?
i have hiv and mine is higher then a person without hiv.

you need to give up on the hiv phobia
and see an id doctor
good luck

Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 AM   #11
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
yup, the levels in your blood can change
on every blood draw they take.
it depends on your enviorment,whet you eat.
when i get tested i don't eat anything 12hr before the
test?
why?
because that will give them some sort of
consistancy in the tests.

here is one to freak you out more
i have hiv and my cd4 count is alot higher then your number

if you understood cd4 coumts you would not blink
an eye at this..
it is normal
mine is monitored to tell the progression of hiv
against my body,it doesn't tell if i have hiv or not..
how could it?
i have hiv and mine is higher then a person without hiv.

you need to give up on the hiv phobia
and see an id doctor
good luck
THANX FOR THE COMFORT BUDDY!~ He wants to do another test to see what my levels are in 3 months to I assume see if I and still running low...I do have a appointment in 2 weeks with my new primary care doctor then we will start all over again!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
THANX FOR THE COMFORT BUDDY!~ He wants to do another test to see what my levels are in 3 months to I assume see if I and still running low...I do have a appointment in 2 weeks with my new primary care doctor then we will start all over again!
if you had hiv causing what is wrong with you,
your cd4 would be ALOT lower then what yours is...

when hiv is untreated it will drop that cd4 count like a rock
you would of probably been under 200 or lower (just a guess)
if you were infected.
and that wouldn't even be concrete
to tell anything because other things
can drop your cd4 down low also...

talk all of this out with your doctor
and i'm sure he will come up with some ideas and tests
to straighten you out.

Last edited by smiteler; 01-28-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User

I believe I hear that 200 and under if u have HIV is when your get thrush...Plus It would be coating my throat and causing other issues after this amount of time...besides 2 time that I remember it has always been a tongue thing, 2 times I had small spot on back of throat then, they went away with salt water. If only the other crap would go away with salt water! I Hoping a doctor figures this out soon! I don't wanna go through another year like this! I dont think it HIV...Just sooooo frustrating when every numb nut I see brings it back up!

Last edited by Juslqqkin; 01-28-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
I believe I hear that 200 and under if u have HIV is when your get thrush...Plus It would be coating my throat and causing other issues after this amount of time...besides 2 time that I remember it has always been a tongue thing, 2 times I had small spot on back of throat then, they went away with salt water. If only the other crap would go away with salt water! I Hoping a doctor figures this out soon! I don't wanna go through another year like this! I dont think it HIV...Just sooooo frustrating when every numb nut I see brings it back up!
Buddy, your looking way to much into things. Somtimes we are ill for no reason other than its just a simple virus. The fact that salt water helped is good thing

From my own experince, and its up to you what you do from here onwards. Like you i had some health issues ( a few years ago ) and got caught up with doctors etc, and never got any better or to the cause of it.
One day i said stuff it, i didnt bother with the docs, eat well, no booze, loads of exercise and positive thinking and blow me all became well and all my symptoms went away. No idea what it all was, but i soon learned that WE create our health, either good or bad

Old 03-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #15
(male)

snowish HB User

Hello Juslqqkin,

I reviwed your treat with great interest because of similarities with my situation. During a questionable exposure I have had 10 HIV test during last 6 months all came out negative. But I have still white coating at the back of my tongue, pain and aches in the body and lessen degree of neuropathy in legs. I notices that CD4 count decline from 674 to 504 during last 3 months. Doctor says it is not important. but it doesn't help me calm down. Why is not going up but going down? It is below normal range.
What about you. Did you have any conforting explanations or remedy so far.
kindly and thanks to all comments

Closed Thread