It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
(female)

missy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB Usermissy1983 HB User
Im Back :-(

Hey guys..

So as most of you know what I have been through. And know that I tested negative at 3 months and 20 days past exposure. I thought that I would be ok but some things have kinda triggered my fears again. So My body pains are still here. My doctor have done tests but none of them came back positve so he still has no clue of whats going on with me. BUT thats not what triggered my fear. Its my Boyfriend, he became very sick and had to go to the hospital when they did the cat scan they saw that the lymph nodes in his stomach were swollen. They began to ask him about HIV and the last time he was tested and I began to worry. Do you think that there is a chance that I might have it and the test did not pick it up and now he has it??? The did not do the test there because they said that they dont do it there. Should I get tested again??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Im Back :-(

hi missy
your senerio would be very doubtful

i would be worrying about his test results and his status
not your status, unless you have had unprotected sex with him
since your test results.

has he been tested at all?
he could of had it all along and not infected you..
but that is just guessing
him getting tested will tell alot
he needs to do that before you know it is even hiv or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hiya Missy, im sorry to hear about your partner. Fingers crossed he is all ok.
Ok, to ease your mind. You had a no risk exposure, with somone who is more than likely HIV negative. Further more your tests were conclusive. So IF and i mean if although it could be many other illnesses than HIV, if it were, then it cannot be from you in any way or form.
I can understand your concerns, but you concern is more out of worry, guilt and love for your partner. You have no way gave your partner HIV or anything else ( if i remember you did a full STD health check? )

The hospital could do a HIV insti on him if they belive HIV is an issue, as for you, well i would say no, unless you have had any other exposuers

PLease dont worry, and all the best to your partner. If you need to chat etc, we are hear for you

Regards

Apollo

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 02-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
(female)

Hey
Ok while I was going through my scare he went with me one time on NOV 26th to test. it was at the department of health and they did the finger *****. I was not there when they gave him his results and he said that it came back negative. He has been the only person I had sex with for the past 2 years besides my breif encounter with the young lady in sept (oral only). My last test was done on dec 30th so I know from that point as far as my testing I am negative. As far as I know he told me he has not slept with anyone besides me in 2 years period. I dont know if he is lying or not. Do you guys think that he should get tested again? When I tried to get infomation on swollen lymph nodes of the stomach I could not find alot of infomation on it. I do wonder why they would not refer him to a place to get tested if that was a concern they had. More than one doctor had question him about his HIV status and this last test. What do you guys think?

Old 02-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
(female)

Oh @ apollo Yes I did a full STD check

Old 02-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Missy, many ( who have been here ) think any illness they have or their partner gets is HIV. The chances of this are very slim indeed.
I shall give you an example. A person who has night sweats ( real bad ones ) swollen nodes ( like your partner), joint pains and lose bowls and few other symptoms are all A typical of a HIV person, yes? Well that person is me. Im HIV negative. Im finally going for tests, infact i had some, just havnt called them yet ( im a chicken i know !! lol ) but my point is, symptoms mean nothing, only tests, but also, HIV is way down on the list as a probable cause.

I belive if the doctor thought he had HIV they would have tested for it. I would say, if you think he may have cheated then i would advise you to use protection and get him tested, but be carefull how you approach that, as if he hasnt he maybe offended.

I cant say if he should test or not, its a case of do you trust him or not?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
missy1983 (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

missy with those neg results in the bank
your worrys should be somewhere else and you should be
confident that you don't have hiv.

i think kevin said there were over 400 medical reasons for nodes
to swell and hiv is only one of them.
so relax on the hiv fears,
and focus on something else.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #8
(female)

I think I will ask him to test again. Not because I dont trust him but because I feel like he is looking at me funny because of what happened. And I dont want him to think I gave him anything. That makes me feel really bad and makes me remember and brings up feelings that I really dont want to feel.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1983 View Post
I think I will ask him to test again. Not because I dont trust him but because I feel like he is looking at me funny because of what happened. And I dont want him to think I gave him anything. That makes me feel really bad and makes me remember and brings up feelings that I really dont want to feel.
Well why not offer, that you both test together. That way you can put it across that your offering the option, and to show you did not pass anything on to him, but as a "couple" you both test and do it for support etc. If you both test, both negative results, then their are no issues regarding HIV Missy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
missy1983 (02-02-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 02:58 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Hi Missy,

I am sorry to hear your partner as health issues and I wish him a speedy recovery. I am equally sorry to hear that this as brought about health concerns for yourself. As for your HIV status, your tests were absolute you did not contract HIV from your exposure and there is no way you could have passed HIV onto your partner. There could be many reasons for your boyfriends ill health none of them related to HIV and the only advice I could offer you at this point, to simply put both your minds at ease, is to have another test. It is reasonable to state, based on what you have posted that neither of you will have HIV and then you can simply put this issue to bed once and for all. It is also reasonable to state that there is no way you, yourself, could have introduced HIV into your relationship.

If it is there, which to be honest is extemely unlikely, it did not come from you. I am of the opinion that your boyfriend was asked a general question regarding his health rather that a specific question and just the mention of HIV as triggered off your fears again. Please relax and again if you have any concerns the best option is for you both to get checked out.

Regards kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 02-03-2011 at 03:18 AM. Reason: typos

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
missy1983 (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 06:38 AM   #11
(female)

Thank you guys for all your help.
He really doesnt want to test again. He said he just got tested in November and he knows that he does not have it. So I guess we will just wait and see.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:09 AM   #12
Facilitator
(male)

Hi Missy, i guess for him and most men, we hate having tests. As he had a test in november and you was happy with the out come, then their is no reason ( in his mind ) to have that test. He may well just had a bug or somthing. What ever it is or was, its not from you

Old 02-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Thank you guys for all your help.
He really doesnt want to test again. He said he just got tested in November and he knows that he does not have it. So I guess we will just wait and see.
that is probably true...
missy
just keep in mind the doctors asking him about hiv
is them doing thier job,it does not mean much else
untill he is diagnosed with something.
it would make me feel good that they
are turning over every stone..
if they didn't mention it then i might be worried....

when i got sick, at the first 2 places i went to
what got me was
i was never asked about hiv
i wasn't tested for hiv.

i saw a few id doctors before i got diagnosed and
they were asking me if i went out of the country
if i owned an exotic pet.
why my insurance had lapsed
and why that was a bad thing..
they were more interested in getting paid
then figuring out what was wrong.

the drugs were making me better
so they didn't care about what caused it.
the thing was as soon as i was off the iv
and sent home
the pills i had wern't good enough
and i would get worse in a few days.

all i can tell you is hang in there
and if he is getting better and they release him
like they did me with drugs and no diagnosis
don't go home and take him to someplace else and keep digging
let us know how you make out
good luck

Old 02-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #14
(female)

So he had a follow up appointment this after noon and they took blood work and also tested for HIV. Im happy to hear that because I really wanted him to get one. More than likely he is negative but im just happy that it was done. He has another appointment there in a month so I dont know if he has to wait until then to get his results.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
So he had a follow up appointment this after noon and they took blood work and also tested for HIV. Im happy to hear that because I really wanted him to get one. More than likely he is negative but im just happy that it was done. He has another appointment there in a month so I dont know if he has to wait until then to get his results.
if his results are positive
they won't wait that long for him to return,
he will be called in.
hopefully his blood wiork will turn something up(besides hiv)
good luck

Closed Thread