It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #1
(male)

kap78 HB User
ARS or Something Else?

Hello,

I had unprotected exposure with a girl of unknown status 3 weeks ago.
have been worried since then. Asked the girl over phone and she told me that she tested day before and she is negative.

Since the start of this week (4th weeks) I came down with a flu like feeling.
Checked my temperature on Tuesday last week was 99.1 which subsided the following 2 days and came down to 98.4 for Wednesday and Thursday.
However on Friday, I had little temperature elevation again which was 98.9 for the most of the day and night.
On Saturday last night i had mild diarrhea in the form of watery stools once after meals but felt fine by night.
On Sunday, today, In morning I had mucousy bowel movement (Not WATERY or Diarrhea) and I was feeling bit dull again since morning with temperature going up till 98.8 again which was supposed to be below 98 as in mornings your body temperature is the lowest.
As the day passed today, that flu feeling seemed to get on my head and when i touched my forehead it was burning. I checked my temperature and it was 99.1 again. I had watery stools again after having my lunch.
Feeling very malaise since then as if there is no energy in my body.
I am very scared.
Is it Acute Infection symptoms or something else?
Can anyone make any comments?

Old 02-13-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: ARS or Something Else?

Hi there,

Please, please stop examining yourself, stop taking your temperature, stop looking at your bowel movements and stop reading sites that list symptoms of HIV. You cannot, nobody can, self diagnose HIV. Your HIV status can only be determined one way, through an HIV test. I would advise you go for one as soon as you can to determine your HIV status. Your HIV status will not and cannot be determined by the amount or lack of symptoms you may or may not have.

Please, please do not go down the road of listing your symptoms on an HIV forum in the hope that a daignosis can be offered, sorry it cannot, it is impossible to offer an online diagnosis of HIV based on your symptoms. Listing more and more symptoms and continually examining yourself does not make that impossibilty any more possible.

You do not even know if you were expossed to an HIV infection but if you are concerned then please go and get checked out. At four weeks an HIV test, which are very accurate, will detect an infection. I say this to you for your own sake, no more Googling " HIV symptoms", no more self examination. All your questions can be answered by having an HIV test.

Regards Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 02-13-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2011, 01:26 AM   #3
(male)

kap78 HB User

Hi Kevin,

I know you cannot judge the symptoms of the acute syndrome. the test can only tell your status. But just want some reassurance and to get the understanding I have questions for you.
I am not googling but I have gone through some posts related similar symptoms.
Most of them have asked about the amount of usual temperature which may be there, if at all the Symptoms occur in case of possible infection.

And is inconsistent watery stools relate anywhere in the ARS (Acute Syndrome).
I suspect if at all diarrhea happens it is for longer time and is consistent. but just want to know that what if?

Please reply!!

Old 02-13-2011, 01:28 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

The chances she was HIV+ is less than 1% of the population. The chances of getting HIV from one encounter is less than 1% per encounter. That said their is a risk of HIV.
Speculation is quite pointless, as nonone can tell your status from the internet.
If you can test with a HIV DUO, you results will be very much conclusive. You also need to test for STD's as they are much more common and easily transmitted than HIV.
You can go down the road of HIV parnoia, or get tested to end any speculation and concerns you may have

Best of luck

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 02-13-2011, 01:38 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi there,

If you have gone through other posts where symptoms are listed then you will be aware the advise given to the posters is also similar, irrespective of your symptoms nobody online will ever offer you an online diagnosis, sorry if you have any other impression. You can list symptoms from now until time ends and they will have no bearing on the outcome of an HIV test.

I am equally sorry for your suspisions and what ifs because they do not determine your HIV status. Please, buddy, if you are concerned then the only way to find out what is wrong is to go to a doctor and have an examination.

You clearly are concerned and I am offering you the only advise that can be offered on this forum or any other HIV forum, please go and get checked out. yes you did have a risk, you had unprotetced sex but you don't even know if the girl you was with even had HIV. You could be needlessly worrying over nothing, the only way to find out is to get checked out. It is now sunday, please make an appointment with a doctor tomorrow and get checked out, it really is that simple.

Regards Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 02-13-2011 at 01:47 AM. Reason: typos

Old 02-13-2011, 02:15 AM   #6
(male)

kap78 HB User

Hi Kevin & Apollo,

I know i had risk of exposure and You have given me figures for risks of exposures.

But here i am looking for figures of Fever possibilities and Diarrhea consistency.
Despite of the fact i came to know from the other posts that Fever is generally high and diarrhea is acute and till the duration of the symptoms which comes 2-4 weeks and stays for 1-2 weeks.

But here i am looking for the possibilities of having fever of 99 for 2 days out of the 3-4 days days of sickness and inconsistent diarrhea something similar to IBS.
If symptoms at all happens to occur?

Old 02-13-2011, 02:35 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Hi there,

You are either not reading or ignoring the advise that as been given to you. Only a doctor, in the real world who is qualified to examine you, can answer these questions. Only an HIV test will give you the answers you need.

So, is there some reason as to why you will not go and see a doctor and have an HIV test ?

Regards Kevin

Old 02-13-2011, 03:58 AM   #8
(male)

kap78 HB User

Hi Kevin,

I know i have to get tested to find out the cause but before getting tested i am looking for assaurance with your experience and along with many other people's experience that what are my odds?

How much fever is generally present if some body is going through ARS?
How many days does the diarrhea stay?
IF AT ALL happens?

Old 02-13-2011, 06:06 AM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap78 View Post
Hi Kevin,

I know i have to get tested Then do so, it ends speculation to find out the cause but before getting tested i am looking for assaurance with your experience and along with many other people's experience that what are my odds? I dont do the odds game. Its impossible as although you had a low risk encounter, their is a risk of HIV

How much fever is generally present if some body is going through ARS?
How many days does the diarrhea stay?
IF AT ALL happens?
HIV has many symptoms that mimic many other very common illnesses. Not everyone gets symptoms, and those that do vary from person to person.

So when are you going to test?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 02-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #10
(male)

kap78 HB User

I am trying to assess my symptoms and match it with the actual ARS and ask you is whether they look like ARS or close or any one can speculate pls?

I am planning to getting tested in 3 weeks time.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:20 AM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
I am trying to assess my symptoms and match it with the actual ARS Hey you will be the first person in medical history to diagnose themselves without testing. and ask you is whether they look like ARS or close or any one can speculate pls?Ok speculate away. Yes it look like ARS, but also stress, a stomach bug, food intolerance, simple infection. I would go on but im sure you get the point.

Ok, but for peace of mind and to stop you having this "ars" paranoia. I would test this week with a HIV DUO. The results will be in hours and 99% conclusive.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
I am trying to assess my symptoms and match it with the actual ARS and ask you is whether they look like ARS or close or any one can speculate pls?

Stop doing this. You have been told that you cannot diagnose HIV through symptoms. If you have no symptoms would you be content to say you were negative ? No you would test to be sure.

Please stop trying to self diagnose, it is impossible because there are no specific symptoms of HIV. As advised, test now, if your symptoms are HIV related you will test positive, if not you will be negative. This is how simple it really is.

Regards Kevin.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #13
(male)

kap78 HB User

Apollo,

I know what you are trying to convey.

But honestly i wouldn't have aid attention to it if i wouldn't have got these symptoms.

But most of the websites say that the symptoms continue at least 1 week and they have HIGH FEVER and RASH along with SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES.

What you are saying is they can be ARS..when i had fever till 99 the max for 2 days and diarrhea for 2 days.

I can understand that symptoms are no way to judge but what i am going through is something which i cant even match with ARS and cant even say that it is something else because i never got them before this. so its a bit strange to get them. Also I am getting Jock Itch when i sleep in the night.

Something is wrong.
Please give some feedback or tell me is that the typical signs.

Thanks

Old 02-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #14
Inactive
(male)

Quote:

Something is wrong.
Please give some feedback or tell me is that the typical signs.

Thanks
Yes it is pal and you should get off the net and go and see a doctor about it. This is the last response I will make to you as I will not get drawn into your endless speculation. You have been advised nobody online can tell you what is wrong with you, you have been advised the only way to find out what is wrong is to go and see a doctor. You have been told the only way to determine your HIV status is through an HIV test. You have been advised to stop trying to diagnose yourself. You have refused point blank to accept any of this advice.

Nobody here as any hidden knowledge that is being kept from you, which will suddenly surface if you keep repeating the same question over and over again. Until you help yourself, get tested and post the results of your test, then I will withdraw from this thread. For the last and final time, make an appointment to see a doctor and get tested and stop speculating. It is pointless and will not determine your HIV status. You cannot diagnose HIV by self examination. The amount or lack of symptoms you may or may not have cannot be used to determine your status.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 02-13-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Apollo,

I know what you are trying to convey.
no you don't!

if you did, you wouldn't STILL be asking about symptoms...
when you are trying to figure out if you have hiv
there are 2 things you go by

1.risk factor
2.test results
those are the things that will tell you
if you got hiv or not.
the risk factor will only tell you if the possibility exists and
the test result will be the determining factor.

everything else is a waste of time and your resources
so you can ask about symptoms all you want,
all you will get back is someone's speculation and nothing more.

if you want to know, get tested
if you want to guess, keep asking about your symptoms...
thats your choices

Closed Thread