It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
(male)

rakeshkumar HB User
please help

hi, i am from india..im sorry, am not fluent in english. my sister got married 1 year 6 months back. her husband tested 15 days back( on march 1st) ,in his reports he got hiv positive.. the next day my sister is also tested and she got negative in her report.she told me that there is no encounter in the last month. now she is looking to give divorce to him and start new life. they have no children.i know that there is a 3 months test....what is the test to be conducted after 3 months? is there any chance for a person to get positive after 3 months even if he/she got negative in the previous test? me & my parents are worried about her life. please help me

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: rakeshkumar
fjeeva001 (06-23-2011), guyfromnorth (03-18-2011), MollyGleeson (04-20-2011)
Old 03-18-2011, 12:46 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: please help

Hiya, im sorry to hear about your sisters situation.
Well your sisters negative test has some reassurance, but for the test to be conclusive, it will need to be 3 months from her last exposure. Any approved FDA test ( Insti, elisa, Duo, ora gold etc) will be fine and conclusive. As for the outcome regarding her first test, well its impossible to say unless you know when their last encounter was. Your doctor or the HIV clinic will only use FDA tests, so you dont need to worry on that matter.

I hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2011, 02:49 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

I am really sorry to hear that buddy.
But as Apollo says your sister's negative test is somewhat assuring and as every one would believe here that HIV is very hard virus to catch but yes Risk was there. Most likely, she dodged the bullet.

So just have faith in God and most probably she will be fine. We all will pray to God for the well being for your family.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

just so he understands you don't just turn positive on a test after some time.
you either have hiv or you don't.
the only reason you are told to wait to test is so
the infection can grow big enough to find.
it doesn't suddenly appear from nowhere.
it is there from the moment you are infected

the test so far says no
most likely that is what the next test will be.
good luck

Last edited by smiteler; 03-18-2011 at 04:54 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
rakeshkumar (05-29-2011)
Old 03-18-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Smiteler,

he said his sister tested negative after 4 weeks(1 month) without exposure as per what she says. so we can think she has the 4 weeks negative which is good indication.

But the guideline is 3 months which most probably will be fine.
So he needs to hang on there and so his family with fingers crossed and having faith in God and in HIV experts like yourself and others here on this forum.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

It is not at all unusual for a partner of an infected person to remain negative after several months or even years. Your sister's negative test ruled out over a year's worth of exposures, so that is very encouraging. The odds are on her side that she will test negative again.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
rakeshkumar (05-29-2011)
Old 03-26-2011, 05:41 AM   #7
(male)

rakeshkumar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Hiya, im sorry to hear about your sisters situation.
Well your sisters negative test has some reassurance, but for the test to be conclusive, it will need to be 3 months from her last exposure. Any approved FDA test ( Insti, elisa, Duo, ora gold etc) will be fine and conclusive. As for the outcome regarding her first test, well its impossible to say unless you know when their last encounter was. Your doctor or the HIV clinic will only use FDA tests, so you dont need to worry on that matter.

I hope that helps
hi.. thanx for ur reply. yesterday also my sister is tested , by the god's grace she is negative.previous test did on march 2nd which shown as negative. i am sure that there is no exposure in the last 6 week's. doctor told me that the test name is quantitative test which is very accurate. but still i am worried about 3 months test.....

Old 03-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hiya. A week test is a very good sign, so in terms of worry you should feel good about the situation. The next test is unlikley to change, so i wouldnt worry to much now. A 6 week test from exposure with that test is very reasuring. Your next test i would expect to be negative as well.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshkumar View Post
hi.. thanx for ur reply. yesterday also my sister is tested , by the god's grace she is negative.previous test did on march 2nd which shown as negative. i am sure that there is no exposure in the last 6 week's. doctor told me that the test name is quantitative test which is very accurate. but still i am worried about 3 months test.....

Hi Rakesh,

Its very good news and we are all happy for you and your sister.

For your information, The average time to seroconversion is 22 days.
All but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the HIV virus.

Despite the situation of your sister's experience, with that series of negative test results, it is likely you are going to continue to test negative at 13 weeks.

It seems that she dodged the bullet and as joggen mentioned, It is not at all unusual for a partner of an infected person to remain negative after several months or even years.

Good luck with your sisters last and conclusive test. It will be more likely the same result. Negative.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

that is good news for your sister!!!
and AGAIN it shows
hiv is just a wee bit harder to get then alot of people think!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #11
(male)

rakeshkumar HB User

Thanks 2 all of you for ur support and replies. from that day that is march2nd (her husbands repots came as +ve) my sister is now with me n my family in our home only. we r planing for the 3 months test after may 10th bcoz she said there is no exposure from feb month first week. is three months test is final & conclusive ? or also we have to do test after 6 months ? my one more question is , in "hiv 1 & 2 anti bodies test" the report given as "non reactive" means negative or not detected. am i right? sorry for asking like this , i dont know ....thats y.........

Old 04-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #12
Veteran
(male)

RK,

thats good news that your sister is with you and your family in safe situation.

and Yes! Non Reactive means Negative and completely healthy.
Further advice, 6 months testing is only for those people who are already immuno compromised, long time IV drug user or on long term chemeotherapy else expect your sister's any tests from now on to be negative too.

Cheers!!

Last edited by guyfromnorth; 04-19-2011 at 08:05 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to guyfromnorth For This Useful Post:
rakeshkumar (05-29-2011)
Old 04-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #13
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Thanks 2 all of you for ur support and replies. from that day that is march2nd (her husbands repots came as +ve) my sister is now with me n my family in our home only. we r planing for the 3 months test after may 10th bcoz she said there is no exposure from feb month first week. is three months test is final & conclusive ? Yes 3 months with todays tests are fully conclusive. or also we have to do test after 6 months ? Nomy one more question is , in "hiv 1 & 2 anti bodies test" the report given as "non reactive" means negative or not detected. am i right? Modern tests will test for HIV 1 and 2. The results are either positive or negative. Its as simplemas that. So far all is looking good for her, fingers crossed the next set will remain negative to. sorry for asking like this , i dont know ....thats y.........

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
rakeshkumar (05-29-2011)
Old 05-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #14
(male)

rakeshkumar HB User
Smile Re: please help

Hi, Thanks for ur great support and replies. my sister's 3 months test ( exactly 14 weeks from exposure) done three days back and the result came today as NEGATIVE. im feeling much relief now.my sister n parents r also happy & feeling much relief now.

Her test results: at 4 weeks: Westren blot : Negative
6 weeks: Pcr : Negative
14 weeks : P24 Antigen : Negative
14 weeks : Pcr : Negative .

My questions are is pcr & p24 antigen tests are fully conclusive after three months? is 3 months test is conclusive? any other tests needed now or after 6 months? can we believe that she is 100% negative even after living with a hiv person more than 1 year ?

thank you

Old 05-29-2011, 06:47 AM   #15
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Hi, Thanks for ur great support and replies. my sister's 3 months test ( exactly 14 weeks from exposure) done three days back and the result came today as NEGATIVE. im feeling much relief now.my sister n parents r also happy & feeling much relief now.

Her test results: at 4 weeks: Westren blot : Negative
6 weeks: Pcr : Negative
14 weeks : P24 Antigen : Negative
14 weeks : Pcr : Negative .

My questions are is pcr & p24 antigen tests are fully conclusive after three months? is 3 months test is conclusive? any other tests needed now or after 6 months? can we believe that she is 100% negative even after living with a hiv person more than 1 year ?

thank you
Hiya its only GOOD news.

She is HIV negative, all 4 shows have proved that. The 14 week test is 100%.
A PCR and a DUO together leaves no doudt she dose NOT have HIV
Their are no more tests that are required. Dispite the scare, the test results are 100% conclusive and the tests you have taken are best on the market.

So its great news to your sister and family. All is well buddy

Hope that helps, and regards

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
rakeshkumar (05-29-2011)
Closed Thread