It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: los angeles
Posts: 103
1chance HB User
Still Worried

In these past few weeks i have been trying my hardest to forget about HIV, i thought my worries would be over few weeks ago after my 82 day HIV 1 home access test. I been told that HIV 2 is very very rare and wouldnt be a concern. However I continue to battle with these challenges of moving on because these symptoms still remain. I know the symptoms should only occur during the early stage but certain symptoms are scaring me, the swollen lympe node for about 2 weeks, I have been feeling tired /fatique and just today i noticed rashes in the elbow. The rash seems to be made up of non itchy small, dark bumps, slightly raised. I know ARS is not happining all again but certai of these symptoms such as the nodes and rashes i been told can reappear in later stage.

You guys been alot of help and i have learned alot from you guys and felt assure that i would be ok after 82 days but these strange symptoms seem to never stop. If this was not caught at 82 days can there be a possiblities for HIV 2 or delayed late seroconversion. I have read on some people who mentioned to late seroconvert and claim to be healthy person and not on PEP or anyother medications. In this final stage its coming all back again, can some one please explain whats going on.

Last edited by 1chance; 03-18-2011 at 01:01 AM.

 
Old 03-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)
 
guyfromnorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 470
guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User
Re: Still Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chance View Post
In these past few weeks i have been trying my hardest to forget about HIV, i thought my worries would be over few weeks ago after my 82 day HIV 1 home access test. I been told that HIV 2 is very very rare and wouldnt be a concern. However I continue to battle with these challenges of moving on because these symptoms still remain. I know the symptoms should only occur during the early stage but certain symptoms are scaring me, the swollen lympe node for about 2 weeks, I have been feeling tired /fatique and just today i noticed rashes in the elbow. The rash seems to be made up of non itchy small, dark bumps, slightly raised. I know ARS is not happining all again but certai of these symptoms such as the nodes and rashes i been told can reappear in later stage.

You guys been alot of help and i have learned alot from you guys and felt assure that i would be ok after 82 days but these strange symptoms seem to never stop. If this was not caught at 82 days can there be a possiblities for HIV 2 or delayed late seroconversion. I have read on some people who mentioned to late seroconvert and claim to be healthy person and not on PEP or anyother medications. In this final stage its coming all back again, can some one please explain whats going on.
Dude!! i have very little to NONE knowledge about the subject and you might be aware i was in the scare of it myself for the reason of on going symptoms.
As far as i got knowledge from here from Apollo, smiteler, Kev, Joggen, they would all say and i think to a great extent it is true as well that Home Testing kit is FDA approved. so Test at 82 days is conclusive.

I dotn know about HIV 2 and its prevalence on where you live but i would say you are the best person as you live there. But for the test you can be assaured.

I got 15 weeks including 4 weeks on PEP Negative and still having symptoms like Headache, Diarrhea (on and off), Eye Ache, Tiredness but i guess to a great extent that these may be due to Stress and over all these effects of paranoi will go slowly as your body has taken it for 82 days which is long enough so do symptoms to carry that long.

I am planning to see some Health Specialist for my Symptoms as i am almost convinced that its not HIV. but i agree with you Worry is worry.

Hope that helps.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 03-18-2011, 04:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 3,890
smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Still Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chance View Post
If this was not caught at 82 days can there be a possiblities for HIV 2 or delayed late seroconversion. .
seeing this obviously you have been reading on the internet
for information
i have some GOOD news for you!!!
that information is WRONG AND OUTDATED.
all of the tests today look for hiv2!
serconversion will always happen before 6 weeks!
anything that says otherwise is WRONG
there for the information you are believing is WRONG.
the problem for you is not hiv
it is understanding if what you are reading is valid or not.
go have a beer
you are hiv negative.

 
Old 03-18-2011, 05:31 AM   #4
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: johannesburg
Posts: 28
terror HB User
Talking Re: Still Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
seeing this obviously you have been reading on the internet
for information
i have some GOOD news for you!!!
that information is WRONG AND OUTDATED.
all of the tests today look for hiv2!
serconversion will always happen before 6 weeks!
anything that says otherwise is WRONG
there for the information you are believing is WRONG.
the problem for you is not hiv
it is understanding if what you are reading is valid or not.
go have a beer
you are hiv negative.

 
Old 03-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #5
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: johannesburg
Posts: 28
terror HB User
Re: Still Worried

Please Dude,listen to what Smiteler is saying,go and have a jol,have a great jol,u are -,what more do you want to hear,trust me i drank beer in celebration over my results.

 
Old 03-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: los angeles
Posts: 103
1chance HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfromnorth View Post
Dude!! i have very little to NONE knowledge about the subject and you might be aware i was in the scare of it myself for the reason of on going symptoms.
As far as i got knowledge from here from Apollo, smiteler, Kev, Joggen, they would all say and i think to a great extent it is true as well that Home Testing kit is FDA approved. so Test at 82 days is conclusive.

I dotn know about HIV 2 and its prevalence on where you live but i would say you are the best person as you live there. But for the test you can be assaured.

I got 15 weeks including 4 weeks on PEP Negative and still having symptoms like Headache, Diarrhea (on and off), Eye Ache, Tiredness but i guess to a great extent that these may be due to Stress and over all these effects of paranoi will go slowly as your body has taken it for 82 days which is long enough so do symptoms to carry that long.

I am planning to see some Health Specialist for my Symptoms as i am almost convinced that its not HIV. but i agree with you Worry is worry.

Hope that helps.
I agree worry is worry but you are a very lucky person to have had the oppertunity to get PEPs which will automatically reduce your chance and second to have had the partner get tested to be negative. At the same time to have a scare like this is also a blessing to have learned a valuable lesson. I just hope i can celebrate like you because i just pray i will make it in my last real test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
seeing this obviously you have been reading on the internet
for information
i have some GOOD news for you!!!
that information is WRONG AND OUTDATED.
all of the tests today look for hiv2!
serconversion will always happen before 6 weeks!
anything that says otherwise is WRONG
there for the information you are believing is WRONG.
the problem for you is not hiv
it is understanding if what you are reading is valid or not.
go have a beer
you are hiv negative.
THank you, believe Smiteler the first thing i did that day i got my result was get a beer and few more drinks. It was an exciting feeling only to last few days just for these things to occur, its like telling me hold on you're not off the leach yet. Since my 4th week test i have never taken a real test at a doctors office all have been through home access and now im ready to make this final test at a doctor office i know thats the way i can only be sure.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-28-2011 at 07:04 PM.

 
Old 03-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)
 
guyfromnorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 470
guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User
Re: Still Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chance View Post
I agree worry is worry but you are a very lucky person to have had the oppertunity to get PEPs which will automatically reduce your chance. It Does PREVENT it or DOES NOT. so there is nothing in between with PEP. Plus it has loads of side effects as well. you can read a post on the TOP of the List posted as a Sticky.
and second to have had the partner get tested to be negative.
At the same time to have a scare like this is also a blessing to have learned a valuable lesson. BINGO there. I give you 100% marks on that.
I just hope i can celebrate like you because i just pray i will make it in my last real test. As i said you can start celebrating from now on. Because i am extremely sure that you are fine with your testing history.
Mate I would say My First Step to testing was scary. After that my scare started vanishing after i got my first test Negative. But yes i wouldn't deny that i was Worried but not that much, also that said, i was just taking other factors in consideration after 8 weeks Negative Post PEP Other possibilities. BUT i was 75% sure that I have dodged the bullet.

And i Expect YOU to do the same and be sure that you will be fine.
Dude!! 82 Days means The ORDEAL is over. and if you will believe me which i think you wont that If and Only IF i would have got 82 days negative without PEP, i would have forgot about it. that's why i got tested again just to GOLD STAMP it.

Mate!! Take my words You will be fine. so Have one Extra Beer from my side and next time Cover yourself before entering the DEN and you have nothing to worry. Good Luck

Last edited by guyfromnorth; 03-18-2011 at 12:56 PM.

 
Old 03-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: US
Posts: 573
SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: Still Worried

You are at the point now where it is an anxiety issue. You cannot possibly have HIV- tests have proven that. If every symptom from now on will worry that you have HIV, you need to seek help. There were illnesses, symptoms, and whatever long before HIV.

You need to let it go. You do not have HIV. If all the convincing here, and the accurate modern tests cannot convince you, please seek help. Really. Life is far too short to worry yourself sick o er something that you do not have.

 
Old 03-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #9
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: los angeles
Posts: 103
1chance HB User
Re: Still Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
You are at the point now where it is an anxiety issue. You cannot possibly have HIV- tests have proven that. If every symptom from now on will worry that you have HIV, you need to seek help. There were illnesses, symptoms, and whatever long before HIV.

You need to let it go. You do not have HIV. If all the convincing here, and the accurate modern tests cannot convince you, please seek help. Really. Life is far too short to worry yourself sick o er something that you do not have.
I would agree with you 100% if these specific signs didnt come up. If it was any other sypmtoms beside these followings; Swollen Lympe nodes lasting longer than 2weeks, rashes and feeling of fatique/tiredness i wouldnt have worried. According to many researchs i have read certain signs are identified in the asymptotic phase, these article have stated that some doctors will order HIV tests on patients with persistant swollen lympe node as that can be one possible sign. I understand there is no specific sign that says you are infected however it is known fact that one and few signs is commonly experianced after ARS during the early stage after seroconversion.

Last edited by 1chance; 03-18-2011 at 06:36 PM.

 
Old 03-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,783
blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Still Worried

Given the length of time, 12 weeks, that as passed since your exposure there is no reason (not as though there is any valid reason for you not to have done so before this point) for you not to go and seek professional medical help and stop speculating online as to whether you have HIV or not.

I would advise you, please, seek professional help and discuss your ailments and HIV concerns with a doctor.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 03-18-2011 at 05:57 PM.

 
Old 03-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)
 
guyfromnorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 470
guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User
Re: Still Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chance View Post
I would agree with you 100% Then why you doubting your results buddy! Its Either you have HIV or You have NOT which your tests told you.
if these specific signs didnt come up. If it was any other sypmtoms beside these followings; Swollen Lympe nodes lasting longer than 2weeks, rashes and feeling of fatique/tiredness i wouldnt have worried.

According to many researchs i have read certain signs are identified in the asymptotic phase, these article have stated that some doctors will order HIV tests on patients with persistant swollen lympe node as that can be one possible sign. I understand there is no specific sign that says you are infected however it is known fact that one and few signs is commonly experianced after ARS during the early stage after seroconversion.
You have been told so many times that symptoms are no way to speculate that You are HIV or NOT only a blood test is and that's what the reason is I went to test myself along with the girl at 12 Weeks and then again Myself alone @ 15 weeks. I was getting all weird symptoms which i never had in my life. I still have some but i don't even think about HIV even for a sec. as by the grace of the God i found this board to take support and help from and i believed them. I just went for testing for the peace of my mind. I agree that you are getting anxious about your 13 weeks test (WHICH is not required) and if you do take it .. Rest assured they will be the same. few days wont make them otherwise.

I will tell you how i could put it behind after my final test. I am experiencing symptoms the same way i used to experience which i thought was ARS and it started between 2-3 weeks NOT before Not After and listen to this I was told by people like Smiteler, Apollo, Kevin and others the same thing which i am telling you now. they told me If it would have been ARS in ANY WAY or FORM I would have been tested Positive but see I am negative at 15 weeks.

Even if you take out 4 weeks on PEP out of that which leaves me with 11 weeks which is little earlier than 13 weeks Window period. But i am not going to test again as i am rest assured that its fine because of who? Only these people. these people are not wasting their time here. they are here to help and support worried wells like us and what we do is ignore them and continue with our stories. This should not roll like this.

So if you have come here with the hope to get support then take the support.
If you have come here to get assurance then cherish it instead of ignoring it.
If you are here to get help then they are all here to help you in any way or form.

But do something mate.

Your 12 weeks test is good enough. so Lock it and Run to Life.

Anyways mate i am done making you understand. I would repeat the same thing that if you still cannot believe your results then you really need to see professional buddy.

Because the state you are in can cause you more damage than HIV.


Last edited by guyfromnorth; 03-18-2011 at 06:56 PM.

 
Old 03-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: US
Posts: 573
SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: Still Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chance View Post
I would agree with you 100% if these specific signs didnt come up. If it was any other sypmtoms beside these followings; Swollen Lympe nodes lasting longer than 2weeks, rashes and feeling of fatique/tiredness i wouldnt have worried.
Then you missed the point of my post. It does not matter what symptoms come up, YOU TESTED NEGATIVE FOR HIV!!! When you have "symptoms" in one year and 5,000 tests from now, you will still be convinced you have HIV? I have rashes right now on my scalp.....its winter time and it happens. My tailbone is killing me.....must be HIV, right? Fatigue, tiredness? Did it ever occur to you that that is a result of the relentless anxiety you have been subjecting yourself to over this nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chance View Post
According to many researchs i have read certain signs are identified in the asymptotic phase, these article have stated that some doctors will order HIV tests on patients with persistant swollen lympe node as that can be one possible sign. .
There lies your problem. You are hunting around online to find ANYTHING that can justify your irrational fears. You can find anything you want if you look hard enough. Post your fears to Dr HHH- I bet you have already, and you dismissed his suggestions as well- see what he says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chance View Post
I understand there is no specific sign that says you are infected .

I'll tell you one specific sign that you are NOT infected....wait for it.....A NEGATIVE BLOOD TEST(TESTS in your case). Your fears and obsession over this are so completely irrational....everyone here has told you this. How many tests will be enough? The answer is none, because this is in your head. Seek some help buddy, the sooner you do the sonner you can come back down to earth .

I've been there. I convinced myself I had HIV over a nearly nil-risk exposure. I was even irrational enough where I started to make plans of how to tell my family, and how I would cover the expenses of it. I look back at and laugh at what a fool I was to have worried myself that much over nothing. If you cannot accept the FACT that you are not infected, you need to deal with the mental reason why you cannot. if you do not, I can guarantee you you will be questioning symptoms you have for the rest of your life, because i am sure you can find research showing seroconversions taking decades to happen.

Good luck, buddy. .

Last edited by SOTM; 03-18-2011 at 09:43 PM.

 
Old 03-19-2011, 12:10 AM   #13
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: los angeles
Posts: 103
1chance HB User
Re: Still Worried

I got your point buddy and understand what you mean some of us will be overlly worried for no reason and i have done that and typically im a person that doesnt panic or worries. But when carefully analyzing what has happened through out these months makes me wonder possible causes while stress can be a fctor on some cases. But i have also done alot of researched and read alot on this subject to try to understand whats happening. And i can assure you not all can be caused by stress as swollen lympe node would mostly relate to some kind of bacteria or virus infection. Adding to that fact the risk was real and the worst part is all symptoms of ARS within the 2-4 weeks. but the result of my tests and the advises of the experts were all very helpful to have helped me move on and exclude HIV as my worry. Yes took a 8 week then a 11.5 weeks test and was satisfied. However these things happen, not sure if its just me but my case seems to differentiate now from many because i now have these symptoms that are sometimes experianced by people after conversion. And i have read on some cases that this was a sign apparent on certain people who unfortuneteally tested positive and this was after 12 weeks. Typically all were worried about symptoms as they experainced similar issue. I also agree to believe everyone that 12 weeks being a gold stamp which gives all reason to celebrate but i also have began to understand how complex and puzzling it is to understand HIV as it will always very one person to another.

Last edited by 1chance; 03-19-2011 at 12:21 AM.

 
Old 03-19-2011, 06:10 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 3,890
smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Still Worried

hiv is not complex and puzzling as you are concluding!!!
it is cut and dry... its 2011!!

the only thing complex and puzzling thing is finding legit
information about it on the internet!
old, outdated, opinions instead of facts
does not get erased,once on the internet it is there forever.

google could care less how valid the page is
that you are looking at.

the only way for your fears to go away is you
to accept this fact i mention above about misinformation
and listen to the people who have the experiance
and have been around hiv a while.

you are not going to convince anyone here you have hiv
or even that you still have the possibilty of having it.

people show me many many links all of the time trying to
convince me of alot of things you are afraid of.

every link i have read leaves me with more questions about the
circumstance and facts about what they are saying
then telling me anything that has real substance
that you could draw a conclusion from.

i know this from being involved in studies first hand
i get interrogated extensively when i am in a study.
these links i read are all too sloppy, they overlook
alot of variables, that could have an effect on the outcome.

like i said before and i will repeat

your problem is not hiv
your problem is recognizing legit info.

 
Old 03-19-2011, 06:35 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: US
Posts: 573
SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: Still Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chance View Post
I Adding to that fact the risk was real and the worst part is all symptoms of ARS within the 2-4 weeks. .
Symptoms of ARS? You mean symptoms that you have convinced yourself must be from ARS. The whole world of problems and illnesses in our bodies does not stop just because you had sex. What I am saying is that you cannot automatically label anything out of the ordinary you feel as ARS just because it happened after you had what you consider a high risk sex act. But thats the other problem, it was a miniscule risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chance View Post
but the result of my tests and the advises of the experts were all very helpful to have helped me move on and exclude HIV as my worry. Yes took a 8 week then a 11.5 weeks test and was satisfied. However these things happen, not sure if its just me but my case seems to differentiate now from many because i now have these symptoms .
Then the advice of experts was not helpful, because you have deemed yourself some kind of anomaly. You are not. Any legitimate expert nowadays will tell you that you are in the clear, especially when you factor in the itty bitty risk you had had....along the lines of winning the lottery. But you keep searching the internet for symptoms and confirmation of your fears......despite EVERY expert saying that is THE worst thing you can do. SYMPTOMS MEAN NOTHING......You had 2 negative, modern test! That is ALL that matters!
This is the third thread you have started.....if that does not tell you this is all in your head IDK what will. It is common in this forum....look down the threads, you will see things like "doomed" "my life is over", etc. All people- like you- that had convinced themselves that they are HIV+.

I had one final test just shy of 12 weeks myself, striclty to put the nail in the coffin of any possible lingering fears. I did not gt tested for just that, it was part of my yearly physical, so i tacked it on. Negative. I knew that it would be, despite me having various rashes, sore joints, naseau, or whatever. Why? Because I let go of the irrational anxiety that makes you obsess over every little hiccup, trying to convince yourself it was HIV.

Stop poking around and over thinking. Stop looking online. STOP WORRYING. If you had HIV, the tests would have been psoitive, because the symptoms you experienced would be your body reacting to HIV.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Worried to death ( 9 weeks) test came back negative. Should I still be worried petrifiedgal26 HIV Prevention 7 10-06-2010 11:34 AM
still stressed & worried panic5656 HIV Prevention 2 05-19-2009 06:41 AM
still worried lizzy27 HIV Prevention 24 01-29-2009 03:15 PM
still worried and not sure what to do.. worried1234 HIV Prevention 10 02-06-2007 10:51 PM
Still worried AAAHHHH! johhny5 HIV Prevention 3 01-11-2007 05:12 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Apollo123 (887), blokecalledkev (443), smiteler (430), joggen (174), SOTM (96), guyfromnorth (50), Kszan (25), capehatteras (10), NervousNelly1 (10), nyxin (9)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1011), Apollo123 (909), Titchou (856), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (761), ladybud (755), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!