It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
(male)

Worriedguy84 HB User
Supposedly low risk or no risk but symptoms!

In this post I will be 100% honest and accurate on my encounter, suspicions, symptoms, and irrational thoughts.

Sexual encounter:
23 Days ago I enaged in some sexual acts with a transsexual. From what I understand that's a high risk group. Those sexual acts include the following:

1) Me being fingered for a total of possibly 25 minutes.
Suspicion: She(he) might have intentionally dipped their precum into my anus, and their actual *** after they came. I'm not sure since I had my back turned but at times I felt a lot of wetness that I doubt could've been due to just spit. I also suspect a cut on her finger, or needle sized hole(like a diabetetic test hole or finger stick. I have no eveidence for the cuts or fingerstick on her finger, it is a product of my fear possibly, and my attempt to make sense of the symptoms I have. See below for symptoms.

2) Insertive anal sex WITH a condom. I entered her(him) with a condom.
Suspicion: We were constantly removing condoms, and putting others on. But even though I didn't see any condom failure, I think maybe it did at one point due to my symptoms at 2 weeks. My mind maybe making me think things. Mind fabricates fear.I wonder about what if condom had a needle sized hole in it. She kept fidgeting with the tip of the condom at times, and refused to use lots of lube. She said she was just checking the condom peri odically.

3) Insertive, unprotected oral sex. I inserted my penis in her(his) mouth, ejaculated outside the mouth, but they quickly lapped on and cleaned it after I ejaculated. I'am uncircumsized.
Suspicion: HIV Counselor asked me if I had insertive oral sex with her, as part of his questionaire. He also asked if I ejaculated. I traditionally believe oral poses no risk for the insertive partner, but being asked those questions have made me feel really uneasy. A product of my possible paranoia.

4) Heavy kissing.
Paranoid thought: Maybe I'm that rare case that catches it form kissing.

I spoke to people on the net after this exposure and was told I don't need PEP for this exposure.

Symptoms:
All was well after this encounter though I did see a bruise-like spot on my belt line, hours after. It last 3 weeks, very odd.

At exactly 14 days(2 weeks) after exposure I had a mouth sore, which lasted about 4 days maybe 5. That same day, I felt fatigue that is on and off until today(23 days past exposure). Suspicion: I first dismissed the fatigue and weakness as just me being tired, cause I had been very active that week and had been getting maybe 6 hours of sleep a night. But also think now it might have been ARS.

At day 15 or 16 I noticed a rash on my chest, and upper abdominal(where stomach meets the chest). It looked like small red circles. IF they were at all raised they were VERY slighty raised. When I noticed the rash it itched VERY, and I mean VERY lightly. Suspicion: I know that the ARS rash is not itchy, so maybe I imagined it being itchy to feel less fearful. What is worse, I read some sites that said the ARS rash is "slighty itchy." This has to be by far the scariest symptom, as I hardly ever get rashes and when I do it isn't like this. That and the fact it happened at week 2, which is on par with ARS symptoms.

On days 17 and 18 I had chills, and nightsweats. On day 18 I had a bad headache, and I mean bad. And felt hot throughout my body. But no fever. Suspicion: I brushed the headache off as due to the stress, as by this time I'm starting to seriously freak out. The hot feeling in my body was due to the blood that was rushing through it, as I was going through a panic and beginning an anxiety attack.

On days 17 and 18 I also had a pain in my mid left abdominal. It seemed to come and go between those days. I think they were relieved by passing gas, and perhaps my position. Could be a sign of Irratable Bowel Syndrome or not. What if this is a sign of ARS?

On day 18 I couldn't sleep, constantly waking up every 15~30 minutes. I still had a headache, as well as nausea. I had the urge to vomit but kept it in, as that day I didn't eat much. Suspicion: Not sleeping was due to stress as that is not an ARS symptom. Headache was possibly stress but then again, I'm stressed out right now but don't have a headache. Nausea might have been stress but just like the headache, I'm stressed now but don't have nausea.

I tested on day 18, 19, and 20 via antibody test. All results were negative but as we all know, window period is 12 weeks. On 20 or 21 I had a mild sore throat. Suspicion: Possibly due to acid reflux, as I suffer from it. I have had little or no food in my stomach, and that sometimes causes acid to come up my esophogeaus, burn my throat, and give me a sore throat. On day 22, I had another antibody test done, as well as a PCR and tested for all other STDs. Counselor calls my encounter low risk, and highly doubts I would get infected from this encounter. Suspicion: His comforting words were just to keep me relaxed as I was already being tested, and he wouldn't want to panic me more unncessarily. He figured he would let the doctor give me bad news if anything, and save himself the trouble. Maybe he justified that by thinking, "Only the tests are what matter, nothing else."

The other person:
I asked the person I had the encounter with whether or not they were positive, and they said, "No. I would have spots on me if I were." That dumb*** reply really scared me.

I called them up on day 22, and told them about my possible symptoms. They seemed totally fine with what I was telling them. In fact, they quickly took a defensive stance saying, "If anything I got it from YOU!" That really scared me to death. Here I'am telling this person I have symptoms, and they are more worried about who gave it to who rather than the actual situation itself.

They then said that we were protected. I said, "Not when I inserted my penis in your mouth." They then said in a very robotic, emotionless way, "I don't remember that." My heart fell to the floor. It was as if they were protecting themself from being implicated as an HIV serial killer. Now, again, I'm a firm believer that HIV isn't transmitted via unprotected insertive oral sex. But this reaction of her(his), along with my symptoms, make me feel as if my other suspicions are all true. She might have inserted her *** via finger inside me, she might have poked a hole in a rubber, etc. Or perhaps I may have some serious mental issues. I see it both way right now.

What's worse is that they were evasive about getting tested together, and was more worried about me telling other people than the possibility that they have HIV. Making me feel as if they KNOW they are already infected!

Final Thoughts:
I have looked up many things on the web. And I have found some, not many, stories of people having all or most symptoms and yet being negative. Only issue is that none have been so on point as what I've described above. The time of occurance, the symptoms! The counselor did tell me that the most common symptoms would be a really bad flu and sore throat. None of which I've had. But that damn rash is scary. Heard that rash comes with fever. Heard it comes with mouth ulcers(in my case it did, and somewhere in the web it said it's very indicative).

Looking at everything I've said, what do you guys think? Please be totally honest. And thank you for reading!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User
Re: Supposedly low risk or no risk but symptoms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriedguy84 View Post
In this post I will be 100% honest and accurate on my encounter, suspicions, symptoms, and irrational thoughts.

Sexual encounter:
23 Days ago I enaged in some sexual acts with a transsexual. From what I understand that's a high risk group. Those sexual acts include the following:

1) Me being fingered for a total of possibly 25 minutes.
Suspicion: She(he) might have intentionally dipped their precum into my anus, and their actual *** after they came. I'm not sure since I had my back turned but at times I felt a lot of wetness that I doubt could've been due to just spit. I also suspect a cut on her finger, or needle sized hole(like a diabetetic test hole or finger stick. I have no eveidence for the cuts or fingerstick on her finger, it is a product of my fear possibly, and my attempt to make sense of the symptoms I have. See below for symptoms.
No Risk for HIV

2) Insertive anal sex WITH a condom. I entered her(him) with a condom.
Suspicion: We were constantly removing condoms, and putting others on. But even though I didn't see any condom failure, I think maybe it did at one point due to my symptoms at 2 weeks. My mind maybe making me think things. Mind fabricates fear.I wonder about what if condom had a needle sized hole in it. She kept fidgeting with the tip of the condom at times, and refused to use lots of lube. She said she was just checking the condom peri odically.

Condom Sex = Protected Sex= No Risk For HIV

3) Insertive, unprotected oral sex. I inserted my penis in her(his) mouth, ejaculated outside the mouth, but they quickly lapped on and cleaned it after I ejaculated. I'am uncircumsized.
Suspicion: HIV Counselor asked me if I had insertive oral sex with her, as part of his questionaire. He also asked if I ejaculated. I traditionally believe oral poses no risk for the insertive partner, but being asked those questions have made me feel really uneasy. A product of my possible paranoia.

Oral Sex Carries no Risk for HIV again

4) Heavy kissing.
Paranoid thought: Maybe I'm that rare case that catches it form kissing.
NIL and you wont be the first one in History to contract HIV that way
I spoke to people on the net after this exposure and was told I don't need PEP for this exposure.

Symptoms:
All was well after this encounter though I did see a bruise-like spot on my belt line, hours after. It last 3 weeks, very odd.
If you were not risk for HIV then your symptoms cant be due to HIV

At exactly 14 days(2 weeks) after exposure I had a mouth sore, which lasted about 4 days maybe 5. That same day, I felt fatigue that is on and off until today(23 days past exposure). Suspicion: I first dismissed the fatigue and weakness as just me being tired, cause I had been very active that week and had been getting maybe 6 hours of sleep a night. But also think now it might have been ARS.

At day 15 or 16 I noticed a rash on my chest, and upper abdominal(where stomach meets the chest). It looked like small red circles. IF they were at all raised they were VERY slighty raised. When I noticed the rash it itched VERY, and I mean VERY lightly. Suspicion: I know that the ARS rash is not itchy, so maybe I imagined it being itchy to feel less fearful. What is worse, I read some sites that said the ARS rash is "slighty itchy." This has to be by far the scariest symptom, as I hardly ever get rashes and when I do it isn't like this. That and the fact it happened at week 2, which is on par with ARS symptoms.

On days 17 and 18 I had chills, and nightsweats. On day 18 I had a bad headache, and I mean bad. And felt hot throughout my body. But no fever. Suspicion: I brushed the headache off as due to the stress, as by this time I'm starting to seriously freak out. The hot feeling in my body was due to the blood that was rushing through it, as I was going through a panic and beginning an anxiety attack.

On days 17 and 18 I also had a pain in my mid left abdominal. It seemed to come and go between those days. I think they were relieved by passing gas, and perhaps my position. Could be a sign of Irratable Bowel Syndrome or not. What if this is a sign of ARS?

On day 18 I couldn't sleep, constantly waking up every 15~30 minutes. I still had a headache, as well as nausea. I had the urge to vomit but kept it in, as that day I didn't eat much. Suspicion: Not sleeping was due to stress as that is not an ARS symptom. Headache was possibly stress but then again, I'm stressed out right now but don't have a headache. Nausea might have been stress but just like the headache, I'm stressed now but don't have nausea.

I tested on day 18, 19, and 20 via antibody test. All results were negative but as we all know, window period is 12 weeks. On 20 or 21 I had a mild sore throat. Suspicion: Possibly due to acid reflux, as I suffer from it. I have had little or no food in my stomach, and that sometimes causes acid to come up my esophogeaus, burn my throat, and give me a sore throat. On day 22, I had another antibody test done, as well as a PCR and tested for all other STDs. Counselor calls my encounter low risk, and highly doubts I would get infected from this encounter. Suspicion: His comforting words were just to keep me relaxed as I was already being tested, and he wouldn't want to panic me more unncessarily. He figured he would let the doctor give me bad news if anything, and save himself the trouble. Maybe he justified that by thinking, "Only the tests are what matter, nothing else."

The other person:
I asked the person I had the encounter with whether or not they were positive, and they said, "No. I would have spots on me if I were." That dumb*** reply really scared me.

I called them up on day 22, and told them about my possible symptoms. They seemed totally fine with what I was telling them. In fact, they quickly took a defensive stance saying, "If anything I got it from YOU!" That really scared me to death. Here I'am telling this person I have symptoms, and they are more worried about who gave it to who rather than the actual situation itself.

They then said that we were protected. I said, "Not when I inserted my penis in your mouth." They then said in a very robotic, emotionless way, "I don't remember that." My heart fell to the floor. It was as if they were protecting themself from being implicated as an HIV serial killer. Now, again, I'm a firm believer that HIV isn't transmitted via unprotected insertive oral sex. But this reaction of her(his), along with my symptoms, make me feel as if my other suspicions are all true. She might have inserted her *** via finger inside me, she might have poked a hole in a rubber, etc. Or perhaps I may have some serious mental issues. I see it both way right now.

What's worse is that they were evasive about getting tested together, and was more worried about me telling other people than the possibility that they have HIV. Making me feel as if they KNOW they are already infected!

Final Thoughts:
I have looked up many things on the web. And I have found some, not many, stories of people having all or most symptoms and yet being negative. Only issue is that none have been so on point as what I've described above. The time of occurance, the symptoms! The counselor did tell me that the most common symptoms would be a really bad flu and sore throat. None of which I've had. But that damn rash is scary. Heard that rash comes with fever. Heard it comes with mouth ulcers(in my case it did, and somewhere in the web it said it's very indicative).

Looking at everything I've said, what do you guys think? Please be totally honest. And thank you for reading!
Buddy,
Everything you have described is NO RISK for HIV.

Probably you need to read a sticky post on the top of this BOARD "Possible Exposure.." by nyxin.

Also, Symptoms or no symptoms cant diagnose HIV only HIV Test at appropriate time does.

So said that, what you described doesn't put you at risk for HIV but yes you can get tested for other STDs which are much easier to catch.

Best of Luck!!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Oral sex is considered a lower risk activity for STDs than are anal and vaginal sex.
Even so, it is still possible to get an STD whether you are giving or getting oral sex.
Oral sex on a vulva is called cunnilingus. A slang term is "going down" on someone. This is a really low risk activity for HIV (the virus that causes AIDS). But cunnilingus puts you at significant risk for things that can be passed through skin-to-skin contact, like herpes.
To reduce your risk, you can use a latex barrier (aka: a dental dam) over the vulva.
Oral sex on a penis, is called fellatio or a blow job. It is a lower risk activity for HIV transmission than is vaginal or anal sex, but it is a higher risk than cunnilingus. Oral sex on a penis also puts you at risk for infections like herpes and gonorrhea.
The best way to reduce your risk is to use a condom. If you aren't using condom, avoid taking a partner's body fluids into your mouth.

Analingus, or rimming, refers to using your mouth on a partner's anus. Analingus isn't generally a risk for HIV. However, it can expose you to a number of parasites and can put you at risk for hepatitis.

You can use a dental dam over the anus to help reduce your risk.

Many people enjoy oral sex, and that is perfectly fine. Just make sure to take some safety precautions!

Hope that helps!!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

after reading thru everything
i think you should go out and enjoy the day
get a nice lunch,watch the sunset with a beer,
relax and forget all about hiv!!!
because you do not have it.
good luck

Last edited by smiteler; 04-04-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Thank you for the post and welcome to the forums.

In short, as been said you had no risk of HIV but some risk of STD's.

If your concerned at 30 days, get tested for all std's and a HIV DUO and if you get negative on all ( your actions will not change your HIV status ) then job done.

Regards

Apollo

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
(male)

Worriedguy84 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Thank you for the post and welcome to the forums.

In short, as been said you had no risk of HIV but some risk of STD's.

If your concerned at 30 days, get tested for all std's and a HIV DUO and if you get negative on all ( your actions will not change your HIV status ) then job done.

Regards

Apollo
Thank you! I'm happy to be here.

But I'm a little confused about the bold part of your post. I thought I don't need anymore HIV testing due to the exposure I described. Counselor said 21 day past exposure PCR should be conclusive. I know there is a lot of misinformation even amongst counselors. Was he correct, or should I do a PCR at 30 just to be sure?

What do you mean "your actions will not change your HIV status?"

And I'm assuming, "Job done" is job well done, right?

Sorry about the questions. I'm just a bit nervous so my mind races.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Thank you! I'm happy to be here.

But I'm a little confused about the bold part of your post. I thought I don't need anymore HIV testing due to the exposure I described. Counselor said 21 day past exposure PCR should be conclusive. I know there is a lot of misinformation even amongst counselors. Was he correct, or should I do a PCR at 30 just to be sure?

What do you mean "your actions will not change your HIV status?"

And I'm assuming, "Job done" is job well done, right?

Sorry about the questions. I'm just a bit nervous so my mind races.
Thats ok.

Ok, well you dont need testing for HIV, but some do anyway, so im saying if you do, what you did on this exposure will not change your HIV status. So if you was negative before this ( if you ever tested ) then you will be negative now. Forget PCR at 30 days for 2 reasons. They can give false positives, now that would scare you , but at 30 days a HIV DUO will be 99% conclusive and they are reliable and the only way to confirm your HIV status.

Job done means, if your negative for HIV and STD's, its job done, nothing more to worry about buddy, no more testing at all.

Hope that makes more sence, sorry didnt mean to scare you

Regards

Apollo

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
(male)

Worriedguy84 HB User

Thank you very much!

I don't know if the HIV DUO is available here in NYC.

Thanks again, Everyone! Your responses have put me at ease.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
In this post I will be 100% honest and accurate on my encounter, suspicions, symptoms, and irrational thoughts................................ ..............

...................what do you guys think? Please be totally honest. And thank you for reading!
Hi there,

What do I think ? And you want me to be totally honest?

You are not in the slightest way qualified to self diagnose HIV. You have had a zero risk exposure, have spent far too much time on google trying to justify an already predetemined conclusion which you have jumped to and you need to stop imagining that HIV is a hobby that can be diagnosed via google.

HIV is a very serious medical condition that requires very serious medical attention, it is not something that is ever diagnosed through symptoms, suspicions or irrational thoughts. If you wish to know your HIV status, then please go for an HIV test at the right time. Any test you take will almost certainly be negative as you were not exposed to an HIV infection. You need to stop spending time, energy and effort online trying to do the impossible, that being self diagnose HIV. HIV is only ever determined one way, through an HIV test. If you wish to take one, for ease of mind, please do so. Based on what you have posted it will almost certainly be negative. You don't even know if the person you was with even had HIV. Please stop jumping to conclusions and get checked out if you are so concerned.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-04-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: typos and added

Old 04-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #10
(male)

Worriedguy84 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
Hi there,

What do I think ? And you want me to be totally honest?

You are not in the slightest way qualified to self diagnose HIV. You have had a zero risk exposure, have spent far too much time on google trying to justify an already predetemined conclusion which you have jumped to and you need to stop imagining that HIV is a hobby that can be diagnosed via google.

HIV is a very serious medical condition that requires very serious medical attention, it is not something that is ever diagnosed through symptoms, suspicions or irrational thoughts. If you wish to know your HIV status, then please go for an HIV test at the right time. Any test you take will almost certainly be negative as you were not exposed to an HIV infection. You need to stop spending time, energy and effort online trying to do the impossible, that being self diagnose HIV. HIV is only ever determined one way, through an HIV test. If you wish to take one, for ease of mind, please do so. Based on what you have posted it will almost certainly be negative. You don't even know if the person you was with even had HIV. Please stop jumping to conclusions and get checked out if you are so concerned.

Kevin.
Hi! Thank you for your reply. I understand your response. I understand that according to the information I have given you, I have no risk.

By writing my symptoms I was hoping to see if someone who had been diagnosed had similarities with my symptoms. But according to the rules of this site and many others, that's not possible or encouraged. I understand.

I agree totally with the statement about me spending time on google, and medical sites and forums. Trying to diagnose myself on a conclusion I jumped to.

Now, in regards to your response. I was feeling better, and liked to hear that I had a zero risk exposure. But because of my nervousness, anxiety, hypochondria or whatever you want to call it, I tend to over extrapolate things.

Here's an example. I'm scared about the part I made bold in your response. It didn't sound very confident. I mean, if my exposure was my only exposure in a year, a year I knew I was 100% Conclusively HIV negative, then my HIV tests in the future(assuming I have no more sexual encounters) would definetly be negative... right?

Old 04-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Here's an example. I'm scared about the part I made bold in your response. It didn't sound very confident. I mean, if my exposure was my only exposure in a year, a year I knew I was 100% Conclusively HIV negative, then my HIV tests in the future(assuming I have no more sexual encounters) would definetly be negative... right?
Hi there,

Ok let’s explain this and make it a bit clearer. You have picked up from my statement that there maybe a degree of uncertainty. Buddy, in real life there is no 100% guarantee; nothing, absolutely, nothing is ever guaranteed.

So is it possible that through you zero risk exposures you have made medical history and contracted HIV? Of course it is possible because anything is possible. BUT is it likely, no it extremely unlikely. Hence I can say any test will almost certainly be negative. Do you see? Let me give you another example.

Is it possible a void in time and space will open up and transport me off to another universe tomorrow? Of course it possible but it is extremely unlikely. Hence I can say it will almost certainly not happen.

There is no absolute zero and there is no absolute 100% in life, there are almost certainties. I cannot diagnose you, I cannot offer you a 100% guarentee, nobody online will ever do that. I can say to you that any test you take, based on what you have written, will almost certainly be negative. I hope this clears up any doubts you may have.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-04-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: added

Old 04-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #12
(male)

Worriedguy84 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
Hi there,

Ok let’s explain this and make it a bit clearer. You have picked up from my statement that there maybe a degree of uncertainty. Buddy, in real life there is no 100% guarantee; nothing, absolutely, nothing is ever guaranteed.

[B]So is it possible that through you zero risk exposures you have made medical history and contracted HIV? Of course it is possible because anything is possible. BUT is it likely, no it extremely unlikely. Hence I can say any test will almost certainly be negative. Do you see? Let me give you another example.[/B}

Is it possible a void in time and space will open up and transport me off to another universe tomorrow? Of course it possible but it is extremely unlikely. Hence I can say it will almost certainly not happen.

There is no absolute zero and there is no absolute 100% in life, there are almost certainties. I cannot diagnose you, I cannot offer you a 100% guarentee, nobody online will ever do that. I can say to you that any test you take, based on what you have written, will almost certainly be negative. I hope this clears up any doubts you may have.

Kevin.
I guess so. Basically you're playing on the side of safety, correct? You're a very mathematical and scientific person, right? And even though the part I made bold scares the heck out of me, you meant it in a reassuring way that I had no risk. And just wanted to explain why you used the words you used.

Am I right?

And thanks again, Kevin!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

Hi there,

Yes, buddy, the words were not meant in anyway to frighten but to reassure. Please also be assured that if I or anybody here thought for one second that you were actually at risk it would be stated quite clearly. You were not. False hope is not offered here neither, the words of reassurance you have been given from the members of this forum are based on real facts and real understanding of HIV and the way it is transmitted.

I really would advise you to stop investing so much time and effort into this; the chances of you actually having HIV are astronomically small (in effect zero). If you can’t let go, simply get yourself checked out. You know what the result will be.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-04-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Worriedguy84 (04-04-2011)
Old 04-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #14
(male)

Worriedguy84 HB User

Okay, here's an update.

On week 5 day 6(One day short of 6 week mark) I went to Hospital. There I saw a counselor that tested me. She said that in reality it only takes 6 weeks for someone to develop anitbodies. That's news to me, though it kinda makes sense. IF symptoms only appear within weeks 2~4, and antibodies are produced 7~10 days after onset of symptoms, then she would be correct. Point is I got tested via antibody test and it was Negative.

Also, I had mentioned I was waiting for my results of the Viral Load test I took at day 22(3rd week). It came back negative as well.

Now, with my on going itchy skin, abdominal pain, and other symptoms, I turn to Hepatitis. That's something I will be getting checked for.

But what do you guys think? Can I seriously close the book on my HIV scare? (Thank you all who responded)

Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Okay, here's an update.
Can I seriously close the book on my HIV scare? (Thank you all who responded)
Do you seriously doubt it?

Closed Thread