It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 04:51 AM   #1
(male)

wador HB User
Series of tests!!please help

Dear Experts,

I had an encounter with sex workersIn September and October.In september it was unprotected oral and due to lost erection no penetrative sex.It happened two times as i was very nervous on both occasions..Then in October 3rd and 15th i had stupidly unprotected vaginal and unprotected oral with sex workers in desperation..After say 10 days of last exposure i had every symptoms like rashes on face,tremendous neck pain which is there even today also in April!!!.I had direhea ,loose motions,dizziness and weight loss..I was terribly afraid and then till almost 168 days following last exposures i have taken Different HIV tests described as under:-

1 )3rd week-ELISA test

2 )5th,7th,9th,11th and 83rd day post exposure-ECLIA test

3 )90 days-Tridot test

4) 97 days-ECLIA test

5) 108 days-DUO test(p24+Antibody test)

6) 120 days -ECLIA test

7) 138 days- ELISA test

8) 167 days-ECLIA test

So far till 167 days i have taken 13 tests all came back NON REACTIVE..Please help symptoms still there like dizziness,bumps on face,neck pain pain behind elbows and joint pain,no fever at all..Please guide what to do..I am very very afraid

Old 04-09-2011, 04:58 AM   #2
(male)

krizner HB User
Re: Series of tests!!please help

83rd day post exposure-ECLIA test

3 )90 days-Tridot test

4) 97 days-ECLIA test

5) 108 days-DUO test(p24+Antibody test)

6) 120 days -ECLIA test

7) 138 days- ELISA test

8) 167 days-ECLIA test

these are final and conclusive, you dont have HIV. every test after 8 weeks is considered to be de facto conclusive. 12/13 weeks post exposure is officialy conclusive.

consult dr about your symptoms, there are numerous other, less seriuos illneses that can cause symptoms you have. possibility of HIV is excluded.

best regards

Last edited by krizner; 04-09-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2011, 05:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

working closely with a good observant
medial professional is tha best way to
diagnosing difficult to determine things.

to keep testing over and over for the same thing (hiv)
that should be eliminated completely by now
makes no sense to me???

Old 04-09-2011, 07:19 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You had NO risk of HIV from what you describe and didnt need testing in the first place for HIV. You may want to test for std's if you havnt already.

As for your tests, you are most certainly HIV negative beyound any shadow of doubt. Your HIV negative buddy

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You are indeed HIV negative. For future reference, the window period is 3 months. You never need to test beyond that. Any test at 3 months or later will trump any 'symptoms' that you are experiencing.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Hi Mitey,

I stopped read after first 4 or 5 lines of your opening post.

You were never at risk for worrying about HIV.
HIV Transmission occurs in Sexually when you have UNPROTECTED insertive Vaginal or Anal Sex and no other way.

So, if thats all was your risk then Worry over buds.
For me you nearly wasted half a litre of blood on just testing. Donation would have been noble cause.

Just for your future reference, as Joggen and others said, HIV test at 3 months/ 12 weeks/ 13 weeks/ 90 days is conclusive.

Whenever you want to have Sex, always Guard up which is effective protection against for HIV.
Just remember, Pleasure is for short while and HIV is for ever.

Hope that helps!!

Old 04-23-2011, 01:48 AM   #7
(male)

wador HB User

Thanks but now i am getting red spots on hands,feets and forehard..Plus my weight has reduced by 5 Kgs..I have persistant neck pain and dizziness..PLease help and explain what tests do i need??

Old 04-23-2011, 02:00 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wador View Post
Thanks but now i am getting red spots on hands,feets and forehard..Plus my weight has reduced by 5 Kgs..I have persistant neck pain and dizziness..PLease help and explain what tests do i need??
Well its not related to HIV, so the best person to speak to is a doctor.
If im honest, sounds more like stress related symptoms, but your doctor will advise you best.

Best of luck

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-23-2011, 05:18 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
your best bet now
is to be working closely with your doctor
to figure out what next to test for
you have eliminated hiv because of the test
you must now move on to look at other things
good luck

Last edited by smiteler; 04-23-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:15 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Quote:
Most probably, it looks like Stress related to me too. So Buddy just to be sure, work very closely with your medical practitioner. (as advised by more senior and respected persons - Smiteler and Apollo).

Just take their advise and leave internet for some days, go for a holiday down the beach side, have beer, You will notice a change in yourself. hope you take our this advice.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #11
(male)

wador HB User

Thanks friends..Booked my flight tickets for Goa beaches already,thanks for the support extended..I too want a serious break from this ..I'll be having beer cans and pleasure time with my wife..

Old 04-24-2011, 02:20 AM   #12
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Thanks friends..Booked my flight tickets for Goa beaches already,thanks for the support extended..I too want a serious break from this ..I'll be having beer cans and pleasure time with my wife..
Kool Mate!! enjoy to the fullest. Enough of stressing now some enjoying

Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #13
(male)

wador HB User

Dear Experts,

At 193 days post exposure i once again took the ECLIA test that came NON REACTIVE.This is 13th test i have taken..I am only confused for the numbers when i took test before the last test the value of ECLIA test was 0.07 but at 193 days its 0.33.Though doctor says any thing less than 1 is considered negative but then why these numbers fluctuations....

Old 04-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Don't worry about the numbers- there is no practical difference between values that are below 1. You need to stop reading into things and let this go.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Dear Experts,

At 193 days post exposure i once again took the ECLIA test that came NON REACTIVE.This is 13th test i have taken..I am only confused for the numbers when i took test before the last test the value of ECLIA test was 0.07 but at 193 days its 0.33.Though doctor says any thing less than 1 is considered negative but then why these numbers fluctuations....
These numbers are due to human error as humans are the ones who perform the testing. I hope you know what i mean?

Closed Thread