It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
(male)

annex HB User
What to use to kill HIV viruses on surfaces?

Hello!
I needed something to kill viruses like HIV on plastic surfaces and silicone surfaces. What could I use? Does alcohol kill viruses if yes how high concentrated does it need to be?
And could you also use stuff which is meant for cutaneous desinfection on other materials or do these things only work on skin?

Old 04-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: What to use to kill HIV viruses on surfaces?

you need nothing
air will kill the hiv virus quickly
the virus will only live in a controlled environment
meaning only inside your body or in blood that is in a contained environment.
outside of that
the virus will not live or be able to be infectious
after is is removed from its protection from air.

Last edited by smiteler; 04-13-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
(male)

annex HB User

Erm, if air kills it so quickly then explain to me why you can get it through contaminated tattooing needles? Why do medical knives need to be desinfected if it dies so fast? Why not let them rest on the fresh air a while?

Last edited by annex; 04-13-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by annex View Post
Erm, if air kills it so quickly then explain to me why you can get it through contaminated tattooing needles? Why do medical knives need to be desinfected if it dies so fast? Why not let them rest on the fresh air a while?
the needles that have transfered the virus were hollow
and the blood that was in them
pushed the air out making the needle itself a controlled
environment with the metal walls protecting the virus from the air.

you cannot get hiv from touching something
even infected fluids
the postman can't bring it to you
unless its a full vial of infected blood

Last edited by smiteler; 04-13-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

For the sex toys you purchase, just simple put them in a hot bowl of water. If you still have issues regarding this then,
1, stop buying them
2, seak mental help
3, educate yourself on HIV from health boards main page

Regards

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
joggen (04-13-2011), Kali333 (04-14-2011)
Old 04-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
(male)

annex HB User

Wait a minute are you saying if there's infected blood somewhere on a surface then this blood stops being dangerous even if you touched it with an open wound? How long would it say dangerous?

Old 04-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

the virus dies in a few seconds
when in contact with air....

Old 04-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Quote:
Wait a minute are you saying if there's infected blood somewhere on a surface then this blood stops being dangerous even if you touched it with an open wound? How long would it say dangerous?
You Still going on about this????? Unbelievable

The Following User Says Thank You to guyfromnorth For This Useful Post:
joggen (04-16-2011)
Old 04-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
(male)

annex HB User

But could it somehow be reactivated if it got in contact with blood or other fluids?

Old 04-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
But could it somehow be reactivated if it got in contact with blood or other fluids?
Have you posted in health boards Anxiety forums yet?. Their is also a forum for OCD. These forums are more suited to the questions you ask and certainly your mental state

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

No and i think what is being RE-IGNITED and Re-Activated is your Anxiety by googling ways of modes of transmission of HIV.

No we dont think so it is reactivated or something But what we do know is that its not HIV. Move on.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #12
(male)

annex HB User

Would you want to use a used artificial vagina which once belonged to somebody who had HIV who you know ejaculated in it last time a few weeks ago? I bet not.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Why would you ask this ?

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-19-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Would you want to use a used artificial vagina which once belonged to somebody who had HIV who you know ejaculated in it last time a few weeks ago? I bet not.
Nothing what you have described or anything you mentioned would change the advice which you have already got. I think you should take your concern to Mental Health Forum on this website and you can fish for much better advice, IF you will believe there. But for this exposure, i doubt you will ever test Positive, i fully agree with Apollo

Last edited by guyfromnorth; 04-19-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:22 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)

ParanoidnWorry HB UserParanoidnWorry HB User

Quote:
Hi annex!
With what you had suggest.
Have you ever though about what you had just say when you are having sex with anyone?
What if their previous partner did ejaculated in them?
Do u think they clean their anus or vaginal with alcohol?
Think about it and get the facts right (there's a sticky on possible exposure on top HIV forum) before posting same questions REPEATLY.

And NO, HIV can't survive in the air (air as in air not vacuum environment) thus you can't contact HIV through that. Let alone cleaning it with alcohol or soap.

Really hope your not fooling around in this forum with all this questions of yours.

Anyway hope it did answer your questions!

Closed Thread