It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
(male)

John12345678 HB User
Penis head/glans touched vagina - at risk/test needed?

Hello all,

I've got a question regarding HIV-transmission.

Vaginal fluid was on my penis-head (my foreskin was pulled back, no condom on) multiple times last week as a girl sat on top of me rubbing her body over mine and she touched my penis-head with the outside of her wet vagina (her labia) multiple times. Before that she already gave me a blow-job. There was no penetration involved, just our genitals rubbing eachother on accident a few times.

I am worried about this.
Is there any risk of HIV transmission via rubbing of genitals and direct contact with vaginal fluid on the penis-head? Should I get tested?

Thank you, your answers are very much appreciated.

Last edited by John12345678; 04-15-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: Penis head/glans touched vagina - at risk/test needed?

There is no risk for acquiring HIV from the situation that you describe. HIV transmission required penetration, as in a bare penis inside a vaginal or rectum. Frottage, or genital apposition, is never a risk for HIV transmission because the conditions for transmission do not exist outside the body. There is a small risk for other STDs but HIV is not a concern.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
(male)

John12345678 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
There is no risk for acquiring HIV from the situation that you describe. HIV transmission required penetration, as in a bare penis inside a vaginal or rectum. Frottage, or genital apposition, is never a risk for HIV transmission because the conditions for transmission do not exist outside the body. There is a small risk for other STDs but HIV is not a concern.
Thanks Joggen, you eased my mind! Ive got a few more questions though, hopefully you also want to take the time to answer them:

- What exactly is the (medical) difference between the situation I just described, so directly touching the vagina and directly getting vaginal fluid on your penis-head (without penetration) and the situation of unprotected penetrating.
I mean both involve directly getting vaginal fluid on the penis head, right? Because even when rubbing the penis-head against the vagina, one could say the vaginal fluid was never really outside the body, but directly from the woman's body into the man's, or am I getting crazy now? Could you please explain the difference?

- I read that the contact with a mucous membrane and vaginal fluids can cause transmission of HIV. Isn't the penis head/tip of the penis also a mucous membrane and so why can contact with vaginal fluid not transmit HIV?

-Should I consider this a stupid mistake of mine, by not putting on a condom before the rubbing and touching the outside of her vagina with my penis-head? So something I should avoid in the future? Or is it not a big deal, and just 'part of the game'? What would you've done if you were in the situation I just described?

Thanks very much again for your time!

John

Last edited by John12345678; 04-15-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Your follow on questions are meaningless with regards to HIV. HIV is only ever transmitted, sexually, when a penis is inside a vagina or anus.

It is transmitted sexually inside the body, only. There is no recorded exception.

If you have issues with this advice, please go and have an HIV test. Based on what you have posted it will be negative.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-15-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John12345678 View Post
What exactly is the (medical) difference between the situation I just described, so directly touching the vagina and directly getting vaginal fluid on your penis-head (without penetration) and the situation of unprotected penetrating.
I mean both involve directly getting vaginal fluid on the penis head, right? Because even when rubbing the penis-head against the vagina, one could say the vaginal fluid was never really outside the body, but directly from the woman's body into the man's, or am I getting crazy now? Could you please explain the difference?
YOUR PENIS was outside your partner's body, that's why it isn't a risk. The virus would have been exposed to the environment outside the body (e.g. exposure to air, differences in temperature, etc.) which is not favorable for HIV transmission.

Quote:
- I read that the contact with a mucous membrane and vaginal fluids can cause transmission of HIV. Isn't the penis head/tip of the penis also a mucous membrane and so why can contact with vaginal fluid not transmit HIV?
See above. Also the most infectious fluids are deep in the vagina (cervical fluid), not those produced near the labia.

Quote:
-Should I consider this a stupid mistake of mine, by not putting on a condom before the rubbing and touching the outside of her vagina with my penis-head? So something I should avoid in the future? Or is it not a big deal, and just 'part of the game'? What would you've done if you were in the situation I just described?
I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Don't overthink this in terms of transmission mechanisms. Nobody has ever been infected through rubbing in the entire 30 year history of the epidemic. You won't be the first.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:52 AM   #6
(male)

John12345678 HB User

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by John12345678; 04-16-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Closed Thread