It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
(male)

jacklaco HB User
Very scared, very sick lately. Did something stupid 2 years ago.

Hello, in 2008 I had a risky exposure with a female CSW. I had condom protected sex, with an unprotected handjob. I am afraid the condom was of poor quality and also now remember there being no condom wrapper, which has led me to freak out about it possibly being a used condom! I know I read you say that “CSW protect themselves from us”, but what if she knows she has HIV and doesn’t care? Also was the unprotected handjob safe if juices were massaged into my urethra? The handjob came seconds after the condom came off.

I am not sure how I was exposed but I believe I have been due to certain symptoms I have started experiencing since last December. Up until then, I have only had a weird unexplained body rash that appeared last year that I would consider "weird". This rash appeared in 2008 after the incident, maybe months later and again last year in 2010. It was dry pale and scaly and appeared mostly on upper arms, torso and upper legs. It did not itch. It looked similar to pityriasis rosea.

But as of December I have had the following HIV symptoms:

Main symptoms as of December 2010:

Loose Stools / Diarrhea: I have not been having normal bowel movements. I only go mostly once a day, in the morning but my stools are soft and mostly diarrheal. I have tried taking probiotics, that helps for a bit but I go back to the soft formless stools. My stomach also vibrates / rumbles most of the day leading me to believe my digestive system isn't working right.

Right groin / leg / hip pain: I have had a consistent pain in this area for months. I am not sure if it is the joint or muscle or a lymph node. The pain is within the leg and hurts when I stretch it at a certain angle. I also have groin pain that throbs without movement. All confined to the right side. I read this could also be something called Avascular Necrosis? I have never had a leg pain like this before.

GERD / Acid Reflux / Heartburn. I have taken Prilosec OTC, that works but when I stop taking it, the reflux comes back.

Sinus / respiratory problems: I have been battling a stuffy nose, with yellowish / greenish discharge since last month. I have a consistent tickle in the back of throat, sometimes a deep dry cough and a constant tight throat. My nose also bleeds a little when it is blown (sometimes).

Weakness / fatigue: One day I will be ok, the next so week I just want to sleep and go home. Also nausea quite a bit. This is affecting my day to day life and work.

White tongue: Not sure if this is thrush or not but if I don’t brush my tongue for a day this white coating forms which I can scrape off with my teeth. The gunk that comes off smells and is yellow (feels like dry paste). I am also getting sore taste buds / sore tongue that come and go all the time, never had this before.

Mouth sores: I get canker sores and mouth sores occasionally, on my gums and inside of cheeks.

Eye Floaters: I see small clear bubbles in daylight all the time, and black floaters. I am nearsighted but I am noticing these all the time now and lots of them.

- Tingling feet, other limbs. This has gotten better, was worse a month ago but still flares up. Mostly my right foot gets tingly.

Rash on left side of head around ear where glasses contact my head. Looks like seborrheic dermatitis or contact dermatitis. I think I may have had this before my encounter but cant remember. I have had eczema as a kid.

- Dry hands, dry knuckles, flaky hands. I have always have had this I think, I wash my hands way too much due to an OCD thing I have had since I have been a kid.

Sweaty armpits at night: (Occasionally) Is this night sweats?

- Possibly swollen lymph nodes. I am honestly not sure where to properly look for these but I have a hard lumpy thing under my right armpit I can’t locate on my left. My groin is lumpy and can feel hard things in there when I palpitate. Same with my neck. Nothing is “visibly” swollen. Just strange things when I poke around.

- I check myself with a thermometer every day and my temperature is usually 97.5. It will fluctuate under that, 96,97 and go up to the 98‘s. I don’t believe I am having fevers. Is this a good sign?

Are these classic HIV symptoms? Would HIV start affecting me all of a sudden 2+ years after? This was my only stupid mistake I have ever made that put me in danger. (Only sexual encounter). Is it possible I have HIV with a condom protected encounter, something could have went wrong without me knowing! I just feel not right at all since December, everything I get points to HIV. Most of what I am contacting now sticks with me and doesn't go away, isn't this a sign of a poor immune symptom? Experts out there... does this sound like I have HIV? Or could all of these symptoms be due to anxiety.. is that even possible??

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and help me,

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Very scared, very sick lately. Did something stupid 2 years ago.

it would be highly unlikely
you have hiv from what you are saying.
you used protection when doing the kind of sex that puts
you at risk and your symptoms do not fit the typical
pattern ars symptoms will follow
so they are not hiv specfic.

if you have had these fears
it makes no sense as to
why haven't you tested by now?
your symptoms cannot diagnose you
only a test can.
i would suggest you do so
and stop the speculating
you are doing
good luck

Last edited by smiteler; 04-20-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You have posted so much but really i only need to say a few things but the above has no meaning at all.

Just go and get a HIV test, end of story buddy.

She used to condom to protect her self, and NO it wouldnt be second hand, i mean what would the point be? It will still protect from HIV.

So forget all the speculation, have a HIV insti test today and get results in 5 mins, and im sure all will be fine as the above dose no way sound like HIV

Hope that helps

Apollo

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-21-2011, 12:38 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklaco View Post
Hello, in 2008 I had a risky exposure with a female CSW. I had condom protected sex, with an unprotected handjob.SAFE SEX

I am afraid the condom was of poor quality and also now remember there being no condom wrapper, which has led me to freak out about it possibly being a used condom! I know I read you say that “CSW protect themselves from us”, but what if she knows she has HIV and doesn’t care? This business doesnot roll like that. Rather CSW are more cautious of catching bugs than you may be. And they get routinely tested just due to nature of their Job. Also not to mention that by looking at the condom you can easily tell if it is used or not. Think about that why would CSW will give you a used condom as once condom is used they can hardly be used second time.

Also was the unprotected handjob safe if juices were massaged into my urethra? The handjob came seconds after the condom came off. Yes it is 100% safe. HIV dies as soon as it comes in contact with air.

I am not sure how I was exposed No from what you describe, you were not exposed at all.

but I believe I have been due to certain symptoms I have started experiencing since last December. Up until then, NOT Possible AT ALL. As you were not exposed to HIV from this then how your symptoms can be HIV related. Secondly ARS doesnt come this late.

I have only had a weird unexplained body rash that appeared last year that I would consider "weird". This rash appeared in 2008 after the incident, maybe months later and again last year in 2010. It was dry pale and scaly and appeared mostly on upper arms, torso and upper legs. It did not itch. It looked similar to pityriasis rosea. ARS doesnt come and GO. and Possible infection may get ARS but its not always and it doesnt come so late. Once an Infected person experience ARS it stays their for 1-2 weeks and after that you go in asympomatic stage for a long period of time. (5-10 Years)

But as of December I have had the following HIV symptoms:

Main symptoms as of December 2010:

Loose Stools / Diarrhea: I have not been having normal bowel movements. I only go mostly once a day, in the morning but my stools are soft and mostly diarrheal. I have tried taking probiotics, that helps for a bit but I go back to the soft formless stools. My stomach also vibrates / rumbles most of the day leading me to believe my digestive system isn't working right.

Right groin / leg / hip pain: I have had a consistent pain in this area for months. I am not sure if it is the joint or muscle or a lymph node. The pain is within the leg and hurts when I stretch it at a certain angle. I also have groin pain that throbs without movement. All confined to the right side. I read this could also be something called Avascular Necrosis? I have never had a leg pain like this before.

GERD / Acid Reflux / Heartburn. I have taken Prilosec OTC, that works but when I stop taking it, the reflux comes back.

Sinus / respiratory problems: I have been battling a stuffy nose, with yellowish / greenish discharge since last month. I have a consistent tickle in the back of throat, sometimes a deep dry cough and a constant tight throat. My nose also bleeds a little when it is blown (sometimes).

Weakness / fatigue: One day I will be ok, the next so week I just want to sleep and go home. Also nausea quite a bit. This is affecting my day to day life and work.

White tongue: Not sure if this is thrush or not but if I don’t brush my tongue for a day this white coating forms which I can scrape off with my teeth. The gunk that comes off smells and is yellow (feels like dry paste). I am also getting sore taste buds / sore tongue that come and go all the time, never had this before.

Mouth sores: I get canker sores and mouth sores occasionally, on my gums and inside of cheeks.

Eye Floaters: I see small clear bubbles in daylight all the time, and black floaters. I am nearsighted but I am noticing these all the time now and lots of them.

- Tingling feet, other limbs. This has gotten better, was worse a month ago but still flares up. Mostly my right foot gets tingly.

Rash on left side of head around ear where glasses contact my head. Looks like seborrheic dermatitis or contact dermatitis. I think I may have had this before my encounter but cant remember. I have had eczema as a kid.

- Dry hands, dry knuckles, flaky hands. I have always have had this I think, I wash my hands way too much due to an OCD thing I have had since I have been a kid.

Sweaty armpits at night: (Occasionally) Is this night sweats?

- Possibly swollen lymph nodes. I am honestly not sure where to properly look for these but I have a hard lumpy thing under my right armpit I can’t locate on my left. My groin is lumpy and can feel hard things in there when I palpitate. Same with my neck. Nothing is “visibly” swollen. Just strange things when I poke around.

- I check myself with a thermometer every day and my temperature is usually 97.5. It will fluctuate under that, 96,97 and go up to the 98‘s. I don’t believe I am having fevers. Is this a good sign?

Are these classic HIV symptoms? Would HIV start affecting me all of a sudden 2+ years after? This was my only stupid mistake I have ever made that put me in danger. (Only sexual encounter). Is it possible I have HIV with a condom protected encounter, something could have went wrong without me knowing! I just feel not right at all since December, everything I get points to HIV. Most of what I am contacting now sticks with me and doesn't go away, isn't this a sign of a poor immune symptom? Experts out there... does this sound like I have HIV? Or could all of these symptoms be due to anxiety.. is that even possible??

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and help me,

Thanks.
Regarding rest of your symptoms, they sound like more of a STRESS and Anxiety driven Syndrome, which you are by the looks of your posting.

Via Symptoms no one can diagnose HIV and its not even possible as they are quite similar to those of zillions of other Viral Infections which are not that lethal so thats why on this forum or anyother HIV Forum, they advice you to get a specific HIV Test as thats the only way to know your status. You can choose to ignore this advice and do all symptom chasing you want but you wont end up anywhere but in a Dip of Anxiety which you are now as well. Googling symptoms can really fuel up your anxiety.

So Buddy, i even stopped reading your post after first couple of lines, as it was not at all Risky for HIV and in no way from what you describe you can contract HIV.

Simple equation Protected Sex = No Risk For HIV.

Sooner you will learn that, the better it wil be for you.

Buddy, i thiink you are way past the window period, I would suggest you to take an HIV Test now and collect your Negative, Forget about it and move on from here.

Take this as an experience after that and always use protection while having Sex, No matter what!!

Hope that helps!!
Good Luck

Old 04-21-2011, 03:33 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi there,

Ok first and foremost you need to stop doing what you are doing. Examining yourself and taking your temperature daily in the hope of diagnosing an HIV infection is completely pointless and counterproductive. HIV cannot be self diagnosed. It is very important that you try to understand this, HIV is not a DIY project that can be diagnosed by reading websites that list symptoms and then cross referencing them to what you believe are symptoms of HIV, it is a serious medical condition that is diagnosed through medical science. The amount or lack of symptoms you may or may not have will have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of an HIV test. This is the only way HIV is ever diagnosed, it is certainly not diagnosed by coming to an HIV forum and listing what you believe to be symptoms. I say this to you through concern, you have been examining yourself for what appears to be the better part of two/three years, please stop it, HIV is not diagnosed this way. Nobody will ever offer you an diagnosis based on them because the symptoms of HIV are very similar to many common ailments that everybody gets from time to time and more often than not they are simply that. And your symptoms don't even resemble ARS in the slightest and no they are not classic symptoms of HIV there is no such thing as classic symptoms of HIV. Nothing you have posted points to an HIV infection, absolutely nothing, but the only way to prove this to yourself is to have an HIV test.

Your risk was nonexistent, you were not exposed to an HIV infection. And speculating that a CSW deliberately infected you through a hand job is to be frank an non starter. Had she wanted to infect you with HIV this would be the most ineffective way imaginable because it would not happen. Hand to genital contact is zero risk with regards to HIV. The same applies to your theory about the used condom, this is a non starter.

Please, buddy, do yourself a huge favour, either go and have an HIV test which will confirm 100% that you have not got HIV or simply forget it. You were not exposed to an infection in any shape form or manner. Equally so living with this doubt and fear for the last two/three years needs to come to an end. Nobody can live like this, you need some closure and to move one. Basically......

1. Stop yourself examinations.
2. Stop Goggling HIV symptoms
3. Have an HIV test if you cannot move on, it will be negative.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-21-2011 at 03:54 AM. Reason: typo and added

Old 04-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

I agree with the excellent advice that others have offered you: you need to stop the cycle of self-examination and symptom surfing and just go and get an HIV test to prove to yourself that you didn't get infected. Since you never had an exposure, the results will be negative and will allow you to move on with your life. Life is precious and shouldn't be wasted worrying about non-existent risks to our health.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Hiya,

Have you heard a term called "Mind Games"?
Probably thats what it is! Yes Buddy mind can do lot of things to your body, it can even weakens your immune system to an extent that you can start getting unexpected fevers and chills, flus, colds very regularly. That can be more lethal than HIV.

Buddy, please dont do that to yourself. Dont check your temperature every 5 mins. Normal body temperature is between 97.5 to 99.5. It fluctuates enormously in the whole day.

Once you have been adviced in a crystal clear way that it is not HIV, It cant be HIV, It wont be HIV. then the only way left for me to say that please go get tested and collect your Negative and hopefully that can put your mind and body to peace. Believe me you are in such a state that you wont listen to anyone But yourself and you have already self diagnosed yourself as HIV positive But when you will see your negative with your own eyes, only then you will start believing it. and we all want you to do it.
Get Tested on this NON HIV issue and put it to bed for good.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
(male)

jacklaco HB User

Thank you for all your responses and help.

I want to put this all behind me but I am just so scared and paralyzed by this all. One thing that has been bothering me since this all started is the fact that I can feel lumps in my groin area, leg on both sides. On one side you can actually see the skin bulge out a bit more than the other. I am not sure what lumps and bumps in the groin are normal and which are not. It seems when I google any lump or bump in the groin area is bad. I also have a lump / bump in my right armpit that I don't have in my left. These lumps and bumps have been unchanged since I have started examining myself since this HIV fear developed in November. Can any of these be "normal" and I shouldn't worry about them?

Is there no way from this ONE encounter I have had my entire life, that I could have gotten HIV from? Please ease my mind a little on this!

Thanks much once again.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklaco View Post
Thank you for all your responses and help.

I want to put this all behind me but I am just so scared and paralyzed by this all. One thing that has been bothering me since this all started is the fact that I can feel lumps in my groin area, leg on both sides. On one side you can actually see the skin bulge out a bit more than the other. I am not sure what lumps and bumps in the groin are normal and which are not. It seems when I google any lump or bump in the groin area is bad. I also have a lump / bump in my right armpit that I don't have in my left. These lumps and bumps have been unchanged since I have started examining myself since this HIV fear developed in November. Can any of these be "normal" and I shouldn't worry about them?

Is there no way from this ONE encounter I have had my entire life, that I could have gotten HIV from? Please ease my mind a little on this!

Thanks much once again.

I think you kept on ignoring the advice which has been given to you.
So this is my final advice,
Symptoms mean nothing in HIV. (They resemeber to as simple as FLU)

ARS doesnt happen that late (only in intial weeks of infection) Your symptoms are not even little worrisome to be ARS.

Get tested now, get your negative and put this behind you.

Is there any particualr reason why you are not being tested?

Closed Thread