It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
(female)

Kate308 HB User
HIV symptoms at 4 months

I had a high risk exposure 4.5 months ago having unprotected vaginal sex....shortly after I have had vaginal infection followed by yeast infection. Then two weeks later I had flu symptoms fever and aches for 2 weeks...followed by a bad cold that lasted two weeks. 6week after I have had joint aches night sweats extreme fatigue frequent urination pooping alot more than usual...bruising...skin changes were extreme... Rash on forehead chin and neck chest and back...that has not gone away. I have excessive sweating and oil and my scalp is constantly itching and I have lost hair. I have had huge whitehead boil in my hair and pubic region. (sebborhic dermatitis). My skin is itchy with little red pinprick painless bumps showing up all over on legs arms...my skin is becoming discolored in alot of areas...with white little circles showing up everywhere. Now I have severe muscle twitching and numbness in hands feet and legs. Also my nails and toenails have hardened. Along with all of this I was breastfeeding my son until I realized I may have been exposed... He is having itchy scalp itchy skin twitching at night and has has bouts of diarrhea and stomach bloating along with many other symptoms. I tested negative at 3.5 months using oral rapid oraquick, tested negative at 4 months using oral swab rapid oraquick and at 4.5 tested negative using bloodprick oraquick rapid....I am waiting for blood results for an elisa test. My son was testing in the ER when we took him
For having diarrea for a week..he did a blood rapid test that was negative at 4 months. I am extremely depressed and scared and I can't believe I put myself at risk as well as my sons life.... Do we have HIV and should we do more testing....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: HIV symptoms at 4 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate308 View Post
I tested negative at 3.5 months using oral rapid oraquick, tested negative at 4 months using oral swab rapid oraquick and at 4.5 tested negative using bloodprick oraquick rapid....I am waiting for blood results for an elisa test.
You do not have HIV and neither does your son. HIV tests are conclusive three months or later after exposure (you actually over-tested for this exposure). You do not have HIV and did not put your son at risk. Your test results trump your symptoms and prove that your flu and cold symptoms were just that - a flu and cold and whatever else is going on has nothing to do with HIV. You should just forget about this exposure and move on with your life.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
(female)

Kate308 HB User

Do I need to retest at 6 months? I have heard many different things... Also could my symptoms relate to anxiety and stress? I have convinced myself I have HIV And gave it too my son.. Despite all the negative test results so far... Life has been hell for my for 4 months now...

Old 05-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Additional testing isn't necessary. The HIV tests that you took are FDA-approved to give you an answer after three months. Some of your symptoms are consistent with anxiety and some are consistent with the self-examination that results from an anxious mind. Please believe your test results- you do not have HIV.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

i'm with joggen if you had hiv
it would of shown up long ago.
other std's are much easier to catch
and if you still don't feel well you might want to explore with a doctor
as to what is best to test for.
good luck

Old 05-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Quote:
Do I need to retest at 6 months? No. As you have already being diagnosed HIV Negative.

I have heard many different things... Also could my symptoms relate to anxiety and stress? Most Probably! But your best bet would be chasing up with your doctor.
I have convinced myself I have HIV And gave it too my son.. Despite all the negative test results so far... Life has been hell for my for 4 months now...
Hi Kate,

Symptoms means nothing as far as HIV is concerned, Only test @ appropriate time is, which you have taken and is Negative. So, now you have to follow up with your Doc to get to the root of the health problems you facing.
As Smit advised, you may want to test for other STDs which are far easy to catch. Good Luck!!

Old 05-04-2011, 02:31 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Do I need to retest at 6 months? I have heard many different things... Also could my symptoms relate to anxiety and stress? I have convinced myself I have HIV And gave it too my son.. Despite all the negative test results so far... Life has been hell for my for 4 months now...
Hi there,

As already advised you don't require further testing. Your tests are 100% conclusive, you really don't have HIV. I say this out of concern for you through, maybe you should seek professional help in dealing with your anxiety and concerns. It wouldn't arm to also to discuss your physical ailments with a doctor, since HIV as been ruled out there could be a medical condition that is being over looked. Please don't think that everything that happens is down to HIV, there may be other issues that need looking at .

Kevin.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:16 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Tests are so accurate and sensitive today that they can find the infection in 3-4 weeks, if any. Hope that helps ease yoru anxiety!!

Closed Thread

Tags
4 months, hiv, hiv anxiety, hiv symptoms