It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #16
(male)

edinmale1970 HB User
Re: Hiv through oral. Really scared

I know that the risk is small (negligble) but this is what an agony aunt is saying in a well known British Sunday Newspaper

Last edited by moderator2; 05-04-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website

Old 05-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #17
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

I read that comment in the paper and to be quite frank i do not agree with it. Oral is no risk UNLESS they have blood pooring from their mouth, or they have blood pouring from their penis.

Now by the sounds of it, you have not listened to the great advice already, so just go and test for HIV. It will be negative unless you were HIV positive before. I have NEVER seen one case of HIV from a typical oral sex exposure and you being the first NO and research has mainly been taken from couples who have one partner whi is HIV positive

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by moderator2; 05-04-2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: please do not quote posting rules violations

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

@johnsmith232323

I suspect that even if we presented to you all the scientific papers that support that HIV is not transmitted through oral sex you still would not be assured- such is the nature of these types of encounters. I agree that you should test for psychological support, and recommend that you have a 4th generation (combo or DUO) test at 4 weeks. The result will be negative and will allow you to move on with your life.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith232323 View Post
Are you guys hiv positive by any chance??
do you need to hear it from someone who is?

oral sex = no risk for hiv

i didn't read the paper,
but i'm sure if i did, it would leave me with
many more questions then real answers.
the first thing that comes to my mind is the sunday paper
is NOT a credible source for medical information to begin with!

waste your time testing if you must
i sure wish i could bet on the outcome of your test
good luck

Old 05-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #20
(male)

johnsmith232323 HB User

Ok thanks alot for your msgs. this happened awhile ago though so can't remember intial symtoms as i was stonned most of the time and didn't even think about it. Now i have been having problems with a white tongue, also this red itchy little spots around my ankles,. They are really itchy!,. Is this a sign of opotunistic infection?. Also my sore on my penis, which i think is hsv has lasted a week,. Is that a sign of low immune systom?,. Are genital herpes in hiv patients really bad or what??.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

What you are trying to do is a complete waste of time. It is impossible to self-diagnose yourself by symptoms. Believe me, many of us who advise on this forum have tried to do the same thing that you are trying to do, and we learned the hard way: HIV is NEVER diagnosed by symptoms! All you are doing by focusing on symptoms is fueling your anxiety. The best thing that you can do is get off of the internet, stop focusing on your body, and have a HIV test at the appropriate time.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #22
(male)

johnsmith232323 HB User

Well it is way past the 6 month mark. It is kinda hard for me to test as i am in a small town atm. Can you buy things off the internet in australia?. Also is there a reason for concern at all??..

Old 05-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #23
Inactive
(male)

ParanoidnWorry HB UserParanoidnWorry HB User

There is really no concern to check for HIV at all in your situation.

If you are really still worried, u can get testing kit online.

Symptoms searching and what if really doesn't solve the problems. Only a test and results prove it. But in Ur case, oral has no risk in transmitting.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #24
(male)

johnsmith232323 HB User

How do you explain my itcy red dotted ankles>?. Is this a sign of hiv at all?. I have read studys from experts and while they agreed it was low risk they said probebly 1 to 5% of all infections are through oral sex. How do you explain this??

Old 05-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #25
(male)

johnsmith232323 HB User

The oral was quite rough too. I just don't see you your mouth is that different.. Also having herpes increases your chances.. Some body please comment..

Old 05-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #26
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Quote:
How do you explain my itcy red dotted ankles>?. Is this a sign of hiv at all?. I have read studys from experts and while they agreed it was low risk they said probebly 1 to 5% of all infections are through oral sex. How do you explain this??
You have been told Symptoms are n no way near to diagnose HIV.
HIV is a Virus which effects Human Body and in many different ways.
Some people may have Rash and Some may not.
Some People may develop fever some may not.
Some people may have swollen glands and some may not.

On top of it, the symptoms serverity differs in alot ways from mild to severe which can take them to ER. Some people may not have any symptoms at all.

And ARS (Acute Retroviral Syndrome) happens, if at all happens, in 2-4 weeks post infection and not 6 months and stays there for 1-2 weeks.

For god damn sake, stop checkign your body for every little thing that is happening.
Probably, it have been there all along and you didnot take notice of it.

Mate, you have been told You had Little THEORITICAL RISK and NO RISK for HIV in practical life. Why dont you go get tested and put it behind and move on.

Australia has many Anonymous Testing centres, you can find them online and go get tested out there, they can give you results in 20 mins.

I am pretty sure, when you get your negative, you will think how stupid you were in doing what you doing now.

Take Cares!!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #27
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
There's an endless supply of inaccurate information about oral sex on the internet: we could go back and forth like this for days on end with a thread over 100 posts long, but it wouldn't be in your best interest. If you don't believe us then please go have an HIV test. It really is your only logical course of action.

Last edited by joggen; 05-04-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #28
(male)

johnsmith232323 HB User

How can you be so sure that it is low risk bt?. I know i should stop freaking out. And nah there is no place near me and i dont have a car so it is abit of a hassle. Do you think i need testing?. Anyone else feel free to comment

Old 05-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #29
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

How do we know simple logic.

If i drop a hammer from a building i dont need to look to know that it will fall, that gravity will do what gravity does, it will fall. And in your case, its also logic.

But if whatever we say does not cure your parnoia, then stop wasting time and just have a HIV test for peace of mind. Its so simple to resolve the situation.

So if your really concerned then test, if not just get on with your life and enjoy it.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 05-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #30
(male)

johnsmith232323 HB User

But what im saying is what makes the mouth any differant and how do we know for sure?. I'm still scared to test hey

Closed Thread