It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 04:27 AM   #91
(male)

johnsmith232323 HB User
Re: Hiv through oral. Really scared

I'm sorry this does not help me at all. I am really worried again. I have a beautiful girlfriend and can't exactly stop everything or tell her. I will try and get tested as soon as i can. Are you sure oral was your only risk?. Everyone has said i was not at all at risk so now i am confussed. I have these red dots up my ankle. Did you get anything like that at all?.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:35 AM   #92
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Great, some brand new poster just did you a tremendous disservice by getting your fears raised again. There have been no proven cases of HIV transmitted through oral sex, this is from millions of HIV cases. Who knows what this guys full story is, if he really did or did not have protected sex with many men, or whether there was condom failure or some other form of transmission.

Everyone else here has repeatedly told you where you stand as far as risk. What more can they possibly say, or does it need to keep going around in endless circles? Symptoms- especially a white tongue and an ankle rash- are not any indication at all of HIV. Only *one* thing can confirm HIV infection, and that is an HIV test. Mail order one if you must, the rapid tests in person give results in 15-20 minutes while you wait.

Reading or posting on the Internet will do nothing for you except increase and perpetuate your anxiety over a negligible( more theoretical) risk. The only way, in my opinion, that you can stop your anxiety is through testing. Again, it is not needed as far as risk is concerned..... Strictly to stop your anxiety over this. Please take the result you get as the answer, and do not start googling again.

Last edited by SOTM; 05-14-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #93
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

@johnsmith232323

I will not argue with the other advice that you receive in this thread but I will say that in general anybody can post anything they want on the internet. You can't go by personal accounts on forums- they simply hold no water. Many people cannot psychologically come to terms about the true reasons they were infected (usually multiple high risk exposures (unprotected anal sex)), others don't remember because they were drunk or high, and still others will simply post outright lies. When these self reports are further investigated they never hold up to scrutiny. Patient reports in journals are considered the weakest of scientific evidence and reports on forums do not qualify as scientific evidence at all for the reasons stated. There is no credible evidence that HIV is transmitted through oral sex.

Having said all that, I fully appreciate the effect that self reports have on a worried person's anxiety. This thread is an unfortunate example of how spending too much time on the internet trying to solve HIV anxiety can be self-defeating. I am returning to this thread one last time to implore you to have a test for psychological assurance only so you can get out of this vicious cycle that you are in and move on with your life once and for all.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
Apollo123 (05-14-2011)
Old 05-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #94
(male)

Josh2929 HB User

John:

I can assure you the itchiness on your ankles is either caused by stress or by an allergy. I suggest you see an allergist. Try different socks, detergent, etc.
As for your white tongue, that is definitely caused by stress (or bad cleaning). If you feel your throat burns I can guarantee you it is because of the stress.

When I was 17 I had unprotected oral sex (both ways) with a guy. I was young and curious. I literally punished me because of this, never did an HIV test but I always though I had it so I create this super anxiety that caused me many of the symptoms you described (lumps in my mouth, sore throat, white tongue, tongue lacerations) all of them caused by stress (which makes you develop more stomach acids hence all the throat and mouth lacerations).
Then a member of my family had an accident and needed blood donators so I went without thinking, they made a quick test and told me I was OK to donate. Even after that I though I had AIDS. I was now 23...
Something was wrong with me and I was ******** scared to take a n hiv test... time passed and I went to see a psychiatrist. He told me he was 100% sure I didnt have a thing (knowing I donated blood)... he encouraged me to take the test and I did.

Negative.

2 days after that I was healthy and strong as bear. I was 27 by that time

10 years killing me and torturing me. I dont think you want to follow that path.

I guess there is only 2 ways to calm you down John 1) You stop reading and googling about the 1-5% (This is a percentage taken out of thousands of oral sex performances and they even say that in most cases the subject of study wasnt sure if oral sex was the only unprotected sex they had). 2) You take the test.

All the luck in the world.

Last edited by Josh2929; 05-14-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Bloody typos

Old 05-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #95
(male)

johnsmith232323 HB User

Ok your prob right. My lymphnodes in my neck are swollen. How big do they typically get to be worried about something. Or do mens neck ones stick out abit anyways?. I know it is low risk but i'm just think i could be one of those 1% of infections...

Old 05-15-2011, 02:40 AM   #96
(male)

johnsmith232323 HB User

So is this an instant when you guys would recomend a test?. Sorry bout the spelling too

Old 05-15-2011, 05:56 AM   #97
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith232323 View Post
So is this an instant when you guys would recomend a test?. Sorry bout the spelling too
As far as your "risk"? No. That has been said repeatedly, you were not at risk. People are suggesting an HIV test to prove to you that you are negative, since anxiety and symptom checking seem to have the better of you. If you can accept what has been said her, that you were not at risk, then move on. If you cannot, then only seeing a negative test will show it you you.

Lymph nodes mean nothing.....same with an ankle rash. Do you k ow how many things can cause that? You are still convinced that any symptom you have is HIV. So get a blood test, you CANNOT Diagnose HIV with symptoms.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #98
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Quote:
Its as smple as:
IF you are worried? TEST to put your mind on rest.
IF NOT? good enough you dont need testing.

I am done posting on your thread.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #99
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Ok i will try. Why do you say that though?. Everyone i have asked seems to think it is a very low risk exposure.. What do you think?

You've been told repeatedly here, by veteran members, exactly what your risk was and what you should do about it. At this point you should take the advice of not using the internet to further your anxiety of this. If you cannot accept that your risk was negligible at most, then get an HIV test to prove that you are not infected.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #100
(male)

johnsmith232323 HB User

Yeah ok i know it is low risk,. But it does happen. I'm just worried about my legs atm. Does hiv rashes appear even after ars and when there is no medication?. Sorry about this long long post but i just wanna be sure it is not that.. Please

Old 05-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #101
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

I don't think it's really in your best interest to continue to seek advice on this thread as it seems that your position all along has been to refuse to believe any of it. I'm not saying this to be mean, it's just a comment meant to help. If that were not the case this thread would not be as long as it is. You've been concerned about this for at least two weeks now (your original post) and probably much longer than that- you could have received the results of an HIV test for peace of mind by now and moved on with your life. If you want to believe that you were at significant risk over this incident then the logical thing to do is get tested.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:25 AM   #102
(male)

johnsmith232323 HB User

So basically there is no risk and my legs have nothing to do with it?. Is that correct? Thanks for this. I really mean it hey..

Old 05-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #103
(male)

Mazaradi HB User

My legs feel the same, i was in a protected encounter with 4 sex workers in 6 weeks! Unprotected oral and protected intercourse.

Am i concerned about HIV anymore? NO! because like the guys stated it to me on here, protected sex = safe sex. I feel little twinges in my neck, arms everynow and again but i bet they were always there and i didnt notice them. Stop ruining your life over it, get tested if you are worried!

The way i look at it - if you HIV then you will Die eventually but thats part of the life no one is immortal we will all die one day so why not live the life you have. But you wont know until you get TESTED!!!!!!!

Mazaradi

Old 05-18-2011, 05:41 AM   #104
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazaradi View Post
My legs feel the same, i was in a protected encounter with 4 sex workers in 6 weeks! Unprotected oral and protected intercourse.

Am i concerned about HIV anymore? NO! because like the guys stated it to me on here, protected sex = safe sex. I feel little twinges in my neck, arms everynow and again but i bet they were always there and i didnt notice them. Stop ruining your life over it, get tested if you are worried!
Glad to hear you have moved on as well. I was a still a bit skeptical/anxiety laden after what I was told here.....so I went out and got tested. Looking back on it, I would not have even bothered knowing what I know now.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #105
(male)

johnsmith232323 HB User

Ok i won't test.. There is no risk hey?. Is that what you guys are saying?. Last post if it is and thanks alot. I know i have been anoying with all these msgs but was just really worried is all...

Closed Thread