HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   HIV Prevention (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hiv-prevention/)
-   -   Hiv through oral. Really scared (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hiv-prevention/847897-hiv-through-oral-really-scared.html)

johnsmith232323 05-04-2011 01:41 AM

Hiv through oral. Really scared

Hi i am a 27 year old male who perform oral sex on three ocassions with what i later found out to be a positive male,. He is in his 60's and i was in a bad state at that time, smoking lots of weed and that. I am really worried about infection, even though it is a low case.. What would you recommend my chances are of having it?. I also have herpes does that increase my chances through oral sex?. It has been really hard for me but now i have a beautiful girlfriend and would hate to hurt her in anyway,. Please help me..

Justifiedguy 05-04-2011 01:47 AM

Re: Hiv through oral. Really scared

From what I've read, there are no documented/proven cases of contraction via oral sex. So, if oral sex is all you had with the guy, your status is the same as it was before oral.

johnsmith232323 05-04-2011 02:01 AM

How come i have read there is documented cases of hiv transmission through oral. I know it is a low risk but would having herpes. Though not active at the time increase my chances?. Sorry i am just really scared over this stupid thing that i have done. Can any medical profesinals comment, sorry for my spelling...

johnsmith232323 05-04-2011 02:10 AM

Sorry just read that. Also was smoking alot of weed out of a little pipe. The ash would sometimes come through and burn my throut, does this increase my chances?. I know all of this is bad but i was in a self destructive state when this all happend.. Now worried that this herpes outbreak is because of hiv...

Justifiedguy 05-04-2011 02:15 AM

[QUOTE=johnsmith232323;4745931]Sorry just read that. Also was smoking alot of weed out of a little pipe. The ash would sometimes come through and burn my throut, does this increase my chances?. I know all of this is bad but i was in a self destructive state when this all happend.. Now worried that this herpes outbreak is because of hiv...[/QUOTE]

I really feel for you buddy but your HIV status is same as it was before the oral sex encounter. You can get tested in 4 to 6 weeks to confirm you are fine. Glad you are no longer in a destructive state. It's way past sleep time here in states, so will respond to you again in a couple of hours.

Cheers!

blokecalledkev 05-04-2011 02:16 AM

[QUOTE=johnsmith232323;4745928]How come i have read there is documented cases of hiv transmission through oral. I know it is a low risk but would having herpes. Though not active at the time increase my chances?. Sorry i am just really scared over this stupid thing that i have done. Can any medical profesinals comment, sorry for my spelling...[/QUOTE]

There are no medical professional here, simply people who have gone through what you are going through. Rather than stay in the dark about HIV many people here have studied HIV and the way it is transmitted extensively. There are doctors boards on the net where you will pay for advice, here it is free. But the advice will be the same , you were not at risk and the fact you have a puff of a bit a weed makes zero difference.

Understand this is an advice forum only. This is an opinion, it is the same opinion you will be given on any HIV forum. If you wish to ignore this and continue to freak out over a zero risk exposure, it is your call. Freaking out will not determine your HIV status, if you are so concerned then please go for an HIV test, it will be negative.

Kevin.

guyfromnorth 05-04-2011 03:10 AM

[QUOTE=johnsmith232323;4745928]How come i have read there is documented cases of hiv transmission through oral. I know it is a low risk but would having herpes. Though not active at the time increase my chances?. Sorry i am just really scared over this stupid thing that i have done. Can any medical profesinals comment, sorry for my spelling...[/QUOTE]

The case you are mentioning here was not even a confirmed case.
That couple must have been involved in other sexual activities other than just oral.
Plus one of them had a poor Oral Hygiene and fresh sores in the mouth. Probably that was the route of transmission.
As in your case, i doubt it.
Saliva inhibits HIV buddy.
so you dont have to worry or loose sleep over this.

johnsmith232323 05-04-2011 05:22 AM

Can others please post your opinions. I am really worried i am infected... Expert opinion would be greatly appreciated..

johnsmith232323 05-04-2011 05:24 AM

Sorry i didn't see these posts. Thanks alot but guys:).. So you need quite abit of blood in your mouth to get infected?,. Not say a burn from ash or anything?. I know it's a small risk but the fact they don't know exactly is what scares me..

johnsmith232323 05-04-2011 05:56 AM

Are you guys hiv positive by any chance??

guyfromnorth 05-04-2011 06:52 AM

[QUOTE=johnsmith232323;4746013]Are you guys hiv positive by any chance??[/QUOTE]

Now, thats pretty straight question!!

Buddy, its irrelevant who is positive or not. but all it matters is that the experts here are give you advice which is your choice to take it or not.

If you take it. Well'n good. If you dont, your choice.

But rregarding your case, its ZERO risk. As in the history of 30 years, there is not single case of transmission from Oral.

blokecalledkev 05-04-2011 07:04 AM

[QUOTE=johnsmith232323;4745989]Sorry i didn't see these posts. Thanks alot but guys:).. So you need quite abit of blood in your mouth to get infected?,. Not say a burn from ash or anything?. I know it's a small risk but the fact they don't know exactly is what scares me..[/QUOTE]

There would have to be a great deal of blood for you to have been at any risk. It has been equated to punching somebody over and over again in the face while you were giving oral sex. And no not from a burn. And yes there are members of this forum who have HIV, I am not one but I have great admiration for those that have and conduct themselves in a very civil and gentle manner, offering very straight forward advice.

I stand by my original opinion, you were not at risk. If you doubt my opinion or anybody's opinion on this forum the choices are very simple. Seek an opinion elsewhere or go for a HIV test. Both will confirm what you have been told here. You were not at risk.

It is very simple from this point you can continue to post hoping that you will get a different opinion in order to continue to freak out or you can do the most sensible thing. Forget this and move on with your life or get off the net and go and speak to a doctor in person and get checked out. I say the later to you because it is clear you are unwilling or unable to accept the opinion you were not exposed to an HIV infection. Therefore you need to seek professional medical help in order to ease your mind.

johnsmith232323 05-04-2011 07:35 AM

Straight question?, what you mean.. Thank you but i'm still not convinced.. What proof is there that no one has got it that way because it seems if you say that though had higher risk like vaginal or anal intercourse they just presume it is that,. Sorry for harping on about it but this is my life here and i just wanna be 100%..

blokecalledkev 05-04-2011 07:41 AM

If you want to be 100% certain go for an HIV test. Is there a problem with this ?

Buddy, I cannot keep repeating the same thing over and over again. Oral sex carries a very small theoretical risk, there have been no confirmed cases of HIV ever being transmitted via oral sex alone. If you have issues with this advice then go for an HIV test.

NOBODY online will diagnose you this is done through an HIV test. Your risk was so small (zero) it does not even warrant a test but you clearly want to worry yourself sick. So go for a test and find out for certain, ok ?

guyfromnorth 05-04-2011 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=johnsmith232323;4746068]Straight question? , what you mean.. [COLOR="Red"][B]Yes!! you have no business in knowing anyone's status. you have come here for an advice so you got it.[/B][/COLOR]

Thank you but i'm still not convinced.. [COLOR="Red"][B]No one can convince you online, so your best bet would be take an HIV Test @ appropriate time.[/B][/COLOR]

What proof is there that no one has got it that way because it seems if you say that though had higher risk like vaginal or anal intercourse they just presume it is that,. [COLOR="Red"][B]Only proof is your HIV Test, when you get your negative.
[/B][/COLOR]
Sorry for harping on about it but this is my life here and i just wanna be 100%.. [COLOR="Red"][B]We know its your life then take a Test and find out yourself after collecting negative.[/B][/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]

We know its your life buddy, and every one out here is concerned to see you over concerned on this non hiv exposure.
Every one is trying to help you here by giving you sound advice.
Every one of us has been worried at times like you are and NONE of us are medical professionals. You wont find any Medical professionals on this forum or may be you have to pay for taking an expert's advice.
Do you want to do that?? NO!!
You would be better off paying that money to a charity for a good cause and get blessings.
Buddy, you need to calm down and get on with life.
Cheers!!