It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
(male)

karankapoor HB User
Arrow 16 Weeks Negative and still Symptoms

Hello,
I have been reading posts on here but some posts are so confusing in case of testing.

I have got tested after a possible exposure of Unprotected sex after 16 weeks came out to be negative.

But what is worrying me most is on and off Diarrhea and stomach cramps.
Can still this be the case of HIV Infection?

I dont know what generation of testing did the lab does in India, New Delhi.
The labs name is Religare.

Please I need some input on the situation I am in. I appreciate!

Old 05-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: 16 Weeks Negative and still Symptoms

Any generation of HIV test will be conclusive three months after exposure. HIV test results at the appropriate time always trump symptoms- the tests were designed to be highly sensitive and specific, whereas symptoms such as yours are usually due to a myriad of much more common causes. There are a host of bacterial and viral infections that can give you diarrhea and stomach cramps. I suggest that you see a doctor for your GI issues but forget about HIV as a cause.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
karankapoor (05-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

i agree with joggen..

hiv should not be a concern at all.
your best bet would be to work
closely with an observant medical professional
to figure out what is going on with you
good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
karankapoor (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hiya, as the guys said HIV is not a concern for you, certainly not after 16 weeks. To rest your mind some what, if you did have HIV, the symptoms you have would not resemble it. Besides their are many many more illnes'es that can cause this. If you havnt and your still concerned, you may want to test for all STD's, just to be on the safe side and rule it out.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
karankapoor (05-15-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
(male)

karankapoor HB User

Had to take Imodium yesterday to stop the watery stools.
But today in monring and every morning I have tenderness in chest, stomach ache just below the rib cage in the centre. I have read the spleen swelling is a symptoms of HIV Infection.
I feel very tired and sleepy every morning till i take my shower. its not like before at all.
Having wierd red spots on shoulder too which are itchy and painful at times.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You need to see a doctor and stop reading up on HIV which is a waste of time as it cannot explain your symptoms. The more that you stay on this thread and delay medical care the greater the chance that your situation could become more serious if left untreated.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
karankapoor (05-16-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 12:57 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Had to take Imodium yesterday to stop the watery stools.
But today in monring and every morning I have tenderness in chest, stomach ache just below the rib cage in the centre. I have read the spleen swelling is a symptoms of HIV Infection.
I feel very tired and sleepy every morning till i take my shower. its not like before at all.
Having wierd red spots on shoulder too which are itchy and painful at times.
You dont know if you speen is swollen and it dosent give off the symptoms you talk about. I say this i DO have a swollen spleen and i dont have HIV or any pian due to it. The symptoms you have are not related to HIV at all.
1, Its to soon to give symptoms
2, You tested negative

You are HIV negative despite any symptoms you may have, the facts are conclusive, you are HIV negative.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
karankapoor (05-16-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 03:28 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Hi Buddy,

What are you worried about as you got the negative results under your belt already?
Your symptoms can be no way related to HIV. But please work closely with your Medical officer to get to the root of it.

Good Luck!!

The Following User Says Thank You to guyfromnorth For This Useful Post:
karankapoor (05-16-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 04:25 AM   #9
(male)

karankapoor HB User

guyfromnorth,

It could be early testing as most of the people test out to 6 months.
Just a thought? I may be wrong.
Also what about the ***** bumps suddenly started appaering on my shoulders and upper back!! can they be related to heat or stress as it is extremely hot outhere in India!

Old 05-16-2011, 04:32 AM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

I would certainly consider a heat rash. Try some antihisameans or see a chemist regarding them. But no you dont need to test at 6 months and no your rash is not a HIV rash at all.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:55 AM   #11
(male)

karankapoor HB User

thanks for the replies, It has certainly let me calm down to a certain extent.
But can it be a case of late sero conversion?
Also, if anyone can give me a brief on Results surity?
How come people test up till 6, 9 and 12 months then to be sure?
And lot of posts tell you about sensitivity and accuracy of results now a days how are they different?
Anyone heard of Ranbaxy Labs/ Religare Labs?
Do they perform latest tests?
How I can be so sure?
I got back to them regarding the same but they told me that you cannot be 100% sure unless you take up an early detection tests which are a bit more expensive.

Please tell what i need to do in this case?

Old 05-16-2011, 05:44 AM   #12
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
thanks for the replies, It has certainly let me calm down to a certain extent.
But can it be a case of late sero conversion?
Urban myth.
Also, if anyone can give me a brief on Results surity?
How come people test up till 6, 9 and 12 months then to be sure?
They have parnoia issues, or had organ transplants and are on very strong medication
And lot of posts tell you about sensitivity and accuracy of results now a days how are they different?
Anyone heard of Ranbaxy Labs/ Religare Labs?
Do they perform latest tests?
How I can be so sure?
I got back to them regarding the same but they told me that you cannot be 100% sure unless you take up an early detection tests which are a bit more expensive.
Untrue. Any HIV test after 3 months is fully conclusive, end of story no if's but's or maybe's

Please tell what i need to do in this case?
Well your HIV negative, just move on buddy. You had sex with somone who is more than likley HIV - in the first place. As for you, well you negative despite your attempts to convince yourself otherwise. Facts and logic disprove speculation and parnoia every time. Your HIV negative end of story and that is not going to change

Regards

Last edited by Apollo123; 05-16-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #13
(male)

karankapoor HB User

I had been naauseatic since 2 days and felt ok for a bit today.

Had some stretch sores on my Private part. I dont know if it is a sign of HIV too? loosing sleep over it

Old 05-18-2011, 01:48 AM   #14
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Buddy,
As has been explained to you that symptoms has nothing to do with HIV but Results has which are negative. so your symptoms bear no bearing on your status but result does. Results always trumps the symptoms and which has done in your case too.

So just go have beer and forget about it.

Cheers!!

Old 05-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #15
(male)

LAX21 HB User

I have been on this forum only a short time and have seen several guys like you not believing what the people on here are telling you. You are negative. You are fine. As far as your symptoms they should be checked by a doctor to find out what is causing them, but it's not HIV. Stress can cause you to feel sick. Please listen to this advice you have received, but more importantly act on it. Go see a doctor about what is bothering you. Good luck and please relax

Closed Thread